Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

Comments

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:
    Logic! Native Instruments! Ableton! Probably none of that!

Oops! I forgot to include the rumoured Logic and Final Cut on iOS in the list :neutral:

All the discussion about subscription model would be moot if Logic makes into iOS, right? Because Apple would never offer it on subscription basis. On desktop, Logic is the cheapest and one of the best loaded DAW for the price. On iOS, they offer GB for free. If anything, they would offer Logic for $20-$50 on iOS an no subscription.

Final Cut on iOS would be a huge relief for all things video!

Logic isn’t cheapest desktop daw ;) Reaper, Bandlab cakewalk.... both great Daws and basically free.

But through Mac App Store, you should get lifetime of free updates of Logic at no additional cost, right?

Well, until they release Logic XI.

I’m interested in what their plans are for the iMac, since my Windows desktop pc is 9 years old, and I can’t face Windows 10.

Can’t really afford an iMac at present, but if it gets an upgrade then I’ll start saving.

I was on windows 7 every single day for like 10 years. Bought new machine and HATED windows 10 for around a week....But I don’t even notice it now. Feels like basically the same OS when I switch between machines now...

Really? That’s good to hear - most people I speak to hate it.

It’s all down to cost at the end of the day. If the iMac goes over £2k it’s out of the question, so a cheap PC, or parts upgrade for the one I have, will be my options.

Also if this subscription stuff materialises, it’ll push me away from Apple.

You get used to windows 10 eventually. Atthis point I don't even miss windows 7.

I really really miss the search functionality from older windows versions. Pressing Windows + F to quickly find a file is something I was doing all of the time and it still annoys me almost every day that they removed it and that searching now takes many more steps and thinking.
    APART from that I like windows 10 better than 7 actually. Stuff like Bluetooth is quicker to access, it looks cleaner, feels altogether more responsive.

• @richardyot said:
    @MonzoPro Windows 10 is fine BTW. The only thing I change is that I use 7TaskBar Tweaker to make the pinned icons a bit bigger, because for some reason they decided to shrink them.

Thanks Richard, another thumbs up.

Certainly cheaper to get a Windows box, really depends what they do with the iMac though - I can take a performance hit in return for that lovely screen, but I can’t afford it if they put prices up, as they did with the MacBook Pro.

My guess is it won’t feature in their announcements today anyway though, it’s all phones and watches these days.

• @nick said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

Oops! I forgot to include the rumoured Logic and Final Cut on iOS in the list :neutral:

All the discussion about subscription model would be moot if Logic makes into iOS, right? Because Apple would never offer it on subscription basis. On desktop, Logic is the cheapest and one of the best loaded DAW for the price. On iOS, they offer GB for free. If anything, they would offer Logic for $20-$50 on iOS an no subscription.

Logic isn’t cheapest desktop daw ;) Reaper, Bandlab cakewalk.... both great Daws and basically free.

But through Mac App Store, you should get lifetime of free updates of Logic at no additional cost, right?

I’m interested in what their plans are for the iMac, since my Windows desktop pc is 9 years old, and I can’t face Windows 10.

Can’t really afford an iMac at present, but if it gets an upgrade then I’ll start saving.

I was on windows 7 every single day for like 10 years. Bought new machine and HATED windows 10 for around a week....But I don’t even notice it now. Feels like basically the same OS when I switch between machines now...

It’s all down to cost at the end of the day. If the iMac goes over £2k it’s out of the question, so a cheap PC, or parts upgrade for the one I have, will be my options.

You get used to windows 10 eventually. Atthis point I don't even miss windows 7.

I really really miss the search functionality from older windows versions. Pressing Windows + F to quickly find a file is something I was doing all of the time and it still annoys me almost every day that they removed it and that searching now takes many more steps and thinking.
    APART from that I like windows 10 better than 7 actually. Stuff like Bluetooth is quicker to access, it looks cleaner, feels altogether more responsive.

Ah another one - cheers!

• I'm looking forward to face unlock not working until you stand on your head :o

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m still trying to work out the UK time for the event I’m that slooooow.....

6pm UK time

erm... haven't you got a shed to wire up ? Back to work !

