Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gestrument Pro (now released!)

Comments

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Pre-orders are now open!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gestrument-pro/id1105890031?ls=1&mt=8&at=10lJXr&ct=gp

The pre-order sale price is $8.99. The release is scheduled for 25 september, at the full price of $16.99.

After release, we will also make a bundle with the old and new Gestrument so that users who bought the original Gestrument can get the new one at a discount. (The price you paid for old Gestrument is subtracted from the bundle price, so the discount depends on if you bought it at full price or during a sale, etc).

Great been beta it and have the old version so a bundle no brainer.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@universe said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Congrats! the instrument samples are awesome. Really great for standalone and as a sequencer for other apps. This will be a massive hit.

What kind of instrument samples does it have. Do you mean real instruments like orchestral etc ?

It has samples split into different genres as it were. It has electronic, a live band set up (guitar, bass, keys, drums etc..) a selection from a orchestra. It ain't massive and all encompassing but focused and concise. In fact the samples were a pleasant surprise to me because they are very usable in the context of this app. I was just thinking about the midi sequencing ability beforehand.

Thanks. Sounds like a lot of fun

• @[Deleted User] said:

@universe said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    Congrats! the instrument samples are awesome. Really great for standalone and as a sequencer for other apps. This will be a massive hit.

What kind of instrument samples does it have. Do you mean real instruments like orchestral etc ?

It has samples split into different genres as it were. It has electronic, a live band set up (guitar, bass, keys, drums etc..) a selection from a orchestra. It ain't massive and all encompassing but focused and concise. In fact the samples were a pleasant surprise to me because they are very usable in the context of this app. I was just thinking about the midi sequencing ability beforehand.

Agree, especially with the orchestral samples. I find myself using the onboard sounds rather than going out to the myriad of sound source apps I own. The whole thing "just works".

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@universe said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Agree, especially with the orchestral samples. I find myself using the onboard sounds rather than going out to the myriad of sound source apps I own. The whole thing "just works".

Wow that’s a serious endorsement. Do you use it like that in a recording capacity as an IAA or as a live jam

• @universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@universe said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Wow that’s a serious endorsement. Do you use it like that in a recording capacity as an IAA or as a live jam

Both, but mostly as a live jam in the early days because it's so damn fun and mesmerizing. The looping feature just opens up so many possibilities because you get a groove going or an ambient base layer (or 3 or 4) established and then "jam" with the wide variety of types of sounds you have within the app. This is one where it just feels right to concentrate efforts in one place, but admittedly, the approach they've taken here matches the sounds I hear in my head (mix of orchestral, electronic, ambient, etc). For those who create a very specific type of EDM, it may not appeal in the same way (but could still work as a controller).

• Preordered and done. This is the greatest.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@universe said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@universe said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Both, but mostly as a live jam in the early days because it's so damn fun and mesmerizing. The looping feature just opens up so many possibilities because you get a groove going or an ambient base layer (or 3 or 4) established and then "jam" with the wide variety of types of sounds you have within the app. This is one where it just feels right to concentrate efforts in one place, but admittedly, the approach they've taken here matches the sounds I hear in my head (mix of orchestral, electronic, ambient, etc). For those who create a very specific type of EDM, it may not appeal in the same way (but could still work as a controller).

Can’t wait. 👍

• I'm on the beta - haven't had much time to test it what with one thing and another, but it's a different beast to the original. Can't remember what I paid for the original but $8.99 for the pre-order is a bargain.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Pre-orders are now open!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gestrument-pro/id1105890031?ls=1&mt=8&at=10lJXr&ct=gp

The pre-order sale price is $8.99. The release is scheduled for 25 september, at the full price of $16.99.

After release, we will also make a bundle with the old and new Gestrument so that users who bought the original Gestrument can get the new one at a discount. (The price you paid for old Gestrument is subtracted from the bundle price, so the discount depends on if you bought it at full price or during a sale, etc).

Trying to do a pre-order, but the buy/price button appears "whited out" and will not allow me to click and complete the purchase. Does anyone know why this is the case?
    Thanks.

• edited September 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I will have a Pre Release video thingy up a bit later today, irs very very cool and clever

Thanks... looking forward to it.. pre order from your link still pays?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Pre-orders are now open!

Happy, anxious and eager to pre-order BUT as a previous 'owner' should I instead wait to benefit from the previous buyer discount? Bit puzzled.

It looks like the current price of the original Gestrument is $6.99, so the presale would appear to be the better deal. I don’t recall what I paid for the original either, but I feel like it’s been on sale for a discount several times.

