Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

Comments

• @Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

Mmhhh yeah....iPhone XS max start at €1249....maybe about €1600-1700 for the 512GB.
    :o :o :o

Apple website is up... ouch, $1,499 in US

For the Xs 512 Gb it’s $1,999 Canadian....🙀😫😢😨😱😡

• @Arpseechord said:

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

Mmhhh yeah....iPhone XS max start at €1249....maybe about €1600-1700 for the 512GB.

at today's exchange rates, thats a better deal for you than for me. (we have to add state tax to the US $1,499)

• edited September 2018

Always nice to see Apple presenting something as new and evolutionary while somebody already made an app that does the same thing. I'm talking about setting the aperture after the photo is take, The app is called Focos. There goes your income.

• Now i see it....maxed out iPhone for €1649. Lololol.

• edited September 2018

@Hmtx said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

at today's exchange rates, thats a better deal for you than for me. (we have to add state tax to the US $1,499)

We have to add hst which is 13%💀☠️
    $2259 Canadian in total what the...

• Good news is I may get a 6S for free now from my carrier, whoot!

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

@Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:
    The new iPhones finally have stereo recording.

How so? The screen capture audio? Or it now has a stereo mic or stereo mic support? 'splain Lucy...

4 microphones to record stereo sound is what I read.

That's a nice surprise for 'field-recording' too :)
    The iPhone XR is the one I'll be looking at when it drops next month...

If you want the phone with the best audio quality for recording. Buy a Lumia 950 or 950XL they are very cheap nowadays and are superirior to everything what is on the market today. Know quite a lot of people that just bought them for recording gigs. Has also 4 mics. Maybe the new iPhone is doing a better job only you pay 20 times as much :)

• @Arpseechord said:

@Hmtx said:

oh dang, you win :bawling:

• @Hmtx said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Hmtx said:

oh dang, you win :bawling:

Ya it’s when losing is winning😳

• edited September 2018

@mannix said:

@Samu said:

@Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

How so? The screen capture audio? Or it now has a stereo mic or stereo mic support? 'splain Lucy...

If you want the phone with the best audio quality for recording. Buy a Lumia 950 or 950XL they are very cheap and are superirior to everything what is on the market today. Know quite a lot of people that just bought them for recording gigs. Has also 4 mics. Maybe the new iPhone is doing a better job only you pay 20 times as much :)

What’s with it’s video,. any good?

• seriously...
    used 128GB iPhone SE $200
    decent DSLR $900
    lense that can do real bokeh $400
    = $1,500
    Done, now I don't need the new iPhone XsR Maxmylife TM

• edited September 2018

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

Apple website is up... ouch, $1,499 in US for 512gb Xs Max

If your company has Employee Purchase Plan with Apple, you can buy iPhone Xs 512 GB for $1349. Starts at $999 for 64 GB, $1149 for 256 GB

• @MobileMusic said:

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

If your company has Employee Purchase Plan with Apple, you can buy iPhone Xs 512 GB for $1349. Starts at $999 for 64 GB, $1149 for 256 GB

iPhone Xs
    64 GB $999
    256 GB $1149
    512 GB $1349

iPhones Xs Max
    64 GB $1099
    256 GB $1249
    512 GB $1449

iPhone XR
    64 GB $749
    256 GB $799
    512 GB $899

iPhone 8
    64 GB $599
    iPhone 256 GB $749

iPhone 8 Plus
    64 GB $699
    256 GB $849

iPhone 7
    32 GB $449
    128 GB $549

iPhone 7 Plus
    32 GB $569
    128 GB $669

Inquire with your company about employee purchase plan if they happen to offer that perk...

HTH

• @MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Hmtx said:

@Cib said:

iPhone Xs
    64 GB $999
    256 GB $1149
    512 GB $1349

iPhones Xs Max
    64 GB $1099
    256 GB $1249
    512 GB $1449

iPhone XR
    64 GB $749
    256 GB $799
    512 GB $899

iPhone 8
    64 GB $599
    iPhone 256 GB $749

iPhone 8 Plus
    64 GB $699
    256 GB $849

iPhone 7
    32 GB $449
    128 GB $549

iPhone 7 Plus
    32 GB $569
    128 GB $669

Inquire with your company about employee purchase plan if they happen to offer that perk...