• @MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

My history in this case is. Long time Windows user. About 8 years ago I saw great software for iOS (iPhones/ iPads). Bought an iPhone, later iPad. The simplicity of the music apps on iOS was the thing that struck me. Great experiences and fun. Bought an iMac but couldn't get used on the workflow on Macs and missed a lot of my Win nly VSTs.. Back to Windows, now I'm a happy Win 10 user again. Still have iPhone and iPad. But saw that the apps got more and more possibilities, thus complicated. This more complicated apps but also the complexity. ie complicated way to shuffle files around, continiously working with full screen opened apps, which makes switching the use of apps a pain in the ass, and more of this kind of workflow misery makes me wonder if this is in the end a Pro platform. Today apps n iOS are more than ever bought with workflow and how fast I can work with them in mind. So for me back to basics. In the stage where iOS is nowadays in I see the DAWs made for it just made for idiots. They just work not intuitive...

• I'm dreaming about iPad MINI with latest CPU, but sadly that's gona never happen :-( iPad mini was best model in terms of size for me :-(

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

6pm UK time

Strangely I’ve actually been making some music! Wonders will never cease :D

• @dendy said:
    I'm dreaming about iPad MINI with latest CPU, but sadly that's gona never happen :-( iPad mini was best model in terms of size for me :-(

Metoo

The mini is very portable and right size for iPad apps. But for Apple it's cannibalizing the larger phone models, as wel is the large iPad models. btw Apple came up with the Mini after feeling the presure of this small format Android pads. Also the interst of this Android devices is fading.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

6pm UK time

I must currently be visiting an alternative reality :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

6pm UK time

I must currently be visiting an alternative reality :D

Although I admit I used a chopped up midi drum loop - but hey, I’m no drummer anyway lol

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@StMichaels said:
    New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9"

Which size do you think will be better suited for IOS Apps especially Cubasis, Garageband , Auria Pro?

Right now leaning toward the 11"

Each to their own for sure. Hafta say the 12.9 is the best bit of tech I've ever bought. BUT I am also a large clumsy person with big hands and poor eyes :)

Big Hands you say......hmmmmmm

:#

• @Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

6pm UK time

7am

• @e121 said:
    I’m looking forward to when Apple joins other big media companies like Google in embracing censorship.

No wait, my mistake, they already do that.

"thumbs up" selected.

Forget that, the book burning has started (2018) style

New modern "BOOK REMOVALS" for unspecified policies on Amazon.....

"book burn" much?

I am a believer in words being words.

Whether I agree or not.

As long as no one is being threatened or stalked and children aren't involved nothing should be banned or blocked on any of these platforms or companies.

YEAH YEAH...private business.

But that argument doesn't last.

Every company in the US face many guidelines are enforced by the government and constitutional rights are still protected. EEOC anyone?

We are entering a potential scary time in the world. Technology is allowing information to travel in ways never imagined.

Because people disagree or able it offensive or hateful is silly.

I am no fan of Alex Jones.

But, it makes me uncomfortable to see all the social media giants ban in unison.

Trying to wipe and erase him.

I just read yesterday that if you look the media and companies all coordinated the press release and timing of his black list.

Actually the NYTIMES or WashingPost posted it PRIOR TO THE COMPANIES BY A COUPLE MINUTES!

Showing true collusion of the government media complex.

The shadow banning of certain groups or ideas whether I agree or to is a bad thing. Really bad.

You just don't know what will be put on that list next.

I am a registered Libertarian in the US so, I am not trying to be slick.

I am proud of my beliefs.

I am not rigid in any of them.

Not looking to debate to be honest , just open my mouth on my beliefs.

• edited September 2018

Let's not be political. But hey, the golden age of corporations have already been told by countless books and fictions. Cyberpunk anyone? So this is something we have to get used to. It's funny though that the companies which always fight for the so called good of humanity and diversity are the very same ones tending to run their businesses in complete monopoly. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

• @Norbert said:
    Let's not be political. But hey, the golden age of corporations have already been told by countless books and fictions. Cyberpunk anyone? So this is something we have to get used to. It's funny though that the companies which always fight for the so called good of humanity and diversity are the very same ones tending to run their businesses in complete monopoly. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

More hypocritical that ironic

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Norbert said:

Man, how you killed my attempt to nicely quote some alanis morisette here. I hate you forever :D

• @Norbert said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Norbert said:

Man, how you killed my attempt to nicely quote some alanis morisette here. I hate you forever :D

Alanis Morisette didn't get irony. Isn't it ironic, Don't ya think :D

• @MonzoPro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

Ah ok, another thumbs-up - good to hear.

