Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Do i need sunrizer if i have the insane model 15?

I have heard so many positive reviews for sunrizer, however I’m wondering if it’s similar to model 15?

I have model 15 and at first was overwhelmed by its tweakability which I couldn’t get my head around. But after a year of use and the help of this forum i can’t actually believe it, but I’m finding myself able to rewire cables and sound design in a way I never could before. And it is one othe most incredible Synthesizers I’ve ever come across. I don’t like to get lots and lots of synths. I like to learn a few really well.

Therefore I’m wondering do I really need sunrizer or is this too an amazing synth worth getting ?

Comments

• I'd actually recommend the Sunrizer developer's other synth, Zeeon. To me it is #2 on iOS behind Model 15 in sound quality. And it is pretty universally loved just like Sunrizer.

• "Do I need another synth?" Mewahahaha...don't you know which forum you're on :)

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

For what could you need more Synths???

For having them, just in case.

But yes, it's much better to concentrate on a few of them.
    But I'm an Appoholic, sadly.

• @echoopera said:
    "Do I need another synth?" Mewahahaha...don't you know which forum you're on :)

Lol! (I love will smith! I wish he was my dad !)

• @echoopera said:

😂😂😂

@tja said:

I dnt feel as bad now 😂 you have at least five more apps than me

• edited September 2018

@oat_phipps said:
    I'd actually recommend the Sunrizer developer's other synth, Zeeon. To me it is #2 on iOS behind Model 15 in sound quality. And it is pretty universally loved just like Sunrizer.

Ah I already have Zeeon and just fired it up again, and forgot how good it is. Thanks for the reminder. So I take it sunrizer is very similar to Zeeon ?

• @tja said:

My friend you need to seek help ;) ha ha

• Sunrizer is worth it for the supersaw waveforms.

• @Rich303 said:
    Sunrizer is worth it for the supersaw waveforms.

Ok I’m thinking I might dive in especially if it’s made by the same company as