Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SYNESTHESIA/Electronica At Last!

Hi friends, after months of acoustic wanderings, some mojo synthesis albeit fused with my humble Ravenscroft piano (now with sustain!). Improvised track, embelished with SynthMaster Player, Micrologue and Microsonic presets. First time using the Cubasis synth for the heavy saw. Halfway thru the piano midi and synth midis are jogged an 8th note apart. A surprising result but not unsatisfying. It was an accident but I kept it when I heard it.

Comments

• I like you transition towards using more Synth sounds rather than generating faux orchestra textures. I think it works better for an improvised approach to composing.

I imagine you layed down the piano in an extended session. I liked the use of linear lines with contrasting chordal sections to create variety in the piece overall.

I didn't personally like the saw synth but I'm a sin wave kind of guy which means even harmonics and less edge - more of a flutey texture verses a party horn. This synth sounds like a buzz saw choir. This is a personal issue.

When the more sin-y synth showed up I was overjoyed. I picked up the complete Synth Master and I know it makes some really wonderful smooth sounds along with all the saw's you can wish for. It also had some amazing EPiano style patches which I'd love to see you use but maybe that's a cultural artifact from the 80's you can't bear to use.

I made the effort to hear a sustain pedal but I couldn't find it. I'm guessing if I saw you play a piano that you don't have the habit of using it to blurring notes together. I need to do that to free my hands for a new position but I suspect you can jump around quickly without needing this crutch so you use the pedal sparingly.

I'm curious if you are base the improvisations on a chord progression or just think in terms of a tone center and supporting scale or pattern of scales. How can you align the synth harmonies with the piano... are you just really good at reacting to avoid crashing the harmony?

Your method continues to be beyond my understanding of how to think about making music. I'm still struggling to play over fixed chord progressions (in song forms) and improvise notes that do not break the rules of what notes fit with a given chord. I think what you do is warp speed beyond that approach and beyond my ability to comprehend.

I'm too lazy to tear the music down by creating a transcription and even if I did I'm not sure I'd grok the puzzle it presents. Go figure.

• Thanks @McDtracy for the thoughtful response. It was just an experiment. I was testing to see if the audio and midi were recording on the RC275 and just decided to keep going. It is not as mysterious as you make it sound. I have a vocabulary, just like most jazz players, but it is non mainstream so it sounds like more cosmic booming than it is. I have spent years with chords and know how to splay my fingers in a grasp for meaning. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. That is not to say that sometimes amazing things happen out of the blue and I never really know if that is taking place till I listen back.

Tonight maybe something great will happen, but probably not.
    I will just struggle with that overloaded CPU once again until the really great thing happens... A new iPad!

• I enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing.

I was curious about the title. Perhaps because I have synesthesia: sound>sight and a little sight>sound. :smiley:

• Amazing @multicellular! I knew, of course, what it meant but did not expect to find someone here who experiences it. I have a little, too, but forget which senses get crossed... I guess that's more amnesia than synesthesia.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Amazing @multicellular! I knew, of course, what it meant but did not expect to find someone here who experiences it. I have a little, too, but forget which senses get crossed... I guess that's more amnesia than synesthesia.

Hahha.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I have a little [Synesthesia] too

That explains everything.

You convert visual stimuli into sounds. When I hear your music I re-convert it back into images... mostly pictures of kittens and masked men with chainsaws. Is that anything close to what you start with? That raging Saw Toothed Synth pursuing the mewing kitten synth at the 3 minute mark haunts my dreams.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23. Far from pitch perfect, tho I know it is in there somewhere. I am not really synesthesia... Just a wannabe,