Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.6 and 50% Flash Sale available

2»

Comments

• nice update, fullscreen AU and automation recording makes this much more usable for me. :)

• It’s good to see SpaceCraft working well in Full Screen Mode can’t wait for the next update to this.

• It’s taxing my CPU iPad Pro 9.7 on some of the Roli sounds to be expected I suppose.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    It’s taxing my CPU iPad Pro 9.7 on some of the Roli sounds to be expected I suppose.

The same thing happens in GarageBand if you try to load too many instances of Roli Noise.

• Great update!

Still hoping for ghost parts (clip instances) and part looping someday, those are the main 2 features that are making it easier for me to compose in xequence right now (despite the hassle of not being able to directly host AU).

• @zeroG said:

@milodeezy said:
    Still no mix groups / busses?

Wondered when someone would mention this :D

I agree groups/busses would be nice but it’s still a most excellent update as is

I'm still waiting for more Grid Options and keeping the 'Grid Setting' separate between Arranger and Note Editor (ie. Grid could be set to Bars in arranger and for example 1/16th or 1/8 triplets in Note Editor).

Fullscreen AUv3 support is nice too see though! :)

Other future ideas would be that in addition to the repeat option for the onscreen keys add a basic arpeggiator and make it easier to add custom chords and save the chord sets for later recall.

Scales support would be also nice to see in both the on-screen keyboard and note-editor even though I'm starting to slowly practice scales remembering all those WhhWWhW patterns and finding my favourite keys to play in...

• @Samu said:

@zeroG said:

@milodeezy said:
    Still no mix groups / busses?

Wondered when someone would mention this :D

I agree groups/busses would be nice but it’s still a most excellent update as is

I'm still waiting for more Grid Options and keeping the 'Grid Setting' separate between Arranger and Note Editor (ie. Grid could be set to Bars in arranger and for example 1/16th or 1/8 triplets in Note Editor).

Fullscreen AUv3 support is nice too see though! :)

Other future ideas would be that in addition to the repeat option for the onscreen keys add a basic arpeggiator and make it easier to add custom chords and save the chord sets for later recall.

Scales support would be also nice to see in both the on-screen keyboard and note-editor even though I'm starting to slowly practice scales remembering all those WhhWWhW patterns and finding my favourite keys to play in...

Separate grid settings between arranger and piano roll would be nice!

Does anyone know if the edit velocity while playback not working bug has been sorted in this update? It drives me crazy keep stop starting all the time ha ha

• @Extnctn6 said:
    Does anyone know if the edit velocity while playback not working bug has been sorted in this update? It drives me crazy keep stop starting all the time ha ha

Hi Extnctn6,

Issue will soon be evaluated to check, if we can improve it with the next update.

Best,
    Lars

• The inboard pads in Vatalator
    work great in full screen happy days.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

@Samu said:
    I'm still waiting for more Grid Options and keeping the 'Grid Setting' separate between Arranger and Note Editor >(ie. Grid could be set to Bars in arranger and for example 1/16th or 1/8 triplets in Note Editor).

Did mention earlier afaik (last update?). The Grid topic will soon be evaluated to check, if we're able to improve it within the next update. Best Lars

• @PhilW said:
    The MPE update and full screen AU are most welcome additions, very cool. I agree that the main thing lacking is mix groups, I hope that is on the road map (and sooner rather than later).

Hi PhilW,

Thanks for your message.

Of course, group tracks are on our list and roadmap for quite some time. But the feature will still take some more time...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Extnctn6 said:

Hi Extnctn6,

Issue will soon be evaluated to check, if we can improve it with the next update.

Best,
    Lars

Nice one, thanks @Lars :-) if @Samu idea of having separate grid settings for arranger and piano roll isn’t on the list could you add that one too please. I’ve not heard that one mentioned before today and it’s an excellent idea.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work yo

• @LFS said:

@Samu said:
    I'm still waiting for more Grid Options and keeping the 'Grid Setting' separate between Arranger and Note Editor >(ie. Grid could be set to Bars in arranger and for example 1/16th or 1/8 triplets in Note Editor).

Did mention earlier afaik (last update?). The Grid topic will soon be evaluated to check, if we're able to improve it within the next update. Best Lars

Thanks, I'll try to keep cool!

I'm slowly starting to like the 'adaptive grid' in GarageBand where the grid resolution dynamically increases when zooming in and it's also got the 'smart snap' from LogicPro X which I'm totally digging!
    (Remains to be seen if Apple drops a GarageBand update once iOS12 is out later today).

If it's not already in the longish 'to-do' list consider bringing something like the Cubase Sampler Tracks over to Cubasis. It's IAP material for sure!

Other worthy contenders would to be able to save the 'chord presets' for later recall.
    This is one feature Korg got spot-on in the Electribe Wave app (ie. copy a sequence step to chord slot)

Scales support for the keyboard and note-editor would also be handy to have.

I do understand that it's impossible to please everyone all the time :)

Cubasis will remain in my iPad for long time to come as it's part of my 'App Trinity' which consists of Cubasis, Gadget and BM3 in no priority order.

Cheers, and thanks for the update!

• edited September 2018

With Ruismaker, Rozeta XOX, Troublemaker, Rozeta Bassline, and Sunrizer, I’m getting crackling audio and CPU spikes on my Mini 2. So much for “performance improvements”.

• @Rich303 said:
    With Ruismaker, Rozeta XOX, Troublemaker, Rozeta Bassline, and Sunrizer, I’m getting crackling audio and CPU spikes on my Mini 2. So much for “performance improvements”.

With just Cubasis updated, not also iOS 12?
    Did you check that the buffer settings and such are the same?

