Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• edited September 2018

Blew a gasket over one more app that would never be really mine, and might just one day disapear from my toolbox, or might stop working after an iOS upsoledate.

Pre-ordered.

• @Philippe said:
    Blew a gasket over one more app that would never be really mine, and might just one day disapear from my toolbox, or might stop working after an iOS upsoledate.

Pre-ordered.

• @j_liljedahl possible to sync the app via a hardware clock? Or is AUM + link to midi the way to go?

• Oeps.....preordered.

When can we use it?

• @Dchild said:
    @j_liljedahl possible to sync the app via a hardware clock? Or is AUM + link to midi the way to go?

You mean to an external MIDI clock? No, the app syncs only to host sync. Used in a host that provides host sync and supports Link, it means the app will be synced to Link as well. If there's any host that can slave to external MIDI clock and provide this sync to apps via host sync, that would work. (AUM does not slave to MIDI clock, it only sends)

• @JenaMu6 said:
    Oeps.....preordered.

When can we use it?

Release date is 25th september!

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Dchild said:
    @j_liljedahl possible to sync the app via a hardware clock? Or is AUM + link to midi the way to go?

You mean to an external MIDI clock? No, the app syncs only to host sync. Used in a host that provides host sync and supports Link, it means the app will be synced to Link as well. If there's any host that can slave to external MIDI clock and provide this sync to apps via host sync, that would work. (AUM does not slave to MIDI clock, it only sends)

Gestrument is the bomb and I love that it allows program change messages. It would be nice if we had a host that also accepted PC messages to change presets (hint, hint!).

• interesting ... with the beta installed, a pre-order of the app is not possible on iOS 12 , the beta is not treated as a separate app apparently, so the app shows as already installed.

I‘ll pre-order from a different device with iOS 11 I think ...

• @nick said:
    interesting ... with the beta installed, a pre-order of the app is not possible on iOS 12 , the beta is not treated as a separate app apparently, so the app shows as already installed.

you can uninstall the beta, pre-order then load the beta after :-)

• @nick said:
    interesting ... with the beta installed, a pre-order of the app is not possible on iOS 12 , the beta is not treated as a separate app apparently, so the app shows as already installed.

Well, I'm not sure that it's iOS 12. I'm on 11.4 and I got a warning when I pre-ordered that I had already pre-ordered, which I hadn't. That said, the indicator in the App Store says "pre-ordered" so I assume it "went through"? @j_liljedahl and @gestrumentjonas: do we need to delete the beta to pre-order?

• Does Gestrument have multiout, like Different Drummer as an example?

Can the individual sounds be addressed or does it all come out as stereo from Gestrument?

In Aum, Putting a bitcrusher on a Kickdrum output and not have it effect the String sound output as a usage.

• @Xsyst said:
    Does Gestrument have multiout, like Different Drummer as an example?

Can the individual sounds be addressed or does it all come out as stereo from Gestrument?

In Aum, Putting a bitcrusher on a Kickdrum output and not have it effect the String sound output as a usage.

Good question.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@nick said:

Well, I'm not sure that it's iOS 12. I'm on 11.4 and I got a warning when I pre-ordered that I had already pre-ordered, which I hadn't. That said, the indicator in the App Store says "pre-ordered" so I assume it "went through"? @j_liljedahl and @gestrumentjonas: do we need to delete the beta to pre-order?

That sounds really weird, since the app store version is 1.0 and the beta still on 0.9 (same internals, it's just the version number that changed). But go ahead and try! Remember to back up any user presets and scales etc first..

• @Xsyst said:
    Does Gestrument have multiout, like Different Drummer as an example?

Currently it's a stereo mix out only, but you can use MIDI to control external synth apps and tweak their sounds how you wish, of course. Multiple IAA outputs is probably coming in a future update!

• Looking forward to this one...preordered!

• @Jes said:
    Looking forward to this one...preordered!

+1

• Gestrument Pro gets a mention from Gaz Williams on the latest Sonic Talk podcast. Comes right at the end at 56.35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3380&v=5t-9KJi1O4U

• Are there 3 members of the dev team chiming in on this topic?
    I am flabbergasted.

I couldn’t break anything on the beta for this app. Rock solid the whole time. It is a true work of Art.

• @CracklePot said:
    I couldn’t break anything on the beta for this app. Rock solid the whole time. It is a true work of Art.

Dude... so true

• @CracklePot - I'm not sure there are three of us, we might just be very schizofrenic;-)

Nice to hear you find it solid! I'm sure there will be glitches, but actually the first playable version was finished in the spring of 2016, so we have had some time with it!

• edited September 2018

@CracklePot said:
    Are there 3 members of the dev team chiming in on this topic?
    I am flabbergasted.

We have more cursors now!
    No wait, employees! I definitely meant to say employees.

• I am lathering myself with whipped cream right now and drinking champagne from a gold-rimmed chalice as I compose another Gestrument Pro masterpiece.

• edited September 2018

@lukesleepwalker said:

I am lathering myself with whipped cream right now and drinking champagne from a gold-rimmed chalice as I compose another Gestrument Pro masterpiece.

Could have been far worse, I was sure it would have been Gene Tierney doing the lathering....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

I am lathering myself with whipped cream right now and drinking champagne from a gold-rimmed chalice as I compose another Gestrument Pro masterpiece.

Could have been far worse, I was sure it would have been Gene Tierney doing the lathering....

You fight who you wanna fight, and I'll fight who I wanna fight..."

• Can we have the manual before release?

• I pre ordered this, but wasn’t charged yet. Do pre orders only get charged when the app gets officially released ?

• @CracklePot said:
    I pre ordered this, but wasn’t charged yet. Do pre orders only get charged when the app gets officially released ?

If i remind it correctly, yes. When the download is available the charge goes through.