Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

List your broken apps in iOS 12 here

Comments

• @knewspeak said:

@Kühl said:
    Notion from Presonus.

All my scores disappeared. Of course I had backups. :smiley: but my heart jumped in 6/8 beat

Just don't give birth to triplets :D

You made me laugh 😂

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Well iOS 11 was a game cha... introduced Files, so getting me to update right away didn't take too much convincing. iOS 12 has nothing in the way of anything truly novel (unless you count truly useless shite like "memojis" as novel), so I'll be sticking to my usual routine of waiting until Halloween/whenever Korg releases an "iOS 12 compatibility update" for Gadget before updating to 12. :smirk:

Unless you want your iPad to have more ram, ios12 releases reasonable amounts of RAM 🐏

• @tja said:

@tja said:
    OK, i am biting.

Re-enabling Apple update servers in the router, starting to download.

What did I think?!?

Yep, also tried to hard-reboot first.

Trying again tomorrow, otherwise will open a case at Apple.

And I fear that I will need to reset this as new iPad and then restore a backup.
    That will loose more Apps again :/ :( :s

That is a sign. My iPad will be staying on iOS 11 for the foreseeable future.

• @Janosax said:

@j_liljedahl AUM play transport button sometimes don’t works, AUM don’t starts. I have to quit and load AUM again.

This is fixed already in the current AUM beta. As a workaround, just tap the home button and then bring AUM to foreground again, no need to actually quit the app.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

@j_liljedahl AUM play transport button sometimes don’t works, AUM don’t starts. I have to quit and load AUM again.

This is fixed already in the current AUM beta. As a workaround, just tap the home button and then bring AUM to foreground again, no need to actually quit the app.

Ok thanks for the info :)

• edited September 2018

Got some weird behavior yesterday with Sunrizer as AU in Auria pro. Suddenly, and even though it was the only track in the DAW, the sound froze and Sunrizer lost its settings, getting back to the usual start preset. Never happened to me in iOS 11.

• edited September 2018

Still no compatibility update for Patch Morpher (the brilliant editor for HW syths like Blofeld, Virus TI, DSI Prophet 12, and others) since iOS 11. Scratching my head about that one. Don’t mean to complain, but i did buy several of the IAP synth editors, which were great. Certainly others did as well. (BTW... why don’t devs sell the app if they don’t / can’t / won’t do even the smallest of updates? :/ Not asking for new features, just continuity. Just saying! Still, life goes on... not a huge deal overall, of course.)
    /rant

• for me, so far everything seems ok except audiodamage's eos2 and pumphouse which completely freeze up cubasis

• schsch
    edited September 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So you have problems with Gadget?

Nope, because I'm still on 11.4.1. :smirk:

Spent the afternoon and evening using Gadget on a large project with zero issues under iOS 12.

• @sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Spent the afternoon and evening using Gadget on a large project with zero issues under iOS 12.

Phew! That's good. :) Did you use all internal gadgets, or with Gadget-compatible apps too?

• AUM have crashed with SessionBand Jazz 3 IAA several times today.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Phew! That's good. :) Did you use all internal gadgets, or with Gadget-compatible apps too?

All Gadget, then stem export via Dropbox (still!!!) to get it into Auria Pro for mixing.

• virsyn Audiolayer crashing every time. Using exs24 triple felt piano in aum as au.

• @Kühl said:
    Notion from Presonus.

All my scores disappeared. Of course I had backups. :smiley: but my heart jumped in 6/8 beat

@JonLewis said:
    The Notion issue is scary. I’ve got a lot of WIP in Notion. Not updating yet based on that.

Didn't happened to me. Notion seems fine.

• RX-950 got updated with a fix but still crashes in AUM for me.

• @sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

All Gadget, then stem export via Dropbox (still!!!) to get it into Auria Pro for mixing.

I wish the dumbarses at Korg would improve Gadget by allowing us to access stems via the Files app under "On Your iPad/iPhone". Luckily, that is not an iOS 12 upgrade issue. So, I guess Gadget is "business as usual" for now. :) Phew!

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@sch said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I wish the dumbarses at Korg would improve Gadget by allowing us to access stems via the Files app under "On Your iPad/iPhone". Luckily, that is not an iOS 12 upgrade issue. So, I guess Gadget is "business as usual" for now. :) Phew!

Wait. Waaaaiiiiiit. What is this? They added Files support?! :astonished: DUDE!!

• @gusgranite said:
    RX-950 got updated with a fix but still crashes in AUM for me.

Yup, same here. Exact same crash as before

• Still Alchemy and NS1 :)
    Alchemy is/was still the best synth on iOS ever.
    I know it‘s in Garage Band but there it is even more crippled and not much presets there as well....even if it‘s still my first choice for moving sounds above all others.
    Life is not the same without the good old Alchemy app :/

• @realdawei said:

@gusgranite said:
    RX-950 got updated with a fix but still crashes in AUM for me.

Yup, same here. Exact same crash as before

Thirded

• @Lacm1993 said:

@Kühl said:
    Notion from Presonus.

@JonLewis said:
    The Notion issue is scary. I’ve got a lot of WIP in Notion. Not updating yet based on that.

Didn't happened to me. Notion seems fine.

Yeah, on 3 of my machines it went fine, but on the first Pro I installed, Notion was blank & and I panicked because I installed all at the same time. Then I remembered my iPhone. I had to gave a backup on my iPhone...
    But the next Pro came in all right, and then my Air was all right... and I restarted my first Pro & tried a little Norwegian cursing. That seemed to help, cause everything popped up.
    But the scare of losing months of work was like when your slowly crashing your car on an icy road...
    Yeah, I know... backups. That was the first I did after my consciousness came back :wink:

• @Janosax said:
    AUM have crashed with SessionBand Jazz 3 IAA several times today.

Is it AUM or SessionBand that is crashing? I've never seen an IAA be able to crash AUM.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

Is it AUM or SessionBand that is crashing? I've never seen an IAA be able to crash AUM.

AUM has crashed two times when switching with SessionBand: AUM has closed itself and SessionBand was still opened.

• I took a chance on Studiomux and was let down. Sound was there but garbage fidelity on Windows 10 Asus. Not sure if it’s IOS 12 or a myriad of other reasons but it doesn’t work and I’m out of pocket $15 for trying it out :s

• @Janosax said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

AUM has crashed two times when switching with SessionBand: AUM has closed itself and SessionBand was still opened.

Please tell me the steps to reproduce. Is it when switching to AUM from Sessionband, or the other way around?

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Janosax said:

Please tell me the steps to reproduce. Is it when switching to AUM from Sessionband, or the other way around?

I will try later today to reproduce it and will let you know all the steps.

• tried a little Norwegian cursing.

Can we have a soundfile of that?

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    I took a chance on Studiomux and was let down. Sound was there but garbage fidelity on Windows 10 Asus. Not sure if it’s IOS 12 or a myriad of other reasons but it doesn’t work and I’m out of pocket $15 for trying it out :s

Working fine on 12 here. PM me if you would like me to help you troubleshoot it. Much easier than trying to fix it for you via the forum.

• @j_liljedahl Fluxpad crashes when opened in AUM with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.

• @greengrocer said:
    @j_liljedahl Fluxpad crashes when opened in AUM with iPhone 7 Plus iOS 12.

I have no control over bugs in other apps :)
    Tried Fluxpad now and can't even get any sound out from it as stand-alone.