Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

1234579

Comments

  • edited September 2018

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    @CrazySynthMan said:
    I've been following Apple and using their stuff for many decades.

    I always chuckle when I see people complaining about Apple's prices on the internet, because it's always been this way, going back decades. Apple is very smart in the way they price their products imo.

    Apple has many "budget" products right now, including the entry level iPad which doesn't cost a lot. I'd say that entry into the Apple eco-system has never been cheaper than these past few years.

    Aside from the MacBook Pro, which has increased from £1500 to £2500, putting it outside of most people’s budgets.

    MacBook Pro is currently listed as $1299 which is about 996 pounds.
    https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro

    @CrazySynthMan said:

    @MonzoPro said:

    Aside from the MacBook Pro, which has increased from £1500 to £2500, putting it outside of most people’s budgets.

    It may be expensive where you are located due to various factors, but I just looked at the Apple website and the cheapest MacBook Pro here in the US through the Apple Store is $1299.00.

    That’s the 13” model, I have the 15”, the cheapest of those in the UK is nearly £2500, when it used to be about £1475.

    I'm an IT professional and I'm happy with my 6-year old MacBook Pro 13" running macOS Sierra. I'll never spend $2400 on a 15" MacBook Pro as I find 13" meets all of my needs. Plus, it is very mobile compared to 15".

    1475 for a 15" when there was no Retina display, Touch Bar, Touch ID, SSD (SSD is very, very, very expensive!), 16 GB RAM and a whole gamut of other updated specs to meet today's technology needs:

    https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/15-inch

    Well now you’re just being silly. You can’t compare the tech found in laptops today with a purchase made 6 years ago.

    And no SSD is not ‘very, very, very expensive’. As a tech professional I’d expect you to know prices have fallen dramatically. I recently added an external 500gb SSD to boost the speed of my MBP for £100.

    The components and tech you’ve listed are cheaper now, so there’s no justification for a £1000 price hike.

    AND EVEN IF THERE WAS.....my point, is it’s still £1000 more expensive. Regardless of how much better it is, I’m unable to replace my 15” with a similarly priced alternative.

    @chandroji said:

    @Cib said:
    Mmhhh yeah....iPhone XS max start at €1249....maybe about €1600-1700 for the 512GB.
    :o :o :o

    Compared to an iPad Pro 12.9 V2 the iPad is quite cheap, isn’t it? 😎

    You are actually making my POINT!! :smiley:

    Why would anyone need an iPhone Xs unless they are doing some pro-grade photos, videos, etc? That's not meant for everyone to use for making calls and texting and whatsapp and snapchat. It's just a phone and not much can be done on it anyway. iPhone Xs maybe if you are a blogger or vlogger. Not everyone needs an iPad Pro. Why would anyone need a 15" MacBook Pro (unless you are editing 8K video) when a 13" can do all the same wonders flawlessly - including 4K video editing? Will any of your apps stop working if you replace your 15" with 13" or your iPad Pro with iPad? They are not expensive for people who are buying them and for the many years they last. We get what we pay for and we should buy what we can afford. And there are Windows laptops for much cheaper. There are always affordable options available. I can buy an iPhone Xs or MacBook Pro 15" but I have no use for them and don't miss any of their features because my priorities are straight :smile: If I find an item unaffordable or need to think more than once about it's price, I won't even consider buying it and won't miss it. I know some people who order 2 iPhone Xs with the maximum storage on the very 1st day in the middle of the night when it becomes available - every single year - because they can. And I saw a comment today on YT saying Apple is a "Technology Drug Dealer" selling us drugs (!) and building their wealth!! Not everyone is the same.

    You are saying the current upgraded MacBook Pro 15" is not worth 1000 bucks hike from what it's price used to be a decade ago. Why would the price remain the same after 10 years of upgrades? That's your view only - not others' view. But people who are buying them are not complaining and think the price is justified for the quality and features and the number of years they last with peace of mind, no viruses, etc. Otherwise, no would buy Apple products, Apple would go bankrupt overnight and would not become the 1st Trillion-dollar company. That's the point.

    The point you’re so desperate to avoid.

    I bought my 15” MBP just over 5 years ago (not a decade) for £1475. I can’t remember if it was the cheapest, but whatever, it was a 15” MACBOOK PRO.

    To replace my 15” MACBOOK PRO, with the base model 15” MACBOOK PRO now, will cost me an extra £1000.

