Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
What stops you from completing tracks/projects?
Another thread by @LinearLineman got me thinking, what exactly are the barriers that prevent iOS music makers from finishing tracks? How to overcome them? I have problems in this dept for sure! So what halts you in your tracks or stops you from even getting out the gate? Or if you have managed to be productive (yay!) what barriers have you faced and how have you overcome them?
Some thoughts from my own experiences;
- lack of time: work and family life take up the lion’s share of my time but that’s ok (family comes first after all), however I do have spare time here and there, but I don’t often enough use it to focus on making music
- distractions: internet (case in point = here I am on the forum when I could be making music!), books, TV (wife always wants us to sit down of an evening together to watch Homelands, GoT or whatever)... and of course too many apps / too much choice absolutely causes paralysis!
- lack of motivation/laziness: I don’t want to admit this but I think it’s true ) worse still I am guilty of making excuses to kid myself e.g. waiting for mr. dev to release that vital update
- fear: intimidated by the tools or scared my end result will be crap
- impatience: tricky workflow or apps misbehaving (instability is a mofo) can be frustrating
- perfectionism: the result is never good enough so it gets redone and redone and ultimately it’s still never good enough - frustration kicks in and project gets abandoned
How about you? Have you managed to get past your barriers or do they regularly suppress your ability to complete material?