Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beathawks IAP are on Sale again

I have been waiting for this, gonna grab the acoustic grand this time :)

Comments

• Glad I bought Cuban pack a day ago...

F me

• I hope that I already have what I ever may need:

The others are not of so much interest for me.
    And for electric Pianos, I already have Neo Soul Keys Studio, which should handle this.

For electronic stuff, I think I would prefer Synths instead.

• @White said:
    I have been waiting for this, gonna grab the acoustic grand this time :)

Me too. And the Mello pack as well. :)

• Thanks for the heads-up! I’m sure there is something I still “need” in BH!

• It would be cool if they decided to engage their libraries and expanded on them. They have great sounds but the quantity is low. With there massive desktop library and synths it would be cool if they just upgraded their libraries.

• I was thinking it might be nice to buy a "Jazz Trio" w/ Piano(s), Bass and Acoustic Drums. So, I looked for an acoustic bass and came up empty. Is there an stand up bass sample for BeatHawk?

I bought BeatHawk but haven't really used it much.

I was also told that the Choirs and Brass are good. I have the Tutti Orchestra already.

Not much need for Loops in my work but I should really re-think that. I think I have this mental view that Looping is a form of compositional cheating but why should I care? No one other than a few forum members will ever hear my projects.

Are any of the Loop-based BeatHawk inspiring: mostly world, ethnic and acoustic interest. Not so much EDM or Hip-hop for me.

• @McDtracy said:
    I was thinking it might be nice to buy a "Jazz Trio" w/ Piano(s), Bass and Acoustic Drums. So, I looked for an acoustic bass and came up empty. Is there an stand up bass sample for BeatHawk?

I bought BeatHawk but haven't really used it much.

I was also told that the Choirs and Brass are good. I have the Tutti Orchestra already.

Not much need for Loops in my work but I should really re-think that. I think I have this mental view that Looping is a form of compositional cheating but why should I care? No one other than a few forum members will ever hear my projects.

Are any of the Loop-based BeatHawk inspiring: mostly world, ethnic and acoustic interest. Not so much EDM or Hip-hop for me.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but the Motown Acoustic Bass in the Urban Factory set works well enough in a Jazz sense

• There is a double bass instrument and bass loops in the Balkans pack> @McDtracy

• @Tickletiger said:
    There is a double bass instrument and bass loops in the Balkans pack> @McDtracy

O yes just found that one :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Motown Acoustic Bass in the Urban Factory set works well enough in a Jazz sense

Bingo. We have a winner.

Acoustic Grand Sale $6
    Electric Piano $4
    Urban Factory Drums (on the house)
    Urban Factory Motown Acoustic Bass (on the house)

a $20 value 50% off...

• If your goal is a jazz trio and you play a stringed instrument (such as guitar or bass), iFretless Bass, in my opinion, is the way to go for the bass. When played via its touch interface (more so than with a keyboard controller), you can get lovely nuanced bass lines that feel like they are played on a bass. Just my opinion, though.

• @McDtracy said:

I had the same mindset re: loops , thinking it was just too easy and unoriginal, until I decided to experiment with it one day and found that they serve as an excellent placeholder / jumping off point to get the creative juices flowing -especially useful when I'm having a bit of writer's block.

I'll just use them as music to improvise along to, usually ending up with something that sounds entirely different than the loop(s) I started with by the time I'm done.

I've also been experimenting with using loops in sound design lately, chopping them up, warping/mangling beyond recognition, coming up with some very interesting results. It definitely doesn't have to be the "color by numbers" lazy approach to music -- lots of potential to be had if you put in the effort.

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    I decided to experiment with [loops] one day and found they serve as an excellent placeholder / jumping off point to get the creative juices flowing -especially useful when I'm having a bit of writer's block.
    I've also been experimenting with using loops... chopping them up, warping/mangling beyond recognition

Good advice.

• Does any of the packs contain a decent sounding acoustic guitar for strumming/rhythm ? (I’m not interested in loops)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    I’ve heard about UVIs sound quality a lot around here. How easy is it to turn sound packs into BM3 bank presets? Similar to exporting iMaschine packs or is there a less painful way loading it as AU?

While I do love some of the sounds of BeatHawk, it can be problematic while using as an AU in multiple instances. Keep in mind my experiences are on an Air2, so your milage May vary.

A few things I’ve found of BeatHawk in BM3:

1. Sometimes when reloading a project in BM3, BH will revert from single sounds (if selected) back to the full pads.
    2. On an Air2, more than one instance of BH can seem to push the processor too much if you have much else going on in a project.
    3. Stability doesn’t seem great with more than one instance - crashes often.

I’ve not tried sampling BH to BM3 as yet, so no idea if this is easy or not.

I’ve recently used BH in Auria Pro and it seems to run better in that as a single instance, but again two just kills my Air2.

Do keep in mind your experiences may differ :)

• edited September 2018

@McDtracy , agree 100% with @espiegel123. IFretless bass... The bundle is $30, I think and you get good brass, guitar and sax ( which has great clarinets).

@White , the Baroque pack has a nylon guitar that, I believe, @MusicMan4Christ raved about. Maybe he will give his opinion.
    IFretless guitar must be worth looking into as well, tho I have not used it yet,

@mAxjUlien , did you get iSymphonic yet? Any other choices or opinions in your acoustic search?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can someone who has the mallets IAP compare how the glockenspiel sounds compared to the one in GarageBand. I'm interested in whether the 'release' sounds authentic. Truth be known I own a glockenspiel but I prefer to stay virtual.

• Not sure when it started - not sure how long it'll last - BUT - there is a SALE on now.