Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DerVoco is 80% off

Comments

• edited September 2018

Oh dang, I bought it with the hype at full price. Ah well, it was worth $4 for the 20 minutes of pretending I was daft punk, even though I haven’t used it since then.

The app sounds great and works really well. Definitely worth the 0.99 sale price. go get it people!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dervoco/id1391057304

• booom! got it. thanks had just added it to my shortlist about 2 days ago

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This is SUPER worth it for $0.99 for sure.

• Thanks. I’ve looked at it often, but won’t use it often :D

• Thanks for the heads up on this!

• Anyone know if it's possible to use AB3 for all the routing needed to use an external carrier in this?

Video below shows possible routing into Cubase but uses both AUM and AB3 :

It seems like AB3 should be able to do this without AUM... anyone know?

cheers

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks. I’ve looked at it often, but won’t use it often :D

Me neither but at 99p/c who cares :D

• When it was released, I just knew I didn't need another vocoder
    Now at this price, instabuy :lol:

• Wondering how it would sound with an acoustic guitar being effected by Dervoco and AAS Objeq :tongue:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Wondering how it would sound with an acoustic guitar being effected by Dervoco and AAS Objeq :tongue:

For 99¢ you can find out!

• @zeroG said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Thanks. I’ve looked at it often, but won’t use it often :D

Me neither but at 99p/c who cares :D

I bought it, but it looks way too new compared to this

Will have to do some fake aging of it :D

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@senhorlampada said:
    Wondering how it would sound with an acoustic guitar being effected by Dervoco and AAS Objeq :tongue:

So true! :wink: Anxious to get home and get it :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@senhorlampada said:

So true! :wink: Anxious to get home and get it :lol:

Let us know how it goes. Sounds like a cool experiment.

• Thanks for letting us know!
    It only works as AUv3 and only with iOS11+ but then on both iPhone and iPad.

A vocoder that has all the relevant features.
    Internal and external carrier.
    Internal polyphonic synth can either be played over AUv3 MIDI or using an internal keyboard with hold function. Filter levels and tonal/noisy components are adjustable individually.

This is fun!

• Thanks for the sharing!!!

• Just been playing with this - it’s pretty cool, no doubt about that. Only qualm is that to record anything in Cubasis you also need AUM which I don’t have, so just watch out for that :)

I previously used vBot by @humbletune for simple vocoding (lol like I vocode every day) - this worked as an IAA and you could simply route a neighbouring MIDI track output to it while it was sat in an FX slot on an audio track - nice, simple and self contained :)

Shame vBot is not on the AppStore anymore (come on Erik, bring it back... and better still make it AUv3!)

• Is this possible to set up for use in apematrix? I get the AUM setup but I wanna use the ape

• There's an incompatibility in Cubasis, trying to freeze the track in Cubasis 2.6 / iOS 11.4.1 will show the "Freeze" dialog but nothing happens.
    Clicking "Cancel" will show the arrangement window but the UI is dead.
    App switching won't help, always have to kill and restart Cubasis.
    This seems to be an issue specific to DerVoco.

• Excellent app, it has exceeded my expectations. Sounds cool on drum sequences. I could see myself using DerVoco in more situations than I anticipated. The slop/drift depth parameter is very nice. The vocoder keyboard covers up some of the bottom controls, but you can just hide the keyboard to access them. Attempting to save user presets has been a bit glitchy. I wouldn’t have given this a close look without the sale, but it’s a nice surprise and definitely a bargain.

• Thanks for the heads up @zeroG

• Purchased it at full price. Never once regretted it. I prefer vocoding to the "T-Pain effect". It was a bargain already, and now you're practically getting it for free. Awesome sauce! :smiley:

• edited September 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Purchased it at full price. Never once regretted it. I prefer vocoding to the "T-Pain effect". It was a bargain already, and now you're practically getting it for free. Awesome sauce! :smiley:

It does sound very good indeed. And each of the controls does just the right thing. Lovely thing for us old school die-hards :wink:

• edited September 2018

Grabbed! Eh....
    Sorry, not a politically correct word :blush:

• @rs2000 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Purchased it at full price. Never once regretted it. I prefer vocoding to the "T-Pain effect". It was a bargain already, and now you're practically getting it for free. Awesome sauce! :smiley:

It does sound very good indeed. And each of the controls does just the right thing. Lovely thing for us old school die-hards :wink:

Amen to that mate!

• @iamspoon it is possible. You need to add two inputs on the same channel (one synth, one audio), add DerVoco as an effect and switch it to “input mode”, then in the mixer pan the synth to the left and audio to the right.

• What a fun app, plays so well with an external MIDI keyboard. I just had a good hour of fun playing around.

• Purchased at full price... don't regret it. Not really into the vocoder part so much... but it's cool if you like that sort of stuff... but the main reason I dig it is for the carrier modulating. Really nifty once you get it set up.