HTH

Let me know if anyone needs EPP prices for iWatch

• .....that it is bloody over

• @Samu said:

@bert said:
    Will the 7 and 8 models getting cheaper?

Most likely as the prices on the iPhone 8 have already dropped in many stores.

The 64GB iPhone 8 was the one I was looking at but since I also use my iPhone as a 'Field Recorder' the new iPhone XR with stereo recording got my attention as well as the improved camera...

For field recording there are alternatives, for example those Zoom omes. Those might be a better solution?

• @bert said:

@Samu said:

@bert said:

The 64GB iPhone 8 was the one I was looking at but since I also use my iPhone as a 'Field Recorder' the new iPhone XR with stereo recording got my attention as well as the improved camera...

For field recording there are alternatives, for example those Zoom omes. Those might be a better solution?

I bet they are. Got a Zoom iQ7, great quality and very portable.

• @bert said:

@Samu said:

@bert said:

My sound engineer mate has one of these, swears by em:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-Portable-Recorder-Black-Card/dp/B005CQ2ZY6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535100078&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=zoom+h2n&dpPl=1&dpID=51mAWGMcDgL&ref=plSrch

• edited September 2018

@rs2000 said:

@bert said:

@Samu said:

@bert said:

I bet they are. Got a Zoom iQ7, great quality and very portable.

Pro recording tools are better solutions (an iPhone could do that too but it would kill the device sooner) :smile: a recording does not die or degrade.
    I have a Zoom H6 and it is like a Swiss Army Knife.

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    Well, caught Tim Cook live. Counted one "awesome" and one "magical. He does not disappoint! Just phones and watches.
    I guess I can start up a new rumor thread!

@Nobert, I respectfully disagree. The prices for their products are determined by what the market will bear. If a person cannot afford the new X phone, he or she can buy a lesser device, or an Android, or used. I cannot afford a $1200 phone, but again I have no use for it. People complain about $20 apps. Get free apps. It has always been the same baked beans, you buy what you can afford. The tech is great at all levels. There is no entitlement here. Capitalism has not been suspended last I heard.

I have suspended & dismantled capitalism in a circumference of 100 meters around my house :)

• @Kühl said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Well, caught Tim Cook live. Counted one "awesome" and one "magical. He does not disappoint! Just phones and watches.

@Nobert, I respectfully disagree. The prices for their products are determined by what the market will bear. If a person cannot afford the new X phone, he or she can buy a lesser device, or an Android, or used. I cannot afford a $1200 phone, but again I have no use for it. People complain about $20 apps. Get free apps. It has always been the same baked beans, you buy what you can afford. The tech is great at all levels. There is no entitlement here. Capitalism has not been suspended last I heard.

I have suspended & dismantled capitalism in a circumference of 100 meters around my house :)

Well, that's good for Norwegians where every citizen is an oil baron!💵💷💶💴💰❤️

• So, anybody thinking that Apple isn't going to drop the headphone jack from iPads got a real nice clue in today's "event".

I will go ahead and buy myself a 12.9" Pro, kit it out, and wave goodbye to the Apple ecosystem. That should last me a few years and let me make a few records with it, and if I'm still making music in 3 or 4 years I'll probably just go back to Windows, get a Surface or something and be done with it.

Every Mac board I read is on fire with anger from this, but Apple is not interested in its customers at all.

