Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For the Love of Nave

Comments

• Thanks. Very familiar.

• knave is like my unsung hero , it's the only synth app I have that has never faulted and always satisfied.

• edited September 2018

For some reason, when my iOS journey began I avoided Nave. I think I would have purchased less apps in the long run had I gotten it first. It’s just so good. I love it.

• Well,, I thought Knave was a ‘place’ or, the place in the video...
    Beautiful... inspiring...

• Is Nave still supported regularly? This is one that I've missed but looks right up my alley.

• Just had an update awhile back. Was 2 years before that. I wouldn’t let that hold me back though, personally speaking.

• My favourite synth, one of the few I really enjoyed. The only thing I wish for is an extra filter with split/parallel routing and also more filter types

• edited September 2018

@RajahP said:
    Well,, I thought Knave was a ‘place’ or, the place in the video...
    Beautiful... inspiring...

I can't bear to spell it correctly, it's just felt right this way from the beginning lol

on second thought better correct the thread title in case someone wants to look it up.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Is Nave still supported regularly? This is one that I've missed but looks right up my alley.

not too many updates but something about knave just always feels like it's right what it's supposed to be.

• lovely iosynth

• Damn. That was lovely. From the YT description:

Musicians:
    Piano - Wooden spoon hitting a glass bowl
    Drone - Old computer fan
    Recorded entirely within Nave over 2 tracks using it's built-in effects and 'Tape' recorder.

And the rest:

Another recording using sounds created in Nave, which were made from mundane household objects. I like this kind of synthesis; apart from the degree of involvement and personalization it allows in the sound creation process, just making music with anything laying around that is capable of making a noise is rather satisfying. This is partly because it negates the need for expensive gadgets (excluding the iPad), but also because it reminds me of the early pioneers of electronic music, such as the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and the way they produced other-worldly music using 'found sounds'. The only difference is that nowadays any idiot can do it, myself being a good example.

• Really impressive.

• @syrupcore said:
    Damn. That was lovely. From the YT description:

Musicians:
    Piano - Wooden spoon hitting a glass bowl
    Drone - Old computer fan
    Recorded entirely within Nave over 2 tracks using it's built-in effects and 'Tape' recorder.

And the rest:

Another recording using sounds created in Nave, which were made from mundane household objects. I like this kind of synthesis; apart from the degree of involvement and personalization it allows in the sound creation process, just making music with anything laying around that is capable of making a noise is rather satisfying. This is partly because it negates the need for expensive gadgets (excluding the iPad), but also because it reminds me of the early pioneers of electronic music, such as the BBC Radiophonic Workshop, and the way they produced other-worldly music using 'found sounds'. The only difference is that nowadays any idiot can do it, myself being a good example.

Yessir, this is exactly why I'm interested in Nave after missing it previously. Great story and impressive results.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Yessir, this is exactly why I'm interested in Nave after missing it previously. Great story and impressive results.

Indeed. I like that Mr. Moto didn't post the description to begin with because it let the music stand on its own. "Good" vs "Good, considering..." can get squishy for me. Hopefully folks listen to it before scrolling down for my spoiler. :)

• Here are a couple Nave pieces I did quite a while back. I should revisit this wonderful synth.

• That video and music was great! Thank you for sharing @kobamoto

• my pleasure, Dreams of Wires whole channel is great and his (k)Nave clips are some of my favorite

• @kobamoto said:
    my pleasure, Dreams of Wires whole channel is great and his (k)Nave clips are some of my favorite

Yes that was brilliant, cheers for posting.

I went to the App Store to have a look how much Nave was and of course I’d bought it years ago...

• Honestly, Nave is one of the greats for IOS, and with the ability to create patches and use them in the various VST versions is immensely important to me.

To be truthful though, I would probably do evil acts if Waldorf were to agree to an AU3 version of the synth. Given their commitment to the Nave user experience, I am not holding my breath, but I do wish for this.

That all being said, I use Nave for almost all of my PC and IOS based projects. if you can, I recommend getting your hands on their Quantum synth. It is by far the single greatest music making tool I have seen since Les Paul put his name to a guitar.

• Great music posted here!!

• I've been having a problem with Nave in both AB and Aum - it keeps asking to be restarted. Anyone else?

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I've been having a problem with Nave in both AB and Aum - it keeps asking to be restarted. Anyone else?

Just opened it in AUM no problem (on 12).

• edited September 2018

I'm on 10.3, and it either doesn't want to load, or unattaches itself shortly after. i may have to reinstall.

• To be honest.

Till this day.

Animoog
    Nave

Still do more than any other apps for me as a whole.

• @RUST( i )K That's funny you say that as Animoog has been on my list to learn more about and dig into. That and Nave.

• I want Animoog and Nave oversample additions.

• @AudioGus said:
    I want Animoog and Nave oversample additions.

what does this mean, be gentle

• @kinkujin said:

@AudioGus said:

what does this mean, be gentle

it means I don't know how to spell 'edition' for one thing. ;)

It is like anti-aliasing I guess... smooths things out. Takes the grainy away. That is the extent of my understanding of what it does. Makes sound gooder?

• Ah ok, yes, I've heard of that smoother gooder thing. Thanks.

• @AudioGus said:

That is what is so awesome with the AU Fx options these days, it raises the bar on so many things.