Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scythe for iphone

Not sure if this had been mentioned here but it’s incredible

Also, Volt is universal too and £10 for another day or so

Scythe is the better synth and only £3!!

Scythe for iPhone by Bitmask Studio Ltd.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scythe-for-iphone/id1434310733?mt=8

Comments

• Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know there was an iPhone version, I'll have to check it out :) Cheers!

• Kind of underwhelming- not AU has only about 1/2 a dozen presets and many many iaps

• iphone version is cool. you only get one oscillator but you can do a lot with it.especially if you get the wave shaping in app purchase. it very fun drawing your own wavetable or editing audio you have imported.

• edited September 2018

@mindscaper said:

Is Scythe really the better Synth? Why?
    Volt is an incredible good Synth in my opinion. 😎

I own Scythe for iPad...

• I just read it will be free this weekend. The iPhone edition... still 3,50€ here in EU

• IAPs are a better profit model I guess.

• @gusgranite said:
    IAPs are a better profit model I guess.

Cross device sync with inApps?! Or the buy the stuff you want twice kinda approach

• I'm curious about this synth, how does it compare to other wave table synths like Nave? I guess the ipad version should be compared rather.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I'm curious about this synth, how does it compare to other wave table synths like Nave? I guess the ipad version should be compared rather.

I find it a bit easier to dig around in, so it’s a somewhat nicer user experience for me though it doesn’t sound better. It’s another flavor.

• Oh wow, forgot about the Volt sale!

How good is the Volt randomizer? Is it on par with Kauldron / Synthscaper in terms of useful coolness? Are there any videos out there showing the randomizer in action?

• @ALB said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I'm curious about this synth, how does it compare to other wave table synths like Nave? I guess the ipad version should be compared rather.

I find it a bit easier to dig around in, so it’s a somewhat nicer user experience for me though it doesn’t sound better. It’s another flavor.

thanks man, does look like a quicker process but yes good point about the different favours in sound between the two. mmmm decisions.

• @AudioGus said:
    Oh wow, forgot about the Volt sale!

How good is the Volt randomizer? Is it on par with Kauldron / Synthscaper in terms of useful coolness? Are there any videos out there showing the randomizer in action?

I don't know about videos... but the randomizer has several settings, ie. you can select what parameters you want to randomize. You can either randomize everything at once if you select everything... Or, the way I like to do it is just randomize everything until I get something close... then start only randomizing select parameters after that. This way you get a bit more control over the randomization without having to be a sound engineer. ;)

It's also Universal and works well on the iPhone

I have Scythe on the iPad with all the trimmings... so I likely won't go for the iPhone version too... but it's a pretty cool app as well.

• @skiphunt said:

@AudioGus said:

I don't know about videos... but the randomizer has several settings, ie. you can select what parameters you want to randomize. You can either randomize everything at once if you select everything... Or, the way I like to do it is just randomize everything until I get something close... then start only randomizing select parameters after that. This way you get a bit more control over the randomization without having to be a sound engineer. ;)

It's also Universal and works well on the iPhone

I have Scythe on the iPad with all the trimmings... so I likely won't go for the iPhone version too... but it's a pretty cool app as well.

Nice... alright, may just 'card up' at lunch. :)

• @AudioGus said:

The Volt randomizer is the best on iOS! It’s incredible.

• edited September 2018

@david_2017 said:

@gusgranite said:

Cross device sync with inApps?! Or the buy the stuff you want twice kinda approach

Unless my restore purchases button isn’t working, its a buy the stuff you want twice kinda approach 😔

• @ImortalTrashcan said:

@david_2017 said:

@gusgranite said:

Unless my restore purchases button isn’t working, its a buy the stuff you want twice kinda approach 😔

Thanks mate. Bummer though...

• The sale is on. iPhone version free

• I went ahead and grabbed the iPhone version although I already have the iPad version... since it’s free.

If you’re into the sound, you’ll definitely want to grab the wavetable creator & filter day IAPs. I think those are on sale for $1.99 with this launch.

I may grab them also at that price. If you don’t have the credit for both, I’d at least grab the wavetable creator. It’s pretty cool.

• @[Deleted User] said:

PPG wavetable synths including Infinite and Wavemapper allow you EXTREME and VERY granular control. @pantsofdeath did a great howto/review on Infinite where he shows how you can edit (in many ways a single partial of the table)

All the PPG apps presets sound great.

Nave has a large degree of sound shaping as well, but it offers an approach that focuses on the FX and delivery than PPG does.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/13848/wtf-do-those-knobs-do-i-explain-the-nave-spectrum-knobs

Scythe is different in approach as well. It too offers wavetable editing, but tailored to the in app generation of tables. The author has a great into video showing what it does and its approach.

Sonically PPG is usually brighter sometimes thinner (but the bass patches are booming).

Nave with the knobs formant filter and Arp is very lush.

Scythe in its default presets tends to be less percussive more evolving and textural. You can link all sorts of LFOS to all sorts of parameters. Again those are most of the presets. I'm sure you could get less of a pad or a drone with editing.

• @audiblevideo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

PPG wavetable synths including Infinite and Wavemapper allow you EXTREME and VERY granular control. @pantsofdeath did a great howto/review on Infinite where he shows how you can edit (in many ways a single partial of the table)

All the PPG apps presets sound great.

Nave has a large degree of sound shaping as well, but it offers an approach that focuses on the FX and delivery than PPG does.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/13848/wtf-do-those-knobs-do-i-explain-the-nave-spectrum-knobs

Scythe is different in approach as well. It too offers wavetable editing, but tailored to the in app generation of tables. The author has a great into video showing what it does and its approach.

Sonically PPG is usually brighter sometimes thinner (but the bass patches are booming).

Nave with the knobs formant filter and Arp is very lush.

Scythe in its default presets tends to be less percussive more evolving and textural. You can link all sorts of LFOS to all sorts of parameters. Again those are most of the presets. I'm sure you could get less of a pad or a drone with editing.

Thanks for all the info! It really helps and I will look at the links you posted too.

• @chandroji said:

@mindscaper said:

Is Scythe really the better Synth? Why?
    Volt is an incredible good Synth in my opinion. 😎

I own Scythe for iPad...

For me it’s better cause I own many synths that sound like, do things like, even look like volt

It doesn’t bring anything new really

You can have those sounds on the mood synths and even that poison synth

Scythe is simply different and looks different and besides it’s the only wave table for iPhone apart from ppg minimapper

Wave table synths can do things that the analogue clone synths simply cannot

The closest next best to scythe is space craft and that’s a granular

Combine the two with AUFX space and Italizer and you have soundscape heaven ( or hell )!

• This is on sale for a few $ off, and the IAPs also seem to be on sale (?).