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:

+100%

As an analogy, why do eyeglasses, sunglasses and frames cost so much more than an iPad?? The market is dominated by just ONE manufacturer (Luxotica) who acquired brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley and major retail chains (LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearl Vision, Target Optical, etc) and even the nation's 2nd largest eye-care plan EyeMed and thereby has a CHOKE-HOLD on other competitors. They discontinued Oakley from their stores on pricing, drove their stock price down and finally ACQUIRED Oakley! Ray-Ban's that used to cost $29 at gas stations/petrol pumps/pharmacies - they acquired it, took it out of the market and re-introduced it at $150. If you manufacture eyeglasses, you want to be in Luxotica's stores and if you are a retailer, you want to sell their Ray-Bans - that means they can set the prices as high as they want. It's a BRILLIANT monopoly strategy - own the market - manufacturing, stores, insurance and control it. Apparently, everything Italian is expensive! Shoes, clothes, bags, belts, eyewear...

Don't miss to watch this interview with Luxotica who states, "the prices for their products are determined by what the market will bear":

As "first to the market" (AppStore), Apple has an advantage over competitors. In all commonsense, Windows should have had the iDevice and AppStore's success for its reach and penetration but Apple did - even though Microsoft had tablets (that were a fiasco) years before iPhone/iPad was launched. What was Apple's penetration at the time iPhone/AppStore were launched? They had just a minority niche MacBook (but still no touch-screen MacBooks!) and most sales were from iPods (which was their successful product after a few decades). Developers adopted iOS, made it a huge/viral success with high-quality and optimized apps. Some devs refuse to make apps for Windows and Android stating they cannot make any money on those platforms. Once a business has sufficient user-base, they could just rinse-n-repeat and whatever they do becomes virally successful. Apple Watch is an example that dethroned Rolex from their decades of track record and top position. A business needs a huge user-base, mailing list and an engaging newsletter in conjunction with cool products to succeed.

iPhone Introduction Keynote 2007 by Steve Jobs - This is considered a stellar master-piece of presentation showing great marketing talents/skills by Steve Jobs on iPhone - the device that changed the entire industry, the world over!

Every Apple product fan MUST watch this:

• @alteredmoods said:
    So, anybody thinking that Apple isn't going to drop the headphone jack from iPads got a real nice clue in today's "event".

I will go ahead and buy myself a 12.9" Pro, kit it out, and wave goodbye to the Apple ecosystem. That should last me a few years and let me make a few records with it, and if I'm still making music in 3 or 4 years I'll probably just go back to Windows, get a Surface or something and be done with it.

Every Mac board I read is on fire with anger from this, but Apple is not interested in its customers at all.

Those new iPhones may be a little bit expensive but be fair, the new model 2018 iPad isn't. So, it makes no sense to complain about everything Apple does, doesn't it?

• @MobileMusic said:
    … and even the nation's 2nd largest eye-care plan EyeMed …

What on earth are you talking about? The nation doesn’t have such a thing as an eye-care plan at all, and there’s no such thing as EyeMed. Are you just making stuff up?

• edited September 2018

@u0421793 said:

@MobileMusic said:

What on earth are you talking about? The nation doesn’t have such a thing as an eye-care plan at all, and there’s no such thing as EyeMed. Are you just making stuff up?

http://portal.eyemedvisioncare.com
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica
    https://www.google.com/search?q=luxottica+acquires+eyemed
    https://www.businessinsider.com/this-startup-wants-to-destroy-a-20-billion-company-that-rips-off-its-customers-2012-12

• @MobileMusic said:

@u0421793 said:

@MobileMusic said:

You see, that first link isn’t even in the nation – it’s in some foreign country!

• @RajahP said:

@mannix said:

@Samu said:

@Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

If you want the phone with the best audio quality for recording. Buy a Lumia 950 or 950XL they are very cheap and are superirior to everything what is on the market today. Know quite a lot of people that just bought them for recording gigs. Has also 4 mics. Maybe the new iPhone is doing a better job only you pay 20 times as much :)

What’s with it’s video,. any good?

Reasonable but not top notch. But as sound sound quality is superb and a total different league than everything Android has to offer and all older Apple models, the just presented XS model I do not know.

• @u0421793 said:

@MobileMusic said:

@u0421793 said:

@MobileMusic said:

You see, that first link isn’t even in the nation – it’s in some foreign country!

Is this another trap? If you scroll down on their site page, it shows Location Ohio in the footer