Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2018

Comments

• edited September 2018

@studs1966 @icsleepers
    Thanks a lot for your comments :)
    In fact, everything is done live, (effects, breaks) so it's a live session that I've organized as a track.
    I'll try some acid bass, yes, it's already loaded in AUM waiting for the good moment to pop-up...
    I have lots of breaks of that kind in preparation for the "full" live act to come... :D

@studs1966 chill song, good for an after in Ibiza ;) Loved the comparaison you've made with Phuture...Didn't listen to DJ Pierre's track for a long time...The guy still playing !

• @crony said:
    @studs1966 @icsleepers
    Thanks a lot for your comments :)
    In fact, everything is done live, (effects, breaks) so it's a live session that I've organized as a track.
    I'll try some acid bass, yes, it's already loaded in AUM waiting for the good moment to pop-up...
    I have lots of breaks of that kind in preparation for the "full" live act to come... :D

@studs1966 chill song, good for an after in Ibiza ;) Loved the comparaison you've made with Phuture...Didn't listen to DJ Pierre's track for a long time...The guy still playing !

DJ Pierre & the Boys... Yes they are still active... I think?....

• @crony Oh mate! Totally loving this head banger! Haven't heard industrial in ages and spot on with that tweaky glitchy lead! Love the timestretch breakdown at 1:45(ish)! Nice, groovy, foot tapper mate!

• @crony said:
    Yes !

Great Vid.... Cant believe DJ Pierre started the Acid House scene back in the day.... (with $50 TB & a drum machine) & he didn't no how to program the TB303 (it was DJ Spanky who done most of the programming on the TB).... Then add some Robert Owens vocals.... & "Woop, There it is!"....

• @dedko thanks a lot, give me positive energy to make more like this ! :)

• Little late to the game, but anyway here it is.

• @crony I loved the glitchy synth and the consistent style. The couple of quick breaks were a nice touch (although they may be a tad too short; just my personal opinion). I would have liked to have heard a B section in there somewhere in the middle too, but if the breaks were stretched out some that probably wouldn’t have come to mind. Overall a really nice track!

• @studs1966 Loved the vibe of this track! I know you got the vocals for free, but they fit great and really add a professional sound to the track. I really need to do more tracks with vocals lol. Working on a new one now with my wife, we’ll see how it turns out. :smile: Anyway, yeah great job on this track, always enjoy what you post.

• @obijohn said:
    @studs1966 Loved the vibe of this track! I know you got the vocals for free, but they fit great and really add a professional sound to the track. I really need to do more tracks with vocals lol. Working on a new one now with my wife, we’ll see how it turns out. :smile: Anyway, yeah great job on this track, always enjoy what you post.

Thanks mate..... :) Looking forward to hearing your next project, with your wife...... The last time my ex used my mike to sing..... I had to soak the Mic in a bucket of Bleach for a couple of days... :D

• @studs1966 said:

@obijohn said:
    @studs1966 Loved the vibe of this track! I know you got the vocals for free, but they fit great and really add a professional sound to the track. I really need to do more tracks with vocals lol. Working on a new one now with my wife, we’ll see how it turns out. :smile: Anyway, yeah great job on this track, always enjoy what you post.

Thanks mate..... :) Looking forward to hearing your next project, with your wife...... The last time my ex used my mike to sing..... I had to soak the Mic in a bucket of Bleach for a couple of days... :D

Story, miss spelling.... I meant Mic... not Mike..... :D

• @Eriko The long slow buildup is very cool. I think the track length justifies it. It’s got a nice ambient feel despite the steady beat. Not sure what you’re using for mixing, but if you’ve got Auria Pro I’d recommend using Pro-L2 to bring it to -14LFS, as the overall level was a bit low. It was balanced nicely, just a little on the low side. Good work on the track!

• @Eriko Oh, ok now, isn't this a right proper ambient trip-house tune? Cranked it up on my big speakers and it is all shades of pure chill. The chords cut clear throughout the track and the beat keeps your attention. That bassline is sensually suggestive and complements very well! Make an album filled with tracks like this and it would certainly earn a place in my CD collection! Well done!

• Here’s my first post for SOTMC. It’s a song I wrote a number of years ago, called Fallen Fathers. It is not an iOS track, but posting this track is helping motivate me to create more on iOS. Thank you all for listening, and many thanks to all of you for your insights here on this forum.
    https://choon.co/tracks/0k5530ze734/fallen-fathers/

• @richardyot said:

@JenaMu6 said:
    Nice track.....but to be honest(the purpose of this thread) I found the vocals a bit too much out of tune and timing.
    Maybe it’s meant to be....I love the rest though.
    (And now i feel a bit guilty.....I’ll post one of mine this thread.....so you can return the favor😃)

Are the vocals out of tune? I'm genuinely surprised, can anyone else confirm?

(edit) I'm not offended if they are BTW, it's just that I can't hear it, so the feedback would actually be pretty useful.

I can't hear anything too much out of tune here. In fact it sounds like a well balanced track. I like the relaxing atmoshphere, which is enhanced by the lenghty intro before the vocals start. Nice work!

