Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

More than anything else, as these events progress, I find the discussions on this forum all day about the topics introduced/features announced at the events much more interesting than the events themselves :smile: It is intriguing to discuss and share our opinions over here continuously!

(a funny post by @brambos from last event: TONGUE DETECTED!!!! THANK YOU!)
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26484/wwdc-so-its-hallelujah-day-today/p2

Tomorrow is a BIG day - with newer device announcements! A 3rd gen 11" iPad Pro? Headphone jack? iOS 12 performance? Subscription model? So many unknowns. But no need to wait until tomorrow for the event to kick off - feel free to fire up...

PS: By the way, time to grab any Wish-List apps tonight before Apple allegedly turns AppStore into subscription model during tomorrow's event (?). Maybe, in future, we could setup the new Shortcuts (formerly: Workflow app) to auto-buy any apps by specific devs or when our wish-list apps go on sale using some preset threshold prices or send us alert notifications of the sale so we don't miss out on them? The possibilities are limited by only our budgets :neutral:

Comments

• Logic! Native Instruments! Ableton! Probably none of that!

• New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9"

Which size do you think will be better suited for IOS Apps especially Cubasis, Garageband , Auria Pro?

Right now leaning toward the 11"

• @StMichaels said:
    New iPad Pro 11" and 12.9"

Which size do you think will be better suited for IOS Apps especially Cubasis, Garageband , Auria Pro?

Each to their own for sure. Hafta say the 12.9 is the best bit of tech I've ever bought. BUT I am also a large clumsy person with big hands and poor eyes :)

• edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@StMichaels said:

Each to their own for sure. Hafta say the 12.9 is the best bit of tech I've ever bought. BUT I am also a large clumsy person with big hands and poor eyes :)

Yeah, the 12.9” iPad Pro gen2 is also my best electronic gear the last 40 years!

But, it may be the last iPad i bought...

If the new iPad Pro miss headphone jack, has this strange screencurve as iPhoneX (it seems to be that way - Apple has moved the clock to far left to make space for a center camera there) I may be so disappointed that Apple has lost me as an iPad customer...

I recently bought myself an used Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - i5/8GB/256GB, and I can say one thing: Surface Pro as an tablet is NOT any threat to iPad Pro!

Surface Pro is still an laptop that you can point at, far from the wonderful hardware/software tech that iPad Pro is after eight years of development...

But, Apple, how will the future path looks like? When will the next real thing be released?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@StMichaels said:

If you are using Cubasis, you can set it to display in 9.7" resolution (which means big knobs, controls, keys and fonts) even if you are using an iPad Pro or switch to Pro resolution anytime. That's a feature Steinberg retained for people with impaired vision :smile:

• ... THE END.

• edited September 2018

@AudioGus said:
    Logic! Native Instruments! Ableton! Probably none of that!

Oops! I forgot to include the rumoured Logic and Final Cut on iOS in the list :neutral:

• @MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

Oops! I forgot to include the rumoured Logic and Final Cut on iOS in the list :neutral:

All the discussion about subscription model would be moot if Logic makes into iOS, right? Because Apple would never offer it on subscription basis. On desktop, Logic is the cheapest and one of the best loaded DAW for the price. On iOS, they offer GB for free. If anything, they would offer Logic for $20-$50 on iOS an no subscription.

Final Cut on iOS would be a huge relief for all things video!

• I’m still trying to work out the UK time for the event I’m that slooooow.....

• That it is today and I am free@home.

• @Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

All the discussion about subscription model would be moot if Logic makes into iOS, right? Because Apple would never offer it on subscription basis. On desktop, Logic is the cheapest and one of the best loaded DAW for the price. On iOS, they offer GB for free. If anything, they would offer Logic for $20-$50 on iOS an no subscription.

Logic isn’t cheapest desktop daw ;) Reaper, Bandlab cakewalk.... both great Daws and basically free.

But through Mac App Store, you should get lifetime of free updates of Logic at no additional cost, right?
    FL Studio is expensive but has free lifetime updates too.

