Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 12 is available (as of Monday 17 September)

Comments

• Tested my Pro 2 12.9 and got 278571

• edited September 2018

funny,i updated my 7 and i don’t notice any difference (except more contrast).I also don‘t have that“swipe from top right“ to open control center etc.All gestures are same as before.Which i definitely prefer,i want to use the control center with one hand

• @wim said:

@u0421793 said:
    I’ve upgraded my new 26.7cm iPad Pro. The first thing that stood out as soon as I saw the screenful of apps was an unfamiliar unwanted “Stocks” app I certainly didn’t put there, so within a second I deleted that! The time isn’t where I’m used to seeing it, so I’ve got to get used to looking elsewhere for the time. The iPad camera still isn’t fixed – the shutter button is still on the incorrect side to be able to be used without also dropping the iPad, as both hands are now over there on the right side, one prodding and the other trying to grip the same edge, with all the remaining weight of the iPad slipping out of the grip as the button is pushed. I’m fed up with dropping the iPad this way – I’ve done it twice on my previous iPads, yet the camera is still misdesigned after so many years.

Did you know you can use the volume buttons rather than the shutter button?

No. That simply wasn’t apparent. I should have tried a few other random things to see if they fix other shortcomings, such as wearing stripey underpants, pointing the cactus in a certain way, and drawing three quarters of a circle on the second egg along in the fridge.

• @u0421793 said:

@wim said:

@u0421793 said:
    I’ve upgraded my new 26.7cm iPad Pro. The first thing that stood out as soon as I saw the screenful of apps was an unfamiliar unwanted “Stocks” app I certainly didn’t put there, so within a second I deleted that! The time isn’t where I’m used to seeing it, so I’ve got to get used to looking elsewhere for the time. The iPad camera still isn’t fixed – the shutter button is still on the incorrect side to be able to be used without also dropping the iPad, as both hands are now over there on the right side, one prodding and the other trying to grip the same edge, with all the remaining weight of the iPad slipping out of the grip as the button is pushed. I’m fed up with dropping the iPad this way – I’ve done it twice on my previous iPads, yet the camera is still misdesigned after so many years.

Did you know you can use the volume buttons rather than the shutter button?

No. That simply wasn’t apparent. I should have tried a few other random things to see if they fix other shortcomings, such as wearing stripey underpants, pointing the cactus in a certain way, and drawing three quarters of a circle on the second egg along in the fridge.

It’s the third egg, second egg DOES NOT fix the issue. I’ve written to Apple, waiting to hear back.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien how do you reset the RAM, please?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @mAxjUlien how do you reset the RAM, please?

@LinearLineman Hold power button until you get the "slide to power off" option - then hold home button for 3-4 secs until it brings you back to home screen

• @mistercharlie said:

@realdawei said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'm definitely upgrading, seems like there's nothing to fear with this one and the new AU ram limits will mean more stability hopefully :)

These limits only kick in for 4GB RAM devices from what I read. If apps developers start using it and open their music apps up to it. How will that effect the same app on 2GB device? I read Crydebyte article mentioning it.

Do you have a link to the article?

Edit: nevermind found it :)

Can you post the link?

It’s actually tweets / screenshots in earlier pages on this thread.

• The new control centre swipe down from right top is actually a pretty considerable upgrade over the precious swipe up gesture, as we can now change screen brightness while staying on your current project screen, and previously we used to enter multitasking screen just to change the screen brightness. Although not intuitive initially i think it will become intuitive soon. I am glad the multitasking screen and control center has been made independent of each other!

Pretty bummed for the new keyboard though, gives me😂🤔🤷‍♂️🚒💕 smilies when i want numbers and signs.

• @Halftone said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @mAxjUlien how do you reset the RAM, please?

@LinearLineman Hold power button until you get the "slide to power off" option - then hold home button for 3-4 secs until it brings you back to home screen

That does not reset the ram. I’ve monitored this by using an app called iDoctor Pro. I don’t think it’s on AppStore, but you can find similar apps on AppStore. I can get as much as 900mb on my 1gig iPad Air & 3gigs free on my 4gig iPad Pros... while resetting by double press gains nothing. It’s better to power off and power on again so iOS comes in fresh...

• @Voldrox said:
    The new control centre swipe down from right top is actually a pretty considerable upgrade over the precious swipe up gesture, as we can now change screen brightness while staying on your current project screen, and previously we used to enter multitasking screen just to change the screen brightness. Although not intuitive initially i think it will become intuitive soon. I am glad the multitasking screen and control center has been made independent of each other!

Yes, in my experience this is much better. Before I tried it myself I had seen a couple of reviews from popular “influencers” that described it in less than flattering terms. Way off. I’m so done with reviewers and self professed power users.

• @Voldrox said:
    Pretty bummed for the new keyboard though, gives me😂🤔🤷‍♂️🚒💕 smilies when i want numbers and signs.

That is my only complaint about 12, took me forever to get used to how they swapped those buttons on the keyboard.

• edited September 2018

just bought a 90 day old Pro2. Will update to 12 shortly. Yay!
    I love my headphone jack and home button!

• @LinearLineman said:
    just bought a 90 day old Pro2. Will update to 12 shortly. Yay!
    I love my headphone jack and home button!

Congratulations!
    I’m sure you will have a lot of fun with this powerful new iPad! 👍😊

• @Tarekith said:

@Voldrox said:

That is my only complaint about 12, took me forever to get used to how they swapped those buttons on the keyboard.

Funking hate they have done this grrrr

• Thanks @chandroji. I already love it. Incredibly fast compared with my beloved ipad4. Now I am thinking of getting the Kawai VPC1. My Roland FA07 is just a 76 key controller keyboard now since I use iOS for everything. Going to probably trade it in for a real virtual piano feel.

• @Voldrox said:
    The new control centre swipe down from right top is actually a pretty considerable upgrade over the precious swipe up gesture, as we can now change screen brightness while staying on your current project screen, and previously we used to enter multitasking screen just to change the screen brightness. Although not intuitive initially i think it will become intuitive soon. I am glad the multitasking screen and control center has been made independent of each other!

Yes, so very annoying. Probably a strategic move to get people into emojis/animojis so that they can eventually sell 3rd party emoji packs and monetise them.

🍎💩

• Sweet, you can install the Grammarly keyboard from the app store and get back the old layout.

• edited September 2018

Apple is so courageous. memojis are the future baby. our bright, beautiful future... :confounded: :dizzy: :neutral: :anguished:

• @AudioGus said:

@Voldrox said:

Yes, so very annoying. Probably a strategic move to get people into emojis/animojis so that they can eventually sell 3rd party emoji packs and monetise them.

🍎💩

Is there an option to hide this crap? We’re not all 9 year olds.

• I also got a kick out of the news this week: FaceID doesn't work with sunglasses... so Apple is working with sunglasses manufacturers to make new sunglasses that work with FaceID.

Don't think about it too much but apparently its not a FaceID problem... its that sunglasses are designed wrong...

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@Voldrox said:

🍎💩

Grammarly keyboard from the app store can restore the old layout. Just don't give it 'full access' of course.

• For what its worth, I went ahead and updated on my 2015 iPad 12.9. The OS improvements seem negligible if even at all noticable. What did it for me is everyone talking about how multi-tasking AU resources seems to be improved quite a bit.

• @AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@Voldrox said:

🍎💩

Grammarly keyboard from the app store can restore the old layout. Just don't give it 'full access' of course.

Just delete the Emoji keyboard in the keyboard settings.

• @Santosgera said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

@Voldrox said:

🍎💩

Just delete the Emoji keyboard in the keyboard settings.

I still need it for texting my shmookums.