Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 2 is launching on Thursday, April 3rd 2014

Comments

• Very much looking forward to AB2!

• It's payday this weekend so hopefully will be out within the next week, Mosaik been 4 days now in Apples hands so we must be looking at at least that once it drops. How long did AB 1 take to go through Apples process once submitted?

• What keys? Ah, THE keys!

• When can we expect this update, has it been submitted to Apple as yet

• For me the latest date one can still claim to be 'early' in the year is the last day of March, i.e. end of Q1.

• IT IS COMING. ASKING WILL NOT SPEED IT UP.

• edited March 2014

@syrupcore said:

ASKING WILL NOT SPEED IT UP.

right. I was not yet tired of waiting patiently. But now I'm tired of hearing about other people getting impatient. ;-)

• I think perhaps if we start threatening to hold our breaths till we turn blue, then they'll know we really want Audiobus 2!

Oh, I almost forgot: when is it coming out? :)

• I can't...i can't find my keys? Anyone know where they at? Also when is Audioboz 2 coming out?

• What will be the final price of the IAP? :D

• Audiobus 2 - almost like the second coming of Christ!

Some of you guys are really desperate. :)

• The best way to while away the time that I found during I'm waiting for AB2 is a conjunction of audioshare+IAA+AB, but it is very tricky and frail. :D

• @ChrisG said:

I can't...i can't find my keys? Anyone know where they at? Also when is Audioboz 2 coming out?

Your keys have been submitted to Apple, so you're locked out for a few days to a week.

• edited March 2014

Seriously: can we recognize that the Audiobus 2 release is taking longer than we'd like because Sebastian et al are making sure the entire ecosystem will continue to be as reliable as we've come to expect. That means they're dependent upon lots of people's timelines and working through issues, etc. to make sure we're contented when Audiobus 2 does come out. So, let's calm down and appreciate the diligence rather than piss and moan that it's taking too long.

Rock on Audiobus ecosystem!

• Stop press:

Audiobus' development has been stopped until further notice due to loopy hd having just achieved a celebrity status and being in need of a variety of skins to suit every personality. This will take priority for the foreseeable future as that is the most logical of action in the current economic climate.

Sorry for any inconvenience

• You deserve all the attention with your apps. Im happy for you guys, congratulations!!
    Audiobus was my door for the ios music world. :)

• edited March 2014

@mulletsaison said:

Seriously: can we recognize that the Audiobus 2 release is taking longer than we'd like because Sebastian et al are making sure the entire ecosystem will continue to be as reliable as we've come to expect. That means they're dependent upon lots of people's timelines and working through issues, etc. to make sure we're contented when Audiobus 2 does come out. So, let's calm down and appreciate the diligence rather than piss and moan that it's taking too long.

Guys, we're sitting here waiting with you... ;)

• Fantastic news @Sebastian!
    Man, it's going to be manic ;)

• My body is ready.

• edited March 2014

Once AB2 is out we'll find ourselves wondering how the hell did we manage making music with AB1 which begs the question: how did we manage to make music before AB even came out! Brrrr, nasty thought.

• @sebastian oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Ausgezeichnet!!

• Wooooot!

• breathe in.....breathe out.......AB2 is almost out....breathe in.......

• edited March 2014

Four more days! WOOOOOOooooo...!
    BTW, am I going to need to clear some space for this update?

• Ok I recall mention of in IAP in AB2. How much will it be? (I realize the amounts involved on apps are almost always insignificant, except when DifferentDrummer was a baby, but I just want to make sure nothing goes awry Thursday). Knowing what AB2 will be able to do has been making me frustrated when I work with AB1 already (chains of effects, etc). It's like dangling a Candybar in front a kid!

• How much would you like it to be?

• edited March 2014

I want to continue to help fund development of Audiobus and whatever else you and Michael have up your sleeves, so I'd be more than happy to pay the same that I paid for the app originally at launch (was it £5.99? Can't remember!). However, in terms of mass-market acceptability, maybe £2.99/£3.99 would be the ideal price point for the IAP? Dunno!

Hell, I'd pay £9.99 without a second thought. But I'm sure there's a price the market is happy to pay without it being a stretch and without you getting too many complaints, as that's always the danger when it comes to IAPs for what will now become regarded as 'essential' functionality in Audiobus.

• This is an app that surely transcends monetary value.

• @thinds said:

This is an app that surely transcends monetary value.

Within reason ;)

• This is just me thinking out loud. What I'm saying is not an indicator of what we're actually going to do but I've been thinking about this a lot in the past.

We could actually have the price of the in-app purchase be higher for the first day or even the first 12 hours after launch. Like 10 bucks or so. And then lower it to it's actual long term price of $5 US.

That way whoever feels like giving us a little more because they think we're doing a good job can do that. And whoever either does not think so or is strapped for cash can still buy the app a little later for a lower price.

It's completely contrary to what other app developers are doing but I like doing things differently most of the time.

What do you think?