• @obijohn said:
    My entry this month. Actually threw this together over the (US) holiday weekend. I wanted to do a track using only Gadget(s) so I could get to know the instruments better, and I ended up using mostly built-in presets tweaked only very slightly. The idea here was someone trying to go to sleep, almost there, and having their peaceful thoughts abruptly interrupted by energetic thoughts (something my wife struggles with nightly)... trying to regain the peace, the energy abruptly coming back and almost taking over, but finally getting to sleep. OK, yeah, weird, I know. The transitions might be too abrupt, which is what I was going for but might need to rethink how it fits together. Feedback welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/tokensonly/insomniac/s-hsmHK

Great track, I like the contrast between the sleepy and the energetic sides. The second interruption is even more abrupt than the first one. I like that somewhat better, if you're being abrupt just go for it!
    Nice tonal works, mellow on one side and almost chiptuney like some Sonic the Hedgehog theme. I like it!

• @icsleepers said:
    Alrighty, a little Blocs Wave / Launchpad and 100% Gadget under the hood here. This isn’t my favorite of the set but it’s one of the more well received ones. I really took advantage of that Korg summer sale :mrgreen:

Great track. Shows you are talented. Vocals really enhance the feeling. It sounds somewhat like Zero7, which is not bad at all. Arrangement is nice as well, if there is anything I would wish for in the mix it would be some more bass.

• @crony said:
    Hi !
    I haven't posted here for a long time, so here's a new track !

Hope you'll like it !

That is some crazy shit. Nice! How do you make those glitchy slowdowns?

• @studs1966 said:
    Vocals from the free site "Looperman"....

Wow I love how mellow this is. Subtle percussion, great electric piano, which really add to the feeling of a sweet summer evening. Maybe cut down on the vocals a little bit though, or make a plain instrumental version on the side. But anyway, I really like it.

• @obijohn said:
    @Eriko The long slow buildup is very cool. I think the track length justifies it. It’s got a nice ambient feel despite the steady beat. Not sure what you’re using for mixing, but if you’ve got Auria Pro I’d recommend using Pro-L2 to bring it to -14LFS, as the overall level was a bit low. It was balanced nicely, just a little on the low side. Good work on the track!

Thanks. I think you're right about the mix. In fact there was no real mix at all, I recorded everything into one bus slot in AUM and that was it.

• @mjcouche said:
    Here’s my first post for SOTMC. It’s a song I wrote a number of years ago, called Fallen Fathers. It is not an iOS track, but posting this track is helping motivate me to create more on iOS. Thank you all for listening, and many thanks to all of you for your insights here on this forum.
    https://choon.co/tracks/0k5530ze734/fallen-fathers/

I like the vocal layering. Some parts remind me of the Police, or something like Greenday. I am not that familiar with Americana though, but it sounds nice.

• @dedko said:
    @Eriko Oh, ok now, isn't this a right proper ambient trip-house tune? Cranked it up on my big speakers and it is all shades of pure chill. The chords cut clear throughout the track and the beat keeps your attention. That bassline is sensually suggestive and complements very well! Make an album filled with tracks like this and it would certainly earn a place in my CD collection! Well done!

Thanks for that!

• @Eriko Thanks!! Yeah I gotta figure out wtf the problem is with my bass mixing, it's been brought up before :fearful: it always sounds good on my cans and in the truck.... behhhh. Will be especially mindful next time around!

• @Eriko thanks, really glad you enjoyed !
    About the effects, glitches are done with Effectrix, and most of others with multiple instances of Turnado, all controlled live, no automation.
    I have also some Amazing noises apps running in insert with different levels, also live controlled.
    I also use cuts on the fly with a Beatstep to mimic a mixtable, that's why I can glitch, cut some other drum parts, then put them back. But really, I think I was quite lucky and a bit inspired 2 nights ago... :D
    Everytime I play it, I have new variations now, sound is moving, the Arturia DrumBrute Impact also sounds a bit different (analog...) so it's very dependent of the instant feeling and how "warm" is the DBI !!!

@mjcouche gladly surprised with the quality of the vocals, then the rock switch is absolutely nice ! Very strong subject, you had the good inspiration for it, very rare ! Congrats !

• @richardyot You certainly have a style and this song does well. I still think you’ve got some of the best drums coming out of iOS.

@obijohn I really like the idea behind this track and your description fits it well. I like the soothing parts a lot.

@icsleepers Incredible, perfect track. Vocals are amazing and the music complements them so well.

@crony very impressive that this is live. Not really my thing but impressive nonetheless. Vocals may do a bit better to be just a touch louder. Elastic drums?

@studs1966 this was very nice. Almost sounds a bit like if chvrches was a different genre band.

@Eriko pretty chill track. Really enjoyed the bass line.

• @crony thanks for the kind words!

• @Eriko Back in high school I was all about Green Day. Probably influenced what my voice sounds like now. Thanks for listening

• @mjcouche Thanks!! :) much appreciated!

• @studs1966 said:
    Vocals from the free site "Looperman"....

very nice warm sound