Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 12 Garageband Update!!!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• “Import and playback of MIDI files” doesn’t quite sound like what we’ve been hoping for... fingers crossed that they’ve quietly enabled us to use Rozeta properly!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe they included more instruments for full GM compatibility :)
    (Will be downloading it once iOS12 update completes).

• Wait, rozeta doesn’t work with garageband? I though that all au3v apps work with gargeband

• iOS12 downloading here. Big GarageBand update will perhaps be for this winter.

You can still use Rozeta with apeMatrix, look at my video workaround:

• @trrracker said:
    Wait, rozeta doesn’t work with garageband? I though that all au3v apps work with gargeband

You can load Rozeta devices to their own instrument track and record their MIDI output, but you can’t natively attach them to other instruments. The current workaround is to record the MIDI then drag it to a different instrument track. It works, technically, but it’s really cumbersome.

• @jrjulius said:
    “Import and playback of MIDI files”

There's a large army of the elderly that want this. We are frankly outnumbered. But rest assured they will dwindle over time... if we start to see General-MIDI-PLUS-PLUS Files with MPE content we'll see more of the Forum get excited. That could be a "GAME ENTERS OVERTIME" moment... who loves "Tie Games"?

I need to refund the $7 I had this user spend on AEMS to import MIDI. I'll email a gift card for iTunes.

• Has Alchemy been updated the centre presets are now named sure that wasn’t there before mind you it’s been a while since I played it.

• Where and what are these new touch instruments then or are they just loops?

• @jrjulius said:

@trrracker said:
    Wait, rozeta doesn’t work with garageband? I though that all au3v apps work with gargeband

You can load Rozeta devices to their own instrument track and record their MIDI output, but you can’t natively attach them to other instruments. The current workaround is to record the MIDI then drag it to a different instrument track. It works, technically, but it’s really cumbersome.

Look at my workaround, it’s even better as you can hear/monitor how sounds Rozeta: it will feed GB instrument from apeMatrix via midi. Rozeta midi will be recorded directly in GB, no need to move a part you don’t hear. Generative music is nice, but it doesn’t make any sense IMO if you don’t hear what you do.

@Janosax said:
    iOS12 downloading here. Big GarageBand update will perhaps be for this winter.

You can still use Rozeta with apeMatrix, look at my video workaround:

• While the new update to Garageband is nice the person who made the audio-editor in Voice Memos should be sent on a crash course for basic bug-hunting and UI design. The trim function is a hit or miss where the done button is sometimes missing and thus the edits can not be saved, it's a good example of how to NOT do things on an iPad that's all I can say :D

Don't know how far iOS12.1 is but so far most other stuff has been quite fluid.
    Will take time to adjust to some of the new gestures which feel a bit meh on an iPad,
    especially the swipe up to hide all apps and go to 'home screen' feels a bit nuts on the iPad but thankfully the home button still works as expected :)

• @samu where they put the screen record and auto rotate lock now you use to have to just swipe up what do you do now ?

• Ok got it top right swipe.

• edited September 2018

@Jumpercollins said:
    @samu where they put the screen record and auto rotate lock now you use to have to just swipe up what do you do now ?

To access control centre is swipe down from top-right of the screen...
    I guess Apple wants to have unified swipe gestures across iOS devices even if it means bad ergonomics especially on larger devices.

• Is it just me or is AB impossible to use in GarageBand?

• Some missing AUfx are now showing up, I imagine Fab Filter AU should work now

• @Samu the new Measure tool is quite impressive though. Except that the moment it saw my Monet, it crashed 😂

• @samu Or anyone, is there a simple and quick way to bring GB loops into other apps ? I looked in files app thinking all the samples might be kept there but I couldn’t see them. Ideally I’d like to easily move the loops I like from GB into B3 ?

• The only way I know how is to isolate what you want (mute other tracks) and export the song then likely “Copy to” BM3 / Files wherever. Have done this to get content into Auxy worked fine. I’m sure there’s a much sexier way

• :/
    I’m hoping we see the big GarageBand update after the release of the new iPads and not sometime in the Winter. As it stands, this is a pretty weak update. The Smart Keyboard loops are just midi loops you can drag into the timeline and change instrumentation if you want (e.g., an electric piano loop can be turned into an Alchemy synth). However, it seems there’s only probably a dozen loops provided (might be handy if you use midi drum loops by third-parties, though). The Drummer loops (found in the Apple Loops picker) are just another way to select beats to put in your song. You can’t, unfortunately, drag an “Anders” beat onto a “Kyle” track to get that beat played in that drum kit (you can, actually, do this by copying and pasting a Drummer track’s beat to another Drummer track, but I thought Apple might have made the process a little easier).