There is one thing worth noting, Windows 10 has an update issue, once a year now they do a big update, which is pretty much an entirely new install, but for some reason it causes havoc if the main system drive is a HD (100% usage after install) but no issues with SSD.
    A clean install fixes the 100% use even on HD.
    This has happened to a huge amount of users on the last two big updates and if you Google it you will see that MS have no idea what causes it.

• Even the lowliest of us live with luxuries thanks to the output of corporations. Would you give it all up, including your iPads to get rid of them? Everything in this world has a price....

Here is a strange example.... I take a medication which lessens the chance of cancer in the particular organ, however, if I get cancer there the malignancy will be much worse because I take the medication!

The yin yang sign has a spot of yin in the yang side and a spot of yang in the yin side. Is this hypocrisy? Maybe irony. It is called dualism. I am afraid it is something we must all live with.
    We eat meat, we use petroleum products, we work for corporations... Well, not all of us.... Some don't, but many of those who don't feel good that they don't. The spot of yang in that yin is called self righteousness. It is one sin or another. No escaping anything in a dualistic world.

I want a 16gb pro with a headphone jack. What do I get? An 8 gb pro without a headphone jack but a USB connector, maybe. Damn those corporations, I love them so!😾😻

• @RUST( i )K said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@StMichaels said:
    New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9"

Which size do you think will be better suited for IOS Apps especially Cubasis, Garageband , Auria Pro?

Right now leaning toward the 11"

Each to their own for sure. Hafta say the 12.9 is the best bit of tech I've ever bought. BUT I am also a large clumsy person with big hands and poor eyes :)

Big Hands you say......hmmmmmm

:#

Size won’t matter if you can’t say hello to it!

• @nick said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

The search is still there in win 10. But it doesn't even need that extra step. You just type it in the ever present Cortana search bar next to the start menu button.

• My favorite part is when it is over so they can do being treated as if they're giving us something. They're introducing new products for people to buy. I know that I use my Mac, iphone, and iPad air every day for work on the music and non music sides of life. But the company makes me angry and their direction is going in a way of making toys. Problem is, Android is a mess, I have a few android tablets for live sound to control my behringer x32 because mixing station is much better than the behringer app, but those tablets are anything but smooth to use. I use only that app, so I don't care, but it could never be my main tablet.

The piece of news I want to hear about after the hype show, however, is confirmation that ios12 is supposed to put an emphasis on making older devices (like my iPad air) not crawl anymore- ios11 really stopped the air from working well. I can't wrap my head around the fact that the air could suddenly be useless when I have a macbook pro that is older and still runs great. However, on a macbook pro now you couldn't add ram, or a larger or faster ssd, which my 2012 can. I guess if that dies I'm either going to have to get used to windows again or make Linux work for music again, neither of which I really want to do.

Oh well, typing this on my 6s which is still running great and will be used until it does so I have that neat little headphone jack.

• Is when our expectations hit the iFan

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@nick said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

The search is still there in win 10. But it doesn't even need that extra step. You just type it in the ever present Cortana search bar next to the start menu button.

I‘m missing the fast file search of older windows versions. Cortana is a different thing unfortunately.

• My favorite part is doing a shot everytime they say “magical”.

• What about what @richardyot was muttering about? Is this all phones or do/can we expect some other business today?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    What about what @richardyot was muttering about? Is this all phones or do/can we expect some other business today?

Well, seems unlikely: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/12/leak-suggests-new-ipad-pros-unlikely-debut-today/

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m looking forward to this one, as Apple keep failing to give me that final reason to update my Air2. One day they will mess it all up and bring out something I just have to buy again. I still think the Air2 was the best price / performance