    Whether you decide I don’t need one of those now, or that I can happily use a 13” instead is irrelevant.

    I can no longer buy a 15” MACBOOK PRO, because they have priced me out of their market.

    Do you work for the Apple shop or something? You seem desperate to defend their ridiculous, exclusive pricing on these products.

    You are mistaken and missing the point again!

    You are shooting for the sky. Not everyone thinks they are expensive or "ridiculous" and made Apple into a Trillion dollar company. So who is right? You want us to agree with you?

    No, I don't work for Apple nor own any of their stocks. I cannot afford to buy their stocks :neutral:

    I can say the same thing about you in other words - "Are you an Android troll?" Is this a silly troll argument? Because these kind of arguments happen on forums all the time with absolutely no outcome in the end.

  • @Max23 said:

    and all of this doesnt make much sense dolby HDR on such a small display - yeah nobody needs this, but we can do it, so lets do it :|

    Why not? I have HDR on my iPad Pro, it would make sense that their top phone would also have it.

  • @MobileMusic said:

    No, I don't work for Apple nor own any of their stocks. I cannot afford to buy their stocks :neutral:

    I don't work for Apple, but I do own a few AAPL stocks. Not many, but a few. :)

  • edited September 2018

    @CrazySynthMan said:

    @Max23 said:

    and all of this doesnt make much sense dolby HDR on such a small display - yeah nobody needs this, but we can do it, so lets do it :|

    Why not? I have HDR on my iPad Pro, it would make sense that their top phone would also have it.

    would you like to watch the latest blockbuster on your phone? :s
    (I was at the cinema last night)
    do you need to watch 4k video on youtube while on the go? :|

  • @u0421793 said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @u0421793 said:

    @MobileMusic said:
    … and even the nation's 2nd largest eye-care plan EyeMed …

    What on earth are you talking about? The nation doesn’t have such a thing as an eye-care plan at all, and there’s no such thing as EyeMed. Are you just making stuff up?

    http://portal.eyemedvisioncare.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica
    https://www.google.com/search?q=luxottica+acquires+eyemed

    You see, that first link isn’t even in the nation – it’s in some foreign country!

    It’s quaint how some Americans see the world:

    • the world is divided into America and the rest;
    • Let’s just assume everyone on here is American.
  • @MobileMusic said:

    "Are you an Android troll?"

    ok, I see presenting you with facts is a complete waste of my time, and you're now resorting to personal abuse so I'll duck out of this, and avoid you in future posts.

  • @Max23 said:

    would you like to watch the latest blockbuster on your phone? :s
    (I was at the cinema last night)
    do you need to watch 4k video on youtube while on the go? :|

    I wouldn't if I had the choice. Even the largest phones available are too small for me to be watching any movies on, since I have a bunch of larger devices and displays/tvs to watch movies on.

    But what if that was the only thing with me and I was taking a flight for example? Then the best movie watching device is whatever you happen to have with you and why wouldn't somebody want to have the best display possible?

    There are people who might only have a phone as their main device or their only device.

  • edited September 2018

    @CrazySynthMan said:

    @Max23 said:

    would you like to watch the latest blockbuster on your phone? :s
    (I was at the cinema last night)
    do you need to watch 4k video on youtube while on the go? :|

    I wouldn't if I had the choice. Even the largest phones available are too small for me to be watching any movies on, since I have a bunch of larger devices and displays/tvs to watch movies on.

    But what if that was the only thing with me and I was taking a flight for example? Then the best movie watching device is whatever you happen to have with you and why wouldn't somebody want to have the best display possible?

    There are people who might only have a phone as their main device or their only device.

    Im pretty sure if you can can spend that amount of cash on a phone, you have more cash for other devices that fit the purpose better.
    I dont know, iPhone became such a weird - show of your status - device. meh.
    apple changed so much over the last 20 years.
    once it was think different, now its think rich :#

  • edited September 2018

    @Max23 said:

    Im pretty sure if you can can spend that amount of cash on a phone, you have more cash for other devices that fit the purpose better.
    I dont know, iPhone became such a weird - show of your status - device. meh.
    apple changed so much over the last 20 years.
    once it was think different, now its think rich :#

    The Apple of 20 years ago wasn't exactly made for poor people either. :D

    I honestly don't see much difference in their pricing now and 20 years ago. I would actually argue that their pricing now follows a very similar strategy to what they had back then, and in the way that they price their different products and the different models available (good, better, best).

