Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2 on sale right now, 25usd. Would you recommend me this app if i use garageband and logic?

Well i has an alert in appsliced which told me that cubasis 2 was in 50% offer and i just want fo share with the rest of the forum in case someone was waiting to this sale.
I’m not pretty sure about buy it to be honest. Maybe could be s best invest to spend in audio units that works on garageband, or that sort of things. I usually star working in garageband ios and pass the work to logic in mac. How can i could increase my features if i replace garageband with cubasis before work in logic? Well feel free to share your opinion or give me some tips if you preffer. Goobye and enjoy the offer if you can.

Comments

• I’m a fan of Cubasis, but if you don’t feel limited by what you have then stick to what you know...

• Over at the Steinberg forums there was a mention that they are preparing an update and iOS12 will be out on Monday so the sale just makes sense, they usually do that prior to an update :)

• edited September 2018

If it’s on sale then yes, obviously.

I use Cubasis for mastering tracks. It’s got a pretty good time stretch and pitch shift and the effects bundles are ok.

• I bought it full price and would do it again. (Because I'm drunk) and why the hell not.

• Why get Cubasis when you can jist pipeline GB straight into Logic w no stem or wav import shenanigans?

• @Telstar5 said:
    Why get Cubasis when you can jist pipeline GB straight into Logic w no stem or wav import shenanigans?

With that kind of 'logic' why even use an iPad as it's just an extra step?! :D
    (All iOS GarageBand sounds are already present in Logic Pro X anyway and if touch-instruments are needed the Logic Remote App works very well).

Cubasis is still a work-horse for sequencing and automating AUv3's among other things like using AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins or maybe using some AUv3's that simply do not work in GarageBand such as FabFilter Pro-Q 2.

But we never know, maybe Apple will drop a GarageBand update when iOS12 drops :)

• If you want to save even more money, look in to the Cubasis LE upgrade, for an ‘activated’ Cubasis LE that has seen you connect an appropriate item of hardware from the list of qualifying hardware which will do the job. Once you pay for the upgraded Cubasis LE, it is effectively the same as the straight Cubasis, except for the icon and name.

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    Logic remote requires you to be on the network (- mobility) and...doesn’t display waves/editing window. Also, Logic can’t load BM3 or the rest of your AU/IAA...yet.lol

It's always possible to use the Logic remote using the USB->Lightning Cable, no network required.
    Once the cable is connected IDAM can be used to stream the audio back to the computer with bi-drectional midi making it easy to treat the iPad as a 'sound module' which is what I do when the computer is at hand.

The interesting question here is. Will Logic ever support Ableton Link?

I'm also very interested in what improvements GarageBand will get (I would be happy with AUv3 automation and also being able to edit the recorded automation since touch-instruments can already be automated but not edited).

Also there's a 'bug' regarding MPE data when transferring a project from GB to Logic. The 'pitch-bends' of the sounds recorded in GarageBand are not always correctly converted. This mostly affects alchemy patches where the pitch-bend range of the preset is not correctly set on import and has to be manually adjusted.

I do hope Steinberg will at some point update the Cubasis midi resolution from 48PPQN to something a bit higher and finally give us more flexible grid-options and true non-destrutive Quantise like GarageBand has had for ages...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018

Cubasis is fun to use and worth every penny! It is the most stable DAW, high-quality, intuitive, user-friendly, has a robust and reliable file management and gives peace of mind. Files are intact even if plugins crash or the battery dies in the middle of a Mixdown or Share.

Background Audio Tip

If you wish to keep Background Audio off in Cubasis - it retains the setting intact until you open a project that has a track with IAA and the Background Audio gets turned on automatically without notice and remains on even if we switch projects. Something to keep in mind.

However, Cubasis 2.5 has some optimizations that will not drain battery even if Background Audio is left on - unlike in the previous versions. This is huge and hope other devs implement this feature into their apps as well.

• An update is something to look forward to, Cubasis has been the best value for money DAW I’ve bought on iOS.

• I love Cubasis. It helps me get the job done. I like the simple layout and intuitive editing. I am not into the tech. I want a great tape recorder and mixer and multiple undos. I want ease of sharing and pretty colors! If that is you, go for it. The Micosonic synth is very good, the instruments, just so so. They could offer Inapp purchases for better instruments and be totally golden with a closed environment incorporating decent effects. Lars @LFS is always available for questions. They update regularly and are genuinely interested in giving the user the most for his money. I regret not getting Auria Pro on sale, just for the instruments. Cubasis on sale? A gift!

• Would y’all buy this if you just purchased AEM?

• @Samu.. There are lots of reasons why making music w ios first is practical . #1 , your phone is accessible and #2 , w the upcoming “Marzipan” hopefully we’ll be able to use iOS apps within logic instead of costly desktop apps. Also as far as I know Cubasis does not export Auv3 to Cubase. Only the App itself (I could be wrong about this .
    But in answer to the original query, for one who uses Garageband and Logic, Cubasis might be overkill. So many of us have just too much stuff .

• @0__O__3 said:
    Would y’all buy this if you just purchased AEM?

How do you see yourself using both?

• @Samu : You might be right there too. As I plan to pick up the new MacBook AIR as well as Logic Pro, I’m curious to see how much time I’ll be spending in ios in the future.

• Grab it when it's on sale. It's the most stable, useable, interoperable DAW.

AEMS is a great value at $7 but the developer needs a lot of time to work through the huge number of AU, IAA issues that are unique to IOS (versus Android where he has 100,000+ installs and a ton of IAP sales). He's working with users knocking off bug reports like crazy.

The FX options in Cubasis are also pretty good IAPs for mastering but that's where Auria Pro on sale is also worth nabbing along with SF2, SFZ import into it's disk streaming sampler Lyra. Great Piano options for cheap using default Salamander and the "Piano in 162" SFZ Imported.

