Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

Comments

• The best part is when they tell us these devices will be smarter than us
    On a aesthetic note I’d prefer much more bokeh while watching these events

• The new iPhones finally have stereo recording.

• edited September 2018

@Mark B said:
    The new iPhones finally have stereo recording.

yep, that is a big plus!

• @Mark B said:

How so? The screen capture audio? Or it now has a stereo mic or stereo mic support? 'splain Lucy...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

Thanks but Id like to sample from YouTube/Web streams etc from phone to iPad, which I don’t think could work like this :(

I use BeatTime to 'sample' Youtube and Ström to sample web-radio streams :)

• @AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

How so? The screen capture audio? Or it now has a stereo mic or stereo mic support? 'splain Lucy...

4 microphones to record stereo sound is what I read.

• Still 3D touch!

• @Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

That's a nice surprise for 'field-recording' too :)
    The iPhone XR is the one I'll be looking at when it drops next month...

• Well, caught Tim Cook live. Counted one "awesome" and one "magical. He does not disappoint! Just phones and watches.
    I guess I can start up a new rumor thread!

@Nobert, I respectfully disagree. The prices for their products are determined by what the market will bear. If a person cannot afford the new X phone, he or she can buy a lesser device, or an Android, or used. I cannot afford a $1200 phone, but again I have no use for it. People complain about $20 apps. Get free apps. It has always been the same baked beans, you buy what you can afford. The tech is great at all levels. There is no entitlement here. Capitalism has not been suspended last I heard.

• OK, since I don't really care about any of the content, lets talk about the audio quality of the live stream. It was really good, maybe even getting my vote for "the best part of the keynote".

Can you imagine the team working on the audio? They've got mics, videos, live feeds from the AR game demo, it really is impressive. bravo

• @Samu said:

@Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

Since it has the same chip (but not sure if it has the same configuration/specs) it might be the most powerful for music apps. Sadly no talk about RAM.

• @Cib said:

Since it has the same chip (but not sure if it has the same configuration/specs) it might be the most powerful for music apps. Sadly no talk about RAM.

RAM usage should be a bit lower on the XR since it will use the 2x assets instead of the 3x assets due to lower screen resolution :) (I suspect 3GB Ram on the XR and 4GB on the Xs models).

With my degrading eye-sight the XR will be enough for me anyway but the price-points are just 'crazy' :)

• @Mark B said:

@AudioGus said:

@Mark B said:

Crom...

• @Samu said:

@Cib said:

RAM usage should be a bit lower on the XR since it will use the 2x assets instead of the 3x assets due to lower screen resolution :) (I suspect 3GB Ram on the XR and 4GB on the Xs models).

With my degrading eye-sight the XR will be enough for me anyway but the price-points are just 'crazy' :)

Prices are nuts, I will be stuck with second hand gear for many years to come.

• @Arpseechord said:
    The best part is when they tell us these devices will be smarter than us

Bokeh? Special facial moisturizer?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

Yikes! Oh man Johnny :D

• @Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

I'm pretty sure that link was 'intentional' :D

• @[Deleted User] said:

If this 'trend' continues the maxed out 13" iPad Pro will be well over $2000 when released...

• edited September 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@Samu said:

@Cib said:

Mmhhh yeah....iPhone XS max start at €1249....maybe about €1600-1700 for the 512GB.
    :o :o :o

• The bokeh looks fake though :p

• @Samu said:

@Arpseechord said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Arpseechord said:

I'm pretty sure that link was 'intentional' :D

Ya that’s what scares me🤣

• @Carnbot said:
    The bokeh looks fake though :p

But there were plenty of real dicks there though🤪

• Just skimmed but looks like Lego won.

• Will the 7 and 8 models getting cheaper?

• edited September 2018

@Cib said:

Mmhhh yeah....iPhone XS max start at €1249....maybe about €1600-1700 for the 512GB.
    :o :o :o

Apple website is up... ouch, $1,499 in US for 512gb Xs Max

• @[Deleted User] said:

I suspect 3GB Ram on the XR and 4GB on the Xs models

This site confirms your suspicion:

https://firstpost.com/tech/news-analysis/apple-iphone-xs-xs-max-xr-specifications-leaked-online-before-official-unveil-5169641.html

$799 - 3GB RAM w LCD Display
    $999, $1099 - 4GB RAM OLED w OLED

I was hoping for an iWatch Drum Machine App like "Patterning 3XR" with "Beat On/Beat Off" functionality using the accelerometer. Oh well. Maybe next year. Who wants to see Tom Cook demo a "Beat Off" session live from the "Steve Jobs Theater" on Live on the Internet (subscription only).

The iWatch EKG printout PDF's emailed to your heart Doctor will come in handy sometime in the next 20 years assuming we will still have Heart Doctors and not Life Subscriptions with "CodeBlue.com".

• @bert said:
    Will the 7 and 8 models getting cheaper?

Most likely as the prices on the iPhone 8 have already dropped in many stores.

The 64GB iPhone 8 was the one I was looking at but since I also use my iPhone as a 'Field Recorder' the new iPhone XR with stereo recording got my attention as well as the improved camera...

• @Samu said:

@[Deleted User] said:

If this 'trend' continues the maxed out 13" iPad Pro will be well over $2000 when released...

My 15” MacBook Pro was about £1400
    when I bought it new. Cheapest model is now £2350.