The import of midi files is a fun addition, though. I tested it out by downloading some fairly terrible midi files from the internet; you just save the file to your Files app (in the GarageBand file transfer folder) and then you can select and drag it from your audio files picker in GarageBand. Thrill to the excitement of hearing a bass guitar track auto-routed to an oboe sound! I would say, though, if you do some composition in Chordbot or other similar arrangement apps that output to midi, this could be very handy. I’ll give it that.

Aside from that, hopefully Apple has a gigantic update in the works for GarageBand that just needs a couple more weeks of coding, because, as I’ve said before, this update is pretty weak. No additional Drummers, no new sounds, no master track editing, no midi-out routing...Although I have read on this forum that the AU RAM useage limit has been lifted with Pro models, which is encouraging.

• GarageBand latest update on iOS12 seems much faster on my iPhone 7 Plus. Animations speed have improved, nice!!

Also, undo/redo bug seems to be semi-fixed. Semi because it’s still there on big project full of AU (perhaps 20 AU FXS). But on other projects, I didn’t experienced it. It has to be confirmed however that things have improved here.

Haven’t test midi import/export yet. They add midi loops, both melodic and rythmic. However, there is no way to filter them in loops browser, which is bad. Some Drummer loops are also available in Drummer menu, some other not. Doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t really see where are new touch instruments: there are only new midi and audio loops, no new instruments features. I can miss something.

In summury: best thing here is truly iOS12 acceleration, undo/redo bug which is perhaps partially fixed (lol), new loops material are cool too. But browser should be improved too.

Could be useful to import/export midi files too, but I haven’t real use for that but some others will be happy with that.

A minor update to me.

@SevenSystems said:
    @Samu the new Measure tool is quite impressive though. Except that the moment it saw my Monet, it crashed 😂

What is new measure tool?

• @SevenSystems said:
    @Samu the new Measure tool is quite impressive though. Except that the moment it saw my Monet, it crashed 😂

That app didn't find it's way on to my Air 2 :D

• @icsleepers said:
    The only way I know how is to isolate what you want (mute other tracks) and export the song then likely “Copy to” BM3 / Files wherever. Have done this to get content into Auxy worked fine. I’m sure there’s a much sexier way

Thanks man. I was afraid that might be the only way but I guess it’s not the end of the world.

• @Samu said:

@SevenSystems said:

That app didn't find it's way on to my Air 2 :D

Yes that and the shares and voice memo instant delete.

• @universe said:

@icsleepers said:
    The only way I know how is to isolate what you want (mute other tracks) and export the song then likely “Copy to” BM3 / Files wherever. Have done this to get content into Auxy worked fine. I’m sure there’s a much sexier way

Thanks man. I was afraid that might be the only way but I guess it’s not the end of the world.

Another way would be to jailbreak the device and locally copy over all the *.caf files.
    If you have access to Logic Pro X or Mainstage all the AppleLoops (apart from the ProductRed Loops that were an iOS GarageBand exclusive IAP long time ago) can be accessed from there too.

To make the usage in BM3 easier they should be converted to *.wav prior to transfer to the iPad.
    (But then again BM3 will not read the transient info from the AppleLoops so...).

The best solution is to 'export' them from Garageband and adjust their pitch&tempo prior to export and dump the exported file straight into a BM3 folder.

• edited September 2018

@universe said:

@icsleepers said:

You can use merge feature and Files apps, much quicker for stems or several loops export. Here is a quote from a post on another GB thread:

@Janosax said:
    About stems, here is the tip: just merge each track individually, much faster than export each one of them. Then use Files to copy GB project in AudioShare: all merged audio files will be available as aiff. You can also use AudioShare to zip the project and use its WiFi sharing to import stems on desktop. You can also uses directly airdrop from Files.

• Yes @Janosax I forgot you posted this! From here for Auxy I’d have to convert to .wav but if BM3 will open aiff I think you off to the races :)

• @Janosax nice one man! Thanks!
    @Samu thank you !