Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

sonogrid « rCreativ »

Comments

• Yes, undo/redo would be cracking to deal with the happy (and sad) accidents of randomisation.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    Yes, undo/redo would be cracking to deal with the happy (and sad) accidents of randomisation.

+1

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    all I wanted was to get my drum samples inside it and a Pepsi

Just point it at your favorite sample importer. Cause you know as soon as he adds sample import you're gonna say

all I wanted was panning and a Pepsi

:lol: :trollface:

😂

• edited September 2018

Yep - must have undo / redo.
    If you delete a track, all the lower ones change pitch and move up - can't go back - melodic idea destroyed :o

An app like this may need a few levels of undo instead of one?

• Needs a global transpose - that would take it to the next level melodically :)

• Hi everyone, I keep forgetting there is a review process for betas so I just submitted the update straight and it was approved today. I'd appreciate it if those of you who had crashes could let me know if it's still happening.

• @rosano said:
    Hi everyone, I keep forgetting there is a review process for betas so I just submitted the update straight and it was approved today. I'd appreciate it if those of you who had crashes could let me know if it's still happening.

Wait... you're doing software/app updates from the road, backpacking in South America (Colombia)?

Rad :)

Now get off the computer and go find yourself an awesome ayahuasca ceremony. lol ;)

• Update in fixes the crashes I was having on my iPad Pro when changing internal sounds on the fly. Time to play. Looking forward to seeing this app evolve it’s a great idea for a Sequencer style app.

• @rosano Nicely done! Would be great to have this as a MIDI AU, to be able to open it in Cubasis for example, and control Cubasis with it.

• @Mayo said:
    Needs a global transpose - that would take it to the next level melodically :)

Super-easy workaround... Use MIDI, send through Bram's Scaler in Roz.

• I throw in a vote for the ability to set midi velocity per-step in the sequencer.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I throw in a vote for the ability to set midi velocity per-step in the sequencer.

Or maybe three states for each cell: off, half velocity and full velocity. If we could set those values per project it would work like accents on drum machines. Or just preset to 0, 100 and 127?

• @gsm909 said:
    Only Standalone atm, no IAA or AU

It’s got midi out. Old School. What more do one need?

• @rosano Suggestion here: Like Yamaha’s Tenori, different patterns, except allow for quantization when switching to a new pattern (if I recall, something the Tenori didn’t have).

• @[Deleted User] said:

@rosano said:
    Hi everyone! I made it here finally. Okay:

• Video: https://rosano.ca/sonogrid
    • Sample import: I wanted to make a separate app that does both sample management and audio synthesis (sonogrid would be for rhythm, and for instruments/sound the other one), but I might do a basic sampler later on.
    • Link/Audiobus/IAA/AU/Export audio/fancy stuff: I want to do all of it, but the app is written with MusicSequence so I will have to write my own sequencer first, and I'm probably not as experienced with audio development as most of you, so give me some time 😋
    • Crashing on instrument change: It's not a particular instrument but some mysterious thing with AudioUnits. I believe this happens because technically you're not supposed to set kAUSamplerProperty_LoadInstrument while there are notes being played, but even if I am not playing it still crashes, sometimes, randomly - there are days when I can change the instruments willy nilly while playing back something with tons of notes and the app doesn't flinch and there are days when starting the app and changing the instrument crashes every time without even starting playback - I imagine this is also something that will be resolved once I move away from Apple's APIs and write my own sequencer (maybe with AudioKit or ?).
    • Parenting with sonogrid: this why we're here - start them early.
    • Much love to all of you for finding the app (how??) and trying it out and sharing your feedback 🙌🏽

Rosano

thank you for making such a cool app, i really like it!

Bought it, and won’t return it.
    Amusingly good UI.

• @syrupcore said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:
    I throw in a vote for the ability to set midi velocity per-step in the sequencer.

Or maybe three states for each cell: off, half velocity and full velocity. If we could set those values per project it would work like accents on drum machines. Or just preset to 0, 100 and 127?

That would be cool indeed.

Haven't found a way to eliminate the 'accent' on beat 1. I'm probably dumb...

• edited September 2018

¡Hola! Version 1.1 now available with Audiobus state saving and changing of the scale root 😘

• Whoaa! Sonogrid is working in IAA - pure awesome to be able to finally capture the magic - thank you @rosano !!

• @rosano said:
    ¡Hola! Version 1.1 now available with Audiobus state saving and changing of the scale root 😘

Boom!

• @rosano

Thank you, this actually makes you an awesome person. Congrats

• Does this have audiobus midi out support?

• @Carnbot I need to re-write the audio engine for that (not possible with MusicSequence) so coming in a future release.

• @rosano said:
    @Carnbot I need to re-write the audio engine for that (not possible with MusicSequence) so coming in a future release.

Thanks! :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Does this have audiobus midi out support?

I can add this to AB Midi input using MF Adapter. Haven’t sent midi from AB to this, if that is what you meant, but AB has Virtual Midi out or you could use MF Adapter for that too I would think.

• @CracklePot said:

@Carnbot said:
    Does this have audiobus midi out support?

I can add this to AB Midi input using MF Adapter. Haven’t sent midi from AB to this, if that is what you meant, but AB has Virtual Midi out or you could use MF Adapter for that too I would think.

Oh yeah that's true, forgot about AB virtual midi feature, that's really useful. :)

• No tempo sync with AB3. Doesnt respond to AB3 transport controls

• @gsm909 said:
    No tempo sync with AB3. Doesnt respond to AB3 transport controls

I think Link would solve both of those issues.

• Yeah it’s fun but needs sync, so have to wait for Link support. Although would think AB3 support might include sync, not sure how that works these days, IAA sync would be fine here too.

• I would personnaly find it more useable if pitch could be changed right from the main screen.

I would add an icon on evey lane to scroll pitch right from the main page.
    Midi note input of active lane would be nice also.

A bpm divider and multiplier would also be a nice addition.