• edited September 2018

@StMichaels said:

I posted the screenshots and video of Cubasis 2.5 on iPad 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5" recently and which one offers the best user experience as per Steinberg - here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/540819#Comment_540819

Yes, 11" iPad Pro would be a sweet spot.
    If you watch the iPad Pro 12.9" unboxing by iJustine, it is HUGE, HUGE - bigger than the 13" MacBook!! If you plan to use it at a desk, 12.9" is the BEST. It's just not mobile :neutral:

• @MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

Logic isn’t cheapest desktop daw ;) Reaper, Bandlab cakewalk.... both great Daws and basically free.

But through Mac App Store, you should get lifetime of free updates of Logic at no additional cost, right?

Well, until they release Logic XI.

I’m interested in what their plans are for the iMac, since my Windows desktop pc is 9 years old, and I can’t face Windows 10.

Can’t really afford an iMac at present, but if it gets an upgrade then I’ll start saving.

• What? You mean the entire app store could turn into a subscription model? Like playstation?

• @Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

I’m interested in what their plans are for the iMac, since my Windows desktop pc is 9 years old, and I can’t face Windows 10.

Can’t really afford an iMac at present, but if it gets an upgrade then I’ll start saving.

I was on windows 7 every single day for like 10 years. Bought new machine and HATED windows 10 for around a week....But I don’t even notice it now. Feels like basically the same OS when I switch between machines now...

Really? That’s good to hear - most people I speak to hate it.

It’s all down to cost at the end of the day. If the iMac goes over £2k it’s out of the question, so a cheap PC, or parts upgrade for the one I have, will be my options.

Also if this subscription stuff materialises, it’ll push me away from Apple.

• edited September 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@StMichaels said:

I posted the screenshots and video of Cubasis 2.5 on iPad 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5" recently and which one offers the best user experience as per Steinberg - here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/540819#Comment_540819

Yes, 11" iPad Pro would be a sweet spot.
    If you watch the iPad Pro 12.9" unboxing by iJustine, it is HUGE, HUGE - bigger than the 13" MacBook!! If you plan to use it at a desk, 12.9" is the BEST. It's just not mobile :neutral:

Get advised by the BEST Reviewer on YouTube - iPhoneDo...

iPad Pro 2 (2017) — In-Depth Review — 10.5", 12.9" and 9.7" iPad Pro Comparison [4K]

Apple iPad Pro (10.5" vs 12.9"): Unboxing & Review

iPad Pro 10.5 Review - Apple Got It Right

2018 iPad vs iPad Pro 10.5 - Full Comparison

Apple iPad Pro 10.5" - My Experience!

Which 2017 iPad Pro is right for you? 10.5" vs 12.9"

More ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iphonedo+ipad+pro

• @Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

I was on windows 7 every single day for like 10 years. Bought new machine and HATED windows 10 for around a week....But I don’t even notice it now. Feels like basically the same OS when I switch between machines now...

It’s all down to cost at the end of the day. If the iMac goes over £2k it’s out of the question, so a cheap PC, or parts upgrade for the one I have, will be my options.

Don’t get me wrong, I prefer win7 ;) But it’s really not a big deal/difference. Couple minutes after switching on I’m inside a daw or whatever in any case and could just as well be on any OS until I switch it off again....

Windows 8 was the best :smile:

• Isn't this event just about new phones? Normally the iPad event is held later, in October, or is it different this year?

• I’m looking forward to when Apple joins other big media companies like Google in embracing censorship.

No wait, my mistake, they already do that.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

You get used to windows 10 eventually. Atthis point I don't even miss windows 7.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@AudioGus said:

You get used to windows 10 eventually. Atthis point I don't even miss windows 7.

Ah ok, another thumbs-up - good to hear.

• @Max23 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m still trying to work out the UK time for the event I’m that slooooow.....

6pm UK time

• @MonzoPro Windows 10 is fine BTW. The only thing I change is that I use 7TaskBar Tweaker to make the pinned icons a bit bigger, because for some reason they decided to shrink them.

Oh, and I still think today's event is about phones, and not iPads :)

• I’m simply not interested in the hype. I’ll just go through my day as usual and if anything of note occurred people will indubitably ensure I know about in the forthcoming days or weeks.