I have them all and for no hassle projects I use Cubasis. I sometimes start with a found MIDI file and GarageBand which is excellent doesn't import MIDI so I never touch it as a rule and that's probably a mistake. I could probably use GB for most things because I went past the MIDI import stage of workflow now and I have Logic gathering dust on my Mac.

I have never regretted any of my DAW dollars. They all have benefits for creative outlets. Cubasis is what my collaborators use as well. Just DropBox'ing a whole project makes that easier
    than sharing "stems". So, what friends have and use matters for asking questions as you learn to get work done.

• I think Cubasis is excellent, capable of superb results. Workflow is well conceived; intuitive and user friendly. Also Steinberg know how to pack in super-useful features that harness the power of the idevice without overwhelming it.

Bargain at twice the price, never mind half.

• Cubasis is great, one of the best on iOS and workflow is simple and makes sense mostly. Check if you have any hardware that unlocks the LE and then upgrade with the IAP. I’ve been using the LE for a couple years and it’s fully functional, they always update it at the same time. For $15USD that’s pretty nice as I had the gear anyway.

A couple things I really don’t like about Cubasis.
    Time signature support is awful!! Though not many things are worse than Garageband iOS for this.
    I’ve had occasional problems getting things “in sync”
    It’s not very good for live MIDI recording as the sequencer is an extremely low resolution. If you quantize anyway then this isn’t a problem.

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

@Telstar5 said:
    Why get Cubasis when you can jist pipeline GB straight into Logic w no stem or wav import shenanigans?

With that kind of 'logic' why even use an iPad as it's just an extra step?! :D
    (All iOS GarageBand sounds are already present in Logic Pro X anyway and if touch-instruments are needed the Logic Remote App works very well).

Cubasis is still a work-horse for sequencing and automating AUv3's among other things like using AUv3 Midi Plug-Ins or maybe using some AUv3's that simply do not work in GarageBand such as FabFilter Pro-Q 2.

But we never know, maybe Apple will drop a GarageBand update when iOS12 drops :)

In my situation garageband iOS + itrack dock = mobile studio.
    Garageband/Logic homestudio (even being a mac mini which fits also in the flightcase but to many weight and I’m considering buy a itrack dock for each place I move lol)

Said that Cubase/Cubasis are amazing tools so it’s just matter of workflow/needs.
    I’m not going to buy it since I’m more than served but I was considering it alongside auria over large period of time. Now I’m curious about NS2 but not hyped or worried...

• Thank you all for your comments, i saw so many times that people said “i used one daw for something and another daw to do other functions” so, i wonder what you can pass trough daws, because i don’t think that you call export the project and import in the other one, like export from cubasis to garageband. Sometimes, people say i mix in that daw.... thats means they record tracks in midi or audio format in garageband for example and copy and paste the track to cubasis to edit in that daw because it has more features?
    But what happen when you have the track edited? If you want to pass the edited with effects track to another daw it will loose all edition, right?
    Cubasis support mpe bluetooth devices?

Ps:@mAxjUlien i sent you an inbox asking about roli seaboard block things because i have one too.

• Amazing price

• If you rely on Ableton Link, NO. If you rely on tight sync while looping a song section, NO. If you want a clear roadmap, NO. If you want user requests to be implemented in a timely fashion, NO. If you need your DAW to slave to an external source, NO.

• @trrracker said:
    Thank you all for your comments, i saw so many times that people said “i used one daw for something and another daw to do other functions” so, i wonder what you can pass trough daws, because i don’t think that you call export the project and import in the other one, like export from cubasis to garageband. Sometimes, people say i mix in that daw.... thats means they record tracks in midi or audio format in garageband for example and copy and paste the track to cubasis to edit in that daw because it has more features?
    But what happen when you have the track edited? If you want to pass the edited with effects track to another daw it will loose all edition, right?

For a multi-app workflow you would generally do the composing stage in one app, saw Garageband or Gadget, then do the final mixing in a DAW like Cubasis. This means in the first app you just write musical parts, but you wouldn't add effects like reverb or compression until you bring all the tracks into the DAW for mixing.

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

@dermichl said:
    If you rely on Ableton Link, NO. If you rely on tight sync while looping a song section, NO. If you want a clear roadmap, NO. If you want user requests to be implemented in a timely fashion, NO. If you need your DAW to slave to an external source, NO.

Glad to see you're up and well, with the same complaints year after year...
    Not to offend you, but why didn't you ask Apple for a refund if you're that unsatisfied with the app for so long?

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited September 2018

Hi all,

Here is the information about the current flash sale, more news to follow soon...
    We are very glad to read so much nice comments about Cubasis here!

Happy weekend everyone...
    Lars

Cubasis 2 $24.99/27.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)

Cubasis In-App Purchases
    Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    Classic Machines IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 1 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 2 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Here is the information about the current flash sale, more news to follow soon...
    We are very glad to read so much nice comments about Cubasis here!

Happy weekend everyone...
    Lars

Cubasis 2 $24.99/27.99€ (Reg. $49.99/54.99€)

Cubasis In-App Purchases
    Waves Plug-in Bundle IAP $9.99/10.99€ (Reg. $19.99/21.99€)
    Classic Machines IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 1 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)
    FX Pack 2 IAP $3.99/4.49€ (Reg. $6.99/7.99€)

Nice, I do understand that you can not comment on the status or features of an unreleased update but at least a hint if there will be new IAPs when it drops would be nice so I can go out and get some gift-cards and be ready for them ;) (As a recovering app-o-holic I do try to keep my app spendings at the minimum and with no registered visa-card and limited store-credits I'm starting to be able to keep it all under control).