• @tja said:

@Rich303 said:

iOS 12 seemed to help improve the performance of my iPad. But nothing noticeable in Cubasis. I checked my buffer settings and nothing helped. So I started a new project with only Sunrizer and I’m still seeing CPU spikes. I’ve experienced some crackles with Sunrizer as a standalone before. So that may be the culprit here. I’ll have to try a few different AUs other than Sunrizer in order to get a better perspective of what’s going on.

• When I have Sunrizer loaded up and no notes are playing, the CPU meter is at a minimum. But when I press play, I get a CPU hit. No notes are played either.

• @LFS

The same mixdown problems still exists!

Regardless of MIDI or Audio, if you mixdown to audio, Cubasis adds a small piece of silent audio.

My latest test: 02:00 seconds to 02:011

That may not sounds as much, but it is wrong - and no other Apps seems to have this problem!

This little problem sums up to big problems when you try to align lots of little audio pieces to create a track!

Can we please get some additional update to fix this?

• Hi Lars, great update from the team again. Have been playing this from my Lightpad Block for a couple of hours and the integration with Noise is great.

Went to buy the Waves bundle as a little thank you and accidentally bought a single item so I had to buy the bundle as well afterwards! :lol: At least it’s going to a team I respect..

• @Extnctn6 said:

@Samu said:

Added this to the feature request entry, topic to be evaluated soon.

Best,
    Lars

• @Rich303 said:

@tja said:

@Rich303 said:

iOS 12 seemed to help improve the performance of my iPad. But nothing noticeable in Cubasis. I checked my buffer settings and nothing helped. So I started a new project with only Sunrizer and I’m still seeing CPU spikes. I’ve experienced some crackles with Sunrizer as a standalone before. So that may be the culprit here. I’ll have to try a few different AUs other than Sunrizer in order to get a better perspective of what’s going on.

Hi Rich303,

Since you experienced crackles using Sunrizer on it own, the issue seems unrelated to Cubasis.

Please make sure to share your findings with our friends at BeepStreet.
    We're available to exchange with them, if required.

Thanks,
    Lars

• @Jocphone said:
    Went to buy the Waves bundle as a little thank you and accidentally bought a single item so I had to buy the bundle as well afterwards! :lol: At least it’s going to a team I respect..

How nice is it to see someone on here being a good sport about throwing a few coins to a developer. I did the exact same thing as a thank you, without the accidentally buying a single item first!

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

@Jocphone said:
    Hi Lars, great update from the team again. Have been playing this from my Lightpad Block for a couple of hours and the integration with Noise is great.

Thank you... :)
    We're happy about your support and that you're satisfied with the update!

Best,
    Lars

• @tja said:
    @LFS

The same mixdown problems still exists!

Regardless of MIDI or Audio, if you mixdown to audio, Cubasis adds a small piece of silent audio.
    Can we please get some additional update to fix this?

Hi tja,

The issue has already been added to the backlog.
    We'll check if a fix will be possible with the next update.

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

Thanks for all your comments about the Cubasis 2.6 update - greatly appreciated!

If you've missed it, please make sure to have a look at our Cubasis 2.6 tutorial featuring the excellent Dom Sigalas, to instantly learn more about the new features and how to use them best...

• @LFS said:

@Extnctn6 said:

@Samu said:

Best,
    Lars

Thanks!

To me this is pure logic as most of the time the 'song blocks/events' in the arranger are moved around in bars while the notes inside the block are usually shorter like 1/8, 1/8t or 1/16 etc. ;)

One 'neat' way to solve this is to add a 'toggle' option to the grid-selector to switch between two preferred settings.

For the arranger this could for example be 'bars' and 'free'.
    When trimming audio-regions 'free' should also temporarily set the 'ruler' to 'time' instead of 'beats & bars'(which is limited to ~1/192 even in 'free' mode) for more accuracy when editing.

The note editor could for example toggle between 1/4 and 1/16 as an example.

Also if applicable for evaluation consider adding an option to set the audio editors left & right marker to that of the currently selected audio event. ie. when I chop a recording into multiple events in the arranger and then choose to edit one of the events the whole file is selected by default instead of the 'portion' of the file that is used by the selected audio event. Meaning If I do 'chopping' in the Arranger I have to re-do the chopping in the audio editor if I want to turn the events into individual audio files.

It's not that things can not be done in Cubasis...
    ...it's just a matter of finding a work-around the current limitations ;)

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

@LFS said:

@Extnctn6 said:

@Samu said:

Best,
    Lars

Thanks!

To me this is pure logic as most of the time the 'song blocks/events' in the arranger are moved around in bars while the notes inside the block are usually shorter like 1/8, 1/8t or 1/16 etc. ;)

One 'neat' way to solve this is to add a 'toggle' option to the grid-selector to switch between two preferred settings.

Or have it 'remember' 2 settings One for when in arranger, and another for when you are in the note editor, but using the same control. You could even have more for when editing automation or audio.
    Have the defaults for each in settings to avoid having to set them up in each project. :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

Have the defaults for each in settings to avoid having to set them up in each project. :)

Bingo!

That is one thing that annoys me about the keyboard (chord settings) and drum pad settings.
    There is no logical way to 'save defaults' for them or recall custom settings.

If there's one thing I do like in GarageBand it's the piano and chord section with easy to play chord inversions and it's super playable too with the 'MPE Pitch Bend'.

That could serve as inspiration how to play 'chords' in Cubasis and well, Cubasis could use proper scale support too for both the onscreen keys and note-editor.

But I'll try to keep cool for a while and enjoy the update :)