    As for the iPhone becoming a status symbol, maybe for some shallow people, but that would be their problem if somebody seeks status from a phone.

    I obviously must not care too much about status, since I'm perfectly content rocking my super cheap iPhone SE, and I couldn't be happier with that phone. I'll probably keep that for a good while longer before I get a new phone.

  • edited September 2018


    I dont know, I think quo vadis apple?
    up next more lifestyle stuff (like watch, phone, the absurd keyboard ...) glasses, car - meh.

  • Guys, I fail to understand the sense of entitlement people are expressing. The Germans, in their 1930s wisdom made the Volkswagen, a car for the people.... They also made the Porsche, for a few people. Can anyone here seriously complain they cannot afford a Porsche, the price must come down for them?

    If the iPhone were some lifesaving medical procedure... Maybe...maybe their could be a case for righteous indignation, but for a discriminatory purchase? Come on. The iPhone is the Mercedes of phones, and like Mercdes you can buy entry level or buy used for half the price. Where is the rancor justified here?
    What law says everyone should be able to afford a luxury item?

    Add to this INFLATION, and as was said R&D... I mean, nano pieces in the chips, a trillion calculations ( is that true?) could any of us come up with such innovative crap? But we use it, create with it and get a hell of a lot of pleasure out of it that our forbears of 60,000,000 years could never acquire for all the cowrie shells on the island. The Chinese have a computer, last I heard, that can do four quadrillion calculations in a second... Damn, if it weren't so expensive I could have that! Those blasted, greedy Chinese!

    If you are under eighteen I can allow for a certain amount of naivety and misguided all for one ideas. But if you are a mature adult ranting about tremendously successful technological innovations and their expense perhaps you can remember the introduction of the color tv.... Very expensive and not everyone could get one.... But Lordy, now everyone has one. All these new expensive features will be available in time, just as power windows and mirrors are in the humblest vehicles. But then there will be new stuff... Earl Grey, hot, perhaps. Will you still bitch with your $200 ( inflation adjusted to $100) iPhone X clone in your hand?

    I have come to expect maturity in most areas on this forum, but whenever cost is discussed the mewling begins. And over what? The French Revolution was fomented in part by the rising cost of bread. People need to eat. But dining on nanochips? Let them eat Samsung! I make satisfying music on an ipad4. I will probably buy a used Pro2. Thank you Apple for making it possible. But there is a gorgeous Arabian stallion for sale... Those bastards, how dare they ask for that price when horse meat is $4 a pound!

  • @LinearLineman said:
    If the iPhone were some lifesaving medical procedure... Maybe...maybe their could be a case for righteous indignation, but for a discriminatory purchase?

    That's the Apple Watch Series 4. ;)

  • edited September 2018

    @LinearLineman said:
    Guys, I fail to understand the sense of entitlement people are expressing. The Germans, in their 1930s wisdom made the Volkswagen, a car for the people.... They also made the Porsche, for a few people. Can anyone here seriously complain they cannot afford a Porsche, the price must come down for them?

    If the iPhone were some lifesaving medical procedure... Maybe...maybe their could be a case for righteous indignation, but for a discriminatory purchase? Come on. The iPhone is the Mercedes of phones, and like Mercdes you can buy entry level or buy used for half the price. Where is the rancor justified here?
    What law says everyone should be able to afford a luxury item?

    Add to this INFLATION, and as was said R&D... I mean, nano pieces in the chips, a trillion calculations ( is that true?) could any of us come up with such innovative crap? But we use it, create with it and get a hell of a lot of pleasure out of it that our forbears of 60,000,000 years could never acquire for all the cowrie shells on the island. The Chinese have a computer, last I heard, that can do four quadrillion calculations in a second... Damn, if it weren't so expensive I could have that! Those blasted, greedy Chinese!

    If you are under eighteen I can allow for a certain amount of naivety and misguided all for one ideas. But if you are a mature adult ranting about tremendously successful technological innovations and their expense perhaps you can remember the introduction of the color tv.... Very expensive and not everyone could get one.... But Lordy, now everyone has one. All these new expensive features will be available in time, just as power windows and mirrors are in the humblest vehicles. But then there will be new stuff... Earl Grey, hot, perhaps. Will you still bitch with your $200 ( inflation adjusted to $100) iPhone X clone in your hand?

