Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox for iOS // MiniMon - A Monster Synth and Pro Features Collection

13»

Comments

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I have no idea if that track is properly mixed or not :D

>

Sounds good to me, Andy.

Cheers dude, perhaps I'm closer to full recovery than I thought LOL ..... Hearing is coming back, and as a result I keep looking over my left shoulder to see whats there...in fact the noise is coming from in front of me....I think my brain has compensated for the loss and needs recalibrating again :D

• @db909 said:

@Purpan said:
    Does anyone have any tips for smooth transitions between sections? I find it works OK maybe three times out of four, but it's very easy to tap a section very slightly early or late and mess the thing up. Is there a launch quantize setting anywhere that I've missed?

No there’s not. This is indeed very annoying. If you’re goin to have these sections, at least put some kind of launch quantization in there

Bing, bing, bing...

• I will be performing with Minimon in my set at NAMM today!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

@Purpan said:
    Does anyone have any tips for smooth transitions between sections? I find it works OK maybe three times out of four, but it's very easy to tap a section very slightly early or late and mess the thing up. Is there a launch quantize setting anywhere that I've missed?

No there’s not. This is indeed very annoying. If you’re goin to have these sections, at least put some kind of launch quantization in there

Bing, bing, bing...

I'll jump on this bandwagon. Seems like such an obvious thing to be able to change sections in a musical way.

• I’d really like it if when you select a section it remembers what which molies were turned on or off. This would make making Song sections way more interesting.

• @AmpifyxNovation is there a way to turn the midi in off? I don't need it, and it's being effected by midi off the wireless network. I can't turn the network off on the ipad because I need it for the ableton link.

Thanks!

• @Ego_Likeness said:
    @AmpifyxNovation is there a way to turn the midi in off? I don't need it, and it's being effected by midi off the wireless network. I can't turn the network off on the ipad because I need it for the ableton link.

Thanks!

If you are not using all 8 tracks, as a workaround you can add an extra track, turn its volume down, and have that track selected(midi goes to the selected track). Hope this helps in the short term.

• edited February 2018

I see no way to create my own Sound Bank or at least save a created patch i like, is that correct ? BTW i see no way at all in any of the Groovebox Apps to create own soundbanks. I just recently bought it so perhaps i have overseen something. I only found a export for Projects but thats not what i was searching for.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    I love this new synth.

It add a more detailed sound for my leads. I am also now using the Launchpad pro to play the Groovebox app and dig that alot.

I actually use Groovebox to compliment my Circuit. I am using the Circuit synths for more percussive rhythmic sounds and GrooveBox with Animoog to accompany it.

I just wish I could save presets on all the Groovebox synths.

GREAT ADDITION TO AN AMAZING APP!

I actually quite like the way that this is like circuit with regards presets....as in you have your presets available, then when you tweak or create your own preset it is saved in the context of the tune you were tweaking it for (on circuit your patch is saved in the session), this initially took some getting used to with circuit, but now I AM used to it, I much prefer it.

It means you have your Base Patches there when you start and you customise from there, with no fear of overwriting a patch being used in another song, which is what you get with more traditional patch memory slots....to get around it you create a copy everytime you want to edit just in case you have already used that patch, and end up with a long list with a mix of used and not used patches...and no real idea of which is which.

Init function or an Init Patch for each synth would suit me more than preset saving in the old traditional sense.

I do however understand why some peeps want preset saving.

Circuit has def helped me be "less attached to what I do" which is good at the moment for my creativity.

• I love the app! Being used to patterns and note placement from the old tracker/MOD file days, it’s like a fish taking to water.
    Is there a way, when creating a new section, to choose from the factory preset patterns, rather than punching the notes in or changing them after duplicating the section?
    I hope that select/copy/paste is on the agenda.

Thanks for doing what you do!

• edited September 2018

Save our own presets.
    Switch thru patterns smoothly/ song arrangement.
    And next level.... Let us add automation and au effects/instruments to each track..
    It would basically be one of the best daws for iOS.

.... Ooh and make that piano roll smaller man !!! Wtf I can't work with that 😂😂

• @WiskyGee said:
    I love the app! Being used to patterns and note placement from the old tracker/MOD file days, it’s like a fish taking to water.
    Is there a way, when creating a new section, to choose from the factory preset patterns, rather than punching the notes in or changing them after duplicating the section?
    I hope that select/copy/paste is on the agenda.

Thanks for doing what you do!

Once you've duplicated, open the piano roll for the instrument you want to change pattern on, then hit the Dice, that will pick from the existing patterns.

• Pro features is actually a joke as long as you cannot save presets and other stuff we are requesting ;)

• @AmpifyxNovation You don't answer any questions.
    What do you want to reach with that behavior?

My personal questions:

You have no proper MIDI In.
    You have no MIDI Out.
    You have no AudioBus.

Are you going to change this?
    When?

I invested lots of money into Groovebox as I expected the above things to come.
    Your App has real potential!
    Just make that possible yourself!

I can work around some lackings by hosting Groovebox in AUM and feeding it MIDI from Sequence, for example. But this is just using it as a Synth, not as a Groovebox itself, delevoping ideas, saving patches, controlling other Synths, and so on.

• If you really hope for an answer then I think you should give feedback to @AmpifyxNovation on Twitter and FB. They are more likely to respond.

• They always tell they love to hear feedback and stuff... but I cannot confirm that

• @gusgranite said:
    If you really hope for an answer then I think you should give feedback to @AmpifyxNovation on Twitter and FB. They are more likely to respond.

This topic was opened by @AmpifyxNovation here in this forum!
    So, they will need to take the extra work to read the answers here!
    Quite simple.

• @tja said:

@gusgranite said:
    If you really hope for an answer then I think you should give feedback to @AmpifyxNovation on Twitter and FB. They are more likely to respond.

This topic was opened by @AmpifyxNovation here in this forum!
    So, they will need to take the extra work to read the answers here!
    Quite simple.

Sure. But if you really really want a response you might need to ask in a more visible platform with hashtags like #novation etc.

• Do we even need this app now that we have two far better grooveboxes in the form of Electribe Wave and Grooverider? Plus who knows what may become of Reason Compact. They better step it up, lots of competition in the groovebox department

• @db909 said:
    Do we even need this app now that we have two far better grooveboxes in the form of Electribe Wave and Grooverider? Plus who knows what may become of Reason Compact. They better step it up, lots of competition in the groovebox department

Is Korg Electribe Wave good? Going to search the forum...

And Grooverider, it's based on Poison 505, right?
    So maybe not as versatile as 4 different Synths, but I may be wrong of course.
    Also, Grooverider does not have a Piano Roll far as I can say, so it's just a different beast, or?

Anyway, I spend over 30 Euro on Groovebox and would even pay more, when it has working MIDI and preset save.

• It's the preset save (conscious lack thereof) which I consider to be the piss-take here...

• edited September 2018

@tja said:

@db909 said:
    Do we even need this app now that we have two far better grooveboxes in the form of Electribe Wave and Grooverider? Plus who knows what may become of Reason Compact. They better step it up, lots of competition in the groovebox department

Also, Grooverider does not have a Piano Roll far as I can say, so it's just a different beast, or?

Anyway, I spend over 30 Euro on Groovebox and would even pay more, when it has working MIDI and preset save.

I don’t have electribe wave, going by what I’ve seen of it. Groove rider has great midi in and out, and sample import. The Groovebox synths are nice, but I feel I get more variety with Grooverider, plus automation recording. I’d say it definitely comes alive more with live jamming type workflows rather than piano rolling or step sequencing(which it has). Also it now has preset saving, which it did not when released. 8 bar patterns and wave table synthesis are coming soon apparently. The only downside really is the limited 4 note polyphony per part with only one length per step. I get by fine with it though

• @db909 said:

@tja said:

@db909 said:

I don’t have electribe wave, going by what I’ve seen of it. Groove rider has great midi in and out, and sample import. The Groovebox synths are nice, but I feel I get more variety with Grooverider, plus automation recording. I’d say it definitely comes alive more with live jamming type workflows rather than piano rolling or step sequencing(which it has). Also it now has preset saving, which it did not when released. 8 bar patterns and wave table synthesis are coming soon apparently. The only downside really is the limited 4 note polyphony per part with only one length per step. I get by fine with it though

Thanks a bunch. Going to consume some YouTube videos about Grooverider.