I’m all in on the pre-order. I’ve used the original exclusively on several tracks, and the beta was inspiring.

• Here is that
    Pre Release look I mentioned earlier

• edited September 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is that

From About 8:00 into... one can only imagine having IBassist and Future Drummer synced to this thing... just amazing...

Thanks..

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'm on the beta - haven't had much time to test it what with one thing and another, but it's a different beast to the original. Can't remember what I paid for the original but $8.99 for the pre-order is a bargain.

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, from a man who knows upon which side his bread is buttered. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I'm on the beta - haven't had much time to test it what with one thing and another, but it's a different beast to the original. Can't remember what I paid for the original but $8.99 for the pre-order is a bargain.

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, from a man who knows upon which side his bread is buttered. :)

Danke Boss.

I need to revisit the original, but the new one I’m sure is much more user friendly. I had a quick go earlier, triggering a couple of synths with it, and came up with a rather lovely thing. No idea what I’m doing, but it sounded good.

I tend to avoid apps that take the hard work out of making music - I like to suffer for my art - but you can strip it back and just get it to play apps and scales, for example.

If you like the original you’ll be happy with the new one.

• I've preordered, even though it violates my 'nothing but AUv3' rule. I'm in the beta program, and it's a fascinating app.

• Pre-ordered! Looks like fun!

• Oh man this looks like the new king for generative stuff. Drooling at the easy transposition on the fly. Sold!

• edited September 2018

As a beta tester I have to warn people that this intro price is a giant bug, I haven't got to importing audio or midi out yet, the onboard sounds are very easy to get lost in. Can't fault anything else so I trust the developers will fix this problem!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    As a beta tester I have to warn people that this intro price is a giant bug. Can't fault anything else so I trust the developers will fix this problem!

Indeed, a steal at the intro price. Grab it while it's hot!

• I don’t do pre-orders, it’s a ridiculous concept.

I pre-ordered this one.

• As a MIDI controller, what are the differences between this and the original Gestrument?

• I think they have a place when you get half off, or save some money at least. Otherwise, yes, it seems ridiculous

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is that

Thanks for the preview! Just thought I'd mention the reason why your input did not seem to do much in some of the presets is because the instruments were all playing back loops. We might need to be clearer in the descriptions pop ups that many are more showcasing "finished songs/ideas" and that in order to freely play on them you would need to tap the "Clear" button which clears all loops. Also, we should probably make a few more presets that are more instantly playable without a bunch of loops going on. ;)

• @gestrumentjonas said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is that

Thanks for the preview! Just thought I'd mention the reason why your input did not seem to do much in some of the presets is because the instruments were all playing back loops. We might need to be clearer in the descriptions pop ups that many are more showcasing "finished songs/ideas" and that in order to freely play on them you would need to tap the "Clear" button which clears all loops. Also, we should probably make a few more presets that are more instantly playable without a bunch of loops going on. ;)

And more vids
    for we slow kids

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    As a beta tester I have to warn people that this intro price is a giant bug, I haven't got to importing audio or midi out yet, the onboard sounds are very easy to get lost in. Can't fault anything else so I trust the developers will fix this problem!

Maybe we can get a ‘pre-release’ so we can test this bug too..

I guess $8.99 is a bug...

Bought...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gestrumentjonas said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Here is that

And more vids
    for we slow kids

and we even slower kids :)

• @JeffChasteen said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Pre-orders are now open!

Trying to do a pre-order, but the buy/price button appears "whited out" and will not allow me to click and complete the purchase. Does anyone know why this is the case?
    Thanks.

From https://developer.apple.com/app-store/pre-orders/

Pre-orders can be made on devices running iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2, and macOS 10.13.2 or later. Product pages during pre-order are accessible for customers on earlier operating systems through direct links. However, the buy button is disabled and customers are prompted to update to the latest OS version to pre-order apps.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@JeffChasteen said:

@j_liljedahl said:
    Pre-orders are now open!

Thanks.

From https://developer.apple.com/app-store/pre-orders/

Pre-orders can be made on devices running iOS 11.2, tvOS 11.2, and macOS 10.13.2 or later. Product pages during pre-order are accessible for customers on earlier operating systems through direct links. However, the buy button is disabled and customers are prompted to update to the latest OS version to pre-order apps.

Thanks!

• Bad actors on the fake news Audiobus Forum have hyped this so-called app.

Pre-ordered.