    I have come to expect maturity in most areas on this forum, but whenever cost is discussed the mewling begins. And over what? The French Revolution was fomented in part by the rising cost of bread. People need to eat. But dining on nanochips? Let them eat Samsung! I make satisfying music on an ipad4. I will probably buy a used Pro2. Thank you Apple for making it possible. But there is a gorgeous Arabian stallion for sale... Those bastards, how dare they ask for that price when horse meat is $4 a pound!

    "technological innovations"
    what does the iPhone Xs do that the iPhone 4 didnt? yawn ;)

  • Thank you @Max23! Just get an iPhone4, guys. Problem solved!

  • @PhilW, perhaps you are not familiar with our venerable @u0421793. I believe that his xenophobic remarkwas ironic, sarcastic, facetious and humorous all in one. But you do have a point. I know @MobileMusic is in India, so his reference to Eyemed was completely understandable. Not sure if it exists in the US, though. Probably.

    @MonzoPro, I certainly respect your right to your opinion about this subject.. Not sure why @MobileMusic got ruffled, but you are a veteran here, you know how much good stuff he contributes in a fair minded way. A shame to have a rift between two really good guys. Sorry to butt in. Peacemaking bullshit.

  • Since when did the ridiculous 1:1 exchange rate between dollars and pounds rear its ugly head again and just be accepted? Apple is like mid-90s Nintendo!

  • @Michael_R_Grant said:
    Since when did the ridiculous 1:1 exchange rate between dollars and pounds rear its ugly head again and just be accepted? Apple is like mid-90s Nintendo!

    and @IK_Multimedia >:)

  • People don’t want to believe they’re being taken for a ride. It’s human nature. Heck, it’s why I have been in the ecosystem for so long, nothing out there compares to iOS and macOS, and Apple knows it. There was a time where I’d defend them as well. We want to believe that a company we like has the same interests we do. But Apple have continued to prove that only their shareholders matter, and mostly justifiably so? Sucks but it is what it is.

    The draw of the ecosystem has reached a point of diminishing returns for me. I do not want to pay for dongles or headphones that I don’t think are good quality. When I’m sketching out tunes I want to strap on my beyerdynamics and go. If Apple don’t want me to do that then I’ll do it with something else. Fortunately I will have plenty of time to make that transition, whether or not they keep the headphone jack.

  • @LinearLineman said:

    @MonzoPro, I certainly respect your right to your opinion about this subject.. Not sure why @MobileMusic got ruffled, but you are a veteran here, you know how much good stuff he contributes in a fair minded way. A shame to have a rift between two really good guys. Sorry to butt in. Peacemaking bullshit.

    He seemed unable to accept £1475 to £2500 is a price increase, said I should be happy with a smaller laptop for the same price, then called me a troll for disagreeing with him.

    I wish him all the best, but really, I’ve got better things to do than converse with people who think a personal insult is the best way to get their point across.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Guys, I fail to understand the sense of entitlement people are expressing. The Germans, in their 1930s wisdom made the Volkswagen, a car for the people.... They also made the Porsche, for a few people. Can anyone here seriously complain they cannot afford a Porsche, the price must come down for them?

    If the iPhone were some lifesaving medical procedure... Maybe...maybe their could be a case for righteous indignation, but for a discriminatory purchase? Come on. The iPhone is the Mercedes of phones, and like Mercdes you can buy entry level or buy used for half the price. Where is the rancor justified here?
    What law says everyone should be able to afford a luxury item?

    Add to this INFLATION, and as was said R&D... I mean, nano pieces in the chips, a trillion calculations ( is that true?) could any of us come up with such innovative crap? But we use it, create with it and get a hell of a lot of pleasure out of it that our forbears of 60,000,000 years could never acquire for all the cowrie shells on the island. The Chinese have a computer, last I heard, that can do four quadrillion calculations in a second... Damn, if it weren't so expensive I could have that! Those blasted, greedy Chinese!

    If you are under eighteen I can allow for a certain amount of naivety and misguided all for one ideas. But if you are a mature adult ranting about tremendously successful technological innovations and their expense perhaps you can remember the introduction of the color tv.... Very expensive and not everyone could get one.... But Lordy, now everyone has one. All these new expensive features will be available in time, just as power windows and mirrors are in the humblest vehicles. But then there will be new stuff... Earl Grey, hot, perhaps. Will you still bitch with your $200 ( inflation adjusted to $100) iPhone X clone in your hand?

