Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.6 and 50% Flash Sale available

Comments

• Dear all,

We are proud to announce the immediate availability of Cubasis 2.6, which adds great new features and fixes and improvements throughout the app.

Version 2.6 comes with Audio Unit full-screen support, providing comfortable and precise editing of instruments and effects plug-in parameters. Full support of ROLI’s free NOISE app offers access to the unique Seaboard and Drum Grid visualizers to create inspiring drum and melody parts, directly in Cubasis. Adding MIDI CC support for compatible Audio Unit effects plug-ins presents advanced options to operate compatible AU effects plug-ins. The update is rounded out by several user-requested improvements and fixes, providing highest performance and rock-solid stability.

The 2.6 update is freely available to Cubasis 2 and Cubasis LE 2 users.

And to top it off, we have a 50%-off sales promotion on Cubasis and the Waves Plug-in Bundle, plus other great offers on all remaining in-app purchases. This special offer lasts from September 17 to September 24, 2018.

For details, please head over to the Cubasis website or visit the App Store.

As usual, please do us a favour and show your support by rating Cubasis in the App Store.
    While it takes only a short moment, it helps us big time!

Enjoy making music with Cubasis!

Best,
    Lars

• Cubasis Flash Sale (runs until September 24, 2018)

Cubasis 2 $24.99/27.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)
    Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    Classic Machines IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 1 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 2 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

What's New in Cubasis 2.6

Audio Unit full-screen support
    Tweak sounds and parameters with utmost accuracy, using Cubasis’ super-sized full-screen support for Audio Unit instruments and effects plug-ins. Enjoy maximum productivity, creativity and flexibility, switching between the available screen sizes at lightning speed with only a few taps.

ROLI NOISE Seaboard and Drum Grid visualizer support
    Experience a new approach to making music, using ROLI’s free downloadable NOISE app within Cubasis. Create inspiring drum and melody parts through intuitive gestures, using the unique Seaboard and Drum Grid visualizers, now directly accessible via Cubasis’ Audio Unit full-screen mode.

MIDI CC support for compatible Audio Unit effect plug-ins
    Easily remote control your favorite compatible Audio Unit effect plug-ins via external controllers. No matter if you’re moving effect knobs via MIDI Learn or switching presets via program change — if your Audio Unit effects plug-in supports it, it can be done in Cubasis with great ease.

Ready for iOS 12
    Cubasis 2.6 has been fully tested and proven compatible with iOS 12 by Apple.

*Requires iOS 11 or later

• Maintenance and improvements

CB-4457 MIDI polyphonic aftertouch support for compatible Audio Unit and Inter-App Audio instruments.
    CB-4105 MPE support for compatible Audio Unit and Inter-App Audio instruments.
    CB-4458 Audio Unit MIDI effects can now be triggered in stop mode.
    CB-4471 Improved stability when loading Audio Unit instruments that provide an input UI and for AU MIDI effects.
    CB-4475 Solves a phenomenon, where a playhead cursor display update renders Cubasis unreliable.
    CB-4467 Changing the MIDI input channel while playing notes on an external device no longer results in hanging notes.
    CB-4478 MiniSampler user interface close button is no longer unavailable, when the instrument is opened alongside the drum pads or keyboard.
    CB-4477 Several minor bugfixes and performance improvements.

• Sweet. Thanks @lfs for the continued support

• Brilliant work guys still my go to DAW in iOS great stuff.

• Love the ROLI support! 👍

• OK just watched the video, the Roli integration is amazing - well done, I'm definitely going to dive back into Cubasis for this.

• Oh, full screen. Yeah!!
    It really makes a lot of difference with apps like model 15
    Thanks

• Update in uk store now great.

• Impressive. I might even redownload cubasis and have a go.

Can I ask, is it recording full multi-channel event MPE midi? If so, how is this edited in the pianoroll (it’s not shown in the video). I’d have thought this would be a fairly significant change to the piano roll?

• @lars great update this full screen support opens the DAW right up love the way Roli intergrates. Quick Question I noticed ApeSoft AU Sampler doesn’t show how it should see photo. Maybe a Apesoft problem as it shows in GarageBand but doesn’t play when you hit play but does play in AUM. Thanks again for a great update.

• Cool 👍
    Tornado full screen in Cubasis 👉 Me : HAPPY ! 😀

• Still no update in the Swedish Store...

Will it be possible to use the MPE Keyboard with other AUv3's as well?
    (Ie. can the built-in keyboard 'switch modes' and become an MPE controller as well?).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Impressive. I might even redownload cubasis and have a go.

Can I ask, is it recording full multi-channel event MPE midi? If so, how is this edited in the pianoroll (it’s not shown in the video). I’d have thought this would be a fairly significant change to the piano roll?

It looks like this. All channels are merged.

• Model 15 records MPE from its own keyboard but I can’t find the automation anywhere. Tardigrain does not record to Cubasis from its own keyboard. So don’t know if AUV3’s need to be updated to support this.

• @Mark B said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

That's a total nightmare to 'edit', some kind of Midi Channel 'filtering' is definitely needed :)
    (The velocity editing in Cubasis is still applied to all notes and not the selected notes in the midi event).

• @Samu said:
    Still no update in the Swedish Store...

(Ie. can the built-in keyboard 'switch modes' and become an MPE controller as well?).

Hi Samu,

Please have a look at the Cubasis 2.6 Tutorial at around 7:40 minutes, where Dom uses the Seaboard Block alongside Cubasis, Roli Noise and Moog Model 15...

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@Samu said:

Hi Samu,

Please have a look at the Cubasis 2.6 Tutorial at around 7:40 minutes, where Dom uses the Seaboard Block alongside Cubasis, Roli Noise and Moog Model 15...

Noticed that, was thinking about doing that without using external hardware, ie. switch the 'mode' of the built-in onscreen keyboard like Moog does with Model 15 and Animoog and the Volt Synth from Numerical Audio can also toggle between regular keyboard and MPE keyboard.

Cubasis already has one of the best onscreen keyboards on iOS so MPE support would be icing on the cake :)

• @Samu said:

@LFS said:

@Samu said:

Hi Samu,

Noticed that, was thinking about doing that without using external hardware, ie. switch the 'mode' of the built-in onscreen keyboard like Moog does with Model 15 and Animoog and the Volt Synth from Numerical Audio can also toggle between regular keyboard and MPE keyboard.

Cubasis already has one of the best onscreen keyboards on iOS so MPE support would be icing on the cake :)

+1 would love to see a generic MPE GUI standard keyboard built into the DAW for apps that support MPE not sure if that’s possible.

• I’ll answer my own question :).

Seem pretty solid.

It seems to record and play back per note modulation of cc74 (using different midi channels). And this picture is what it looks like in the piano roll. So no easy way to go in and edit per note afterwards because no way of splitting out.

But it seems to record and play back accurately enough.

Same deal with pitch bend.

I’m not sure about Aftertouch since my iPad Air2 playing on the Noise Au keyboard is not going to record any Aftertouch. However one would hope that if you played from a Roli hardware keyboard or similar it would also record this.

So all in all quite impressive. Although not easy to edit the data afterwards.

I did also get it recording the Roli Noise app macros on a second pass. That was cool.

• @Mark B said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Ah, thanks. Didn’t see your post.

It merges them visually. So editing would be a no no. But it still respects the MPE channel splits when playing back, as far as I can hear.

• Still no mix groups / busses?

• The MPE update and full screen AU are most welcome additions, very cool. I agree that the main thing lacking is mix groups, I hope that is on the road map (and sooner rather than later).

• Thanks @LFS

Love the update :)

• Nice, very nice.

• @milodeezy said:
    Still no mix groups / busses?

Wondered when someone would mention this :D

I agree groups/busses would be nice but it’s still a most excellent update as is

• Full screen AUv3 - thank you!! :)