Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus Discord Server

Hey All!

So first of all, I'm pretty new to the forum so stop me if what I'm doing isn't allowed.

I pretty much regard the Audiobus forums as the Mecca of mobile music production, and as such I think it has so much potential as a way to expand mobile music even more into the general realm of music making.

I'm not sure what the audience here is, but if any of you have / haven't heard of the platform "Discord", it's sort of like a less structured way to build a community (in between messaging and a forum). I searched around for a while before posting this looking for a Discord server for the Audiobus community but I couldn't find anything at all.

Two things--if making other related communities for this forum isn't allowed then please close the post. However, I think it would be super beneficial for the community to have a discord server as so many other music communities I'm in have a discord server and it really does wonders as far as quick casual communication between music lovers. Especially with the broader mindset of expanding mobile music, a discord server would help to do just that.

If there's a discord server already then can someone please link me to it? Otherwise, I went ahead and created one below:

https://discord.gg/RCrewMB

Oh and I really want to stress that I'm not in any way trying to compete with the forum--it will and always will be the center of mobile music. This is just a neat solution that I think can cater to some of the users here as well as meet other communities like I mentioned above.

(Sidenote, I don't know how many of you have heard of the "Auxy" app developed by AuxyCo. It's another mobile DAW. It has a discord server and has been able to meet up with tons of other producers and share stories with label owners through discord. So it really does have potential!)

Comments

• link says, invite invalid

• Expiration: Your invite link may have expired. In this case, please contact the server owner and ask them for a new invite.

We are locked out.... maybe that's OK because of Disc(h)ord sounds a bit anti-harmonius. It sounds like you can make a new one or maybe any of us can and try another link. Hmm...

I joined and created an IOSrUS "Server" set to "never expire".

https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

It looks like this "server" allows realtime chat and even a "talk" feature.

• It's a chat capability with the option to download a desktop app that would allow a conference call audio extension. Not sure if this will catch on. Too soon to tell. Maybe the OP will show up.

• reasOne showed up and I was elsewhere.

• Do we need realtime chat?

• I'll leave a tab open and look into it periodically.
    Please leave a message if you join. I'm going to post a question?

• I asked 'What is your "go to" App when starting an IOS project?'

• blakkaz joined.

• AudioGus too.

• This will never die so join and ask "Who's there?"

https://discord.gg/FdeBqmf

• Im already on a few discord servers, will check this out.

• edited September 2018

Personally I think it's a bad idea: this is how communities get fragmented, you get offshoots creating Skype Groups, Slack Groups, Discord, Facebook groups etc... And before you know it everything is no longer in one place but spread out over four or five.

I have to keep up with a couple of Slack groups for work, and I bloody hate it. Another set of notifications to bug me, another thing I have to check, along with forums, Twitter, etc... I honestly don't understand how people can spread themselves over so many platforms.

IMO it just makes more sense to keep it all in one place. Interested in iOS music? Come to the AB forums to get all the info/hype/news you need. Why spread it out to other platforms?

Discord is the latest such thing to get hyped, before that it was Slack everyone was going on about, and before that it was Skype.

• @richardyot said:
    Personally I think it's a bad idea: this is how communities get fragmented, you get offshoots creating Skype Groups, Slack Groups, Discord, Facebook groups etc... And before you know it everything is no longer in one place but spread out over four or five.

I'll have to agree here!

Personally I have no will nor desire to divide my attention across multiple multiple communities, forums, chat-rooms etc. where the same core topics are discussed.

From experience real time chat rooms (IRC etc) do often lead to less than well thought out replies due the nature of real-time communication and they are real time hogs and if/when notifications on each new message are enabled they will drive stress-levels thru the roof.

It's kinda saddening seeing for example Youtubers using the 'cult mentality / mindset' with paid chat-rooms forums etc. and personally will never fall for that kind of crap. It's just 'elitist behaviour'.

Too bad we're already seeing that happening with Discord, Patreon etc. etc.

Maybe I'm old- school but then so be it!
    Information should be free and not locked behind pay-walls or 'for paying members only' BS.

• edited September 2018

@richardyot said:

I have to keep up with a couple of Slack groups for work, and I bloody hate it. Another set of notifications to bug me, another thing I have to check, along with forums, Twitter, etc... I honestly don't understand how people can spread themselves over so many platforms.

IMO it just makes more sense to keep it all in one place. Interested in iOS music? Come to the AB forums to get all the info/hype/news you need. Why spread it out to other platforms?

Discord is the latest such thing to get hyped, before that it was Slack everyone was going on about, and before that it was Skype.

sadly, i have to agree too. on various VR app projects and other work stuff Slack & Skype conference calls etc have all proved counter productive. a skype conference between Shanghai, Berlin and UK personel can take an hour or more to get up and running and achieve absolutely nothing! and as for the Slack thing... eeesh!
    Good old fashioned email with everyone copied in is more productive or one to one skypes with tech peeps maybe..
    .. and this forum, well I’m here for the ios music/sound info and that isn’t always easy to find with new and quite irrelevant threads popping up hourly.. not against that.. but it now means i have to scroll through 3 or more pages to check if anything actually useful is occuring, being discussed or a vaguely unfashionable thread has a new post.
    won’t be expanding that thrill to any discord back alley.. you smokers head on out there into the chill wind and vape yrselves into oblivion :)
    I’ll be at my desk when you return
    ( oh and a banana muffin & a machiato for me if the espresso cart wheels by while yr out there chaps/chapesses.)

• Is this needed?

Is it needed now?

This seems not relevant to my music making interests on this community.

• Agree that fra

• on is a BAD thing

• @AndyPlankton said:
    on is a BAD thing

:

• @RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    on is a BAD thing

:

)

• @RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    on is a BAD thing

:

)

:) Hey fella, how was the 808 thing ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    on is a BAD thing

:

)

didn’t go in the end.. but saw Graham at the Conny Plank documentary screening recently,, he said it was a lot of Dad’s with kids.. oh! and he got paid in gear rather than money.. doesn’t sound like a bad thing.. did do the Tech Car Boot sale the next weekend... which was a typical Manc wash-out.. though the PMT staff were very attentive handing out bacon and sausage barms to the soaked and miserable stall holders! :)
    didn’t sell a thing....

• @RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    on is a BAD thing

:

)

didn’t go in the end.. but saw Graham at the Conny Plank documentary screening recently,, he said it was a lot of Dad’s with kids.. oh! and he got paid in gear rather than money.. doesn’t sound like a bad thing.. did do the Tech Car Boot sale the next weekend... which was a typical Manc wash-out.. though the PMT staff were very attentive handing out bacon and sausage barms to the soaked and miserable stall holders! :)
    didn’t sell a thing....

Oh well....Bacon and sausage barms don't sound too bad tho :)