    I have come to expect maturity in most areas on this forum, but whenever cost is discussed the mewling begins. And over what? The French Revolution was fomented in part by the rising cost of bread. People need to eat. But dining on nanochips? Let them eat Samsung! I make satisfying music on an ipad4. I will probably buy a used Pro2. Thank you Apple for making it possible. But there is a gorgeous Arabian stallion for sale... Those bastards, how dare they ask for that price when horse meat is $4 a pound!

    I don't agree philosophically (or maybe socio-politically?) with all of this, but it is well written and I am a tart for a turn of phrase and when I'm feeling a little Marie-Antoinette-like (as regards the complaining buggers) I am going to shout Horsemeat! from now on as I shuffle off towards the guillotine....

  • edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • For music making the iPhone XR has an a12 chip and is cheaper than the XS

  • These new phone prices do not suprise me at all.

    Twenty years ago (dot com boom) just about everyone I knew (even average non tech folk) were spending $1-2000 on these big beige clunky disgusting desktop towers and monitors. What was there to do? Play Quake, type a resume, order airline tickets, go on a forum... uh, play quake again, oh Age of Empires, uh email... shit Napster wasn’t even a thing yet.

    Anyway, now the opiates of facechat, twitbook and Youtube etc exist. People have delusions they can make a living just by showing their boring filthy little lives or at least get laid just by showing their asses (that part is probably true). These phones go way beyond those tragic desktops of old and are in a way budget sexy status symbols, effective as such even for the lowly commuter, much much cheaper than a Lambo and far more addictive for the lonely and depressed (ie. average person) to use, so hell yah they are going to make a bundle with these insane prices for insane people.

  • edited September 2018

    @CrazySynthMan said:

    @Max23 said:

    would you like to watch the latest blockbuster on your phone? :s
    (I was at the cinema last night)
    do you need to watch 4k video on youtube while on the go? :|

    I wouldn't if I had the choice. Even the largest phones available are too small for me to be watching any movies on, since I have a bunch of larger devices and displays/tvs to watch movies on.

    But what if that was the only thing with me and I was taking a flight for example? Then the best movie watching device is whatever you happen to have with you and why wouldn't somebody want to have the best display possible?

    There are people who might only have a phone as their main device or their only device.

    Yah a phone and a smart TV satisfies a huge amount of people

  • Actually the prices doesn't matter. I won't buy a new Xs for me its way too much to justify for a smartphone (64GB is a ridiculous option). But... you know it already... this f**** phone will sell like warm bread. I don't know where all those people have that money from, but fact is: apple can do what they want. It doesn't matter.

    I go with @AudioGus (who btw, seems to be as old as I am... fellow Quake3 player? ;)) its all for the shareholders and apple gives a fuck for me. In fact hey couldnt care less.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear , thank you for the writing compliment. I try to put my ideas across as forcefully and as entertainingly as I can for the fun of it. If people want to complain about prices, really, it's fine by me. It is their pain (or pleasure) after all. And that's why we come here, no? For fun and a little harmless drama.

    I will cry my kingdom for some horsemeat, as well, Monsieur Goodyear. Where were you when I needed you on my meaningless rumor thread?

  • edited September 2018

    Oh the best part in the Keynote was for me, the wonderful Reese Bass with legato they used in the first bars when introducing the Xr with the Trailer... that was really good (starting 1:26:36) :smiley:

    Just watched it again, def. the best of the keynote this year

  • @david_2017 said:
    Actually the prices doesn't matter. I won't buy a new Xs for me its way too much to justify for a smartphone (64GB is a ridiculous option). But... you know it already... this f**** phone will sell like warm bread. I don't know where all those people have that money from, but fact is: apple can do what they want. It doesn't matter.

    I go with @AudioGus (who btw, seems to be as old as I am... fellow Quake3 player? ;)) its all for the shareholders and apple gives a fuck for me. In fact hey couldnt care less.

    Actually paying for a phone when I can just sign my name and get a free one over two years baffles me.

    I was all about Quake 1, came for free with my video card. :)

  • I prefer to invest in a good ipad for production and have a shit phone just in case I need to make some calls. I guess I will keep my SE a couple more years. Hope there will be a keynote in october and the new ipad 12.9 will not be 2000$.

  • What's the best part of an Apple Announcement?

    Hands on with the new products at Apple Headquarters.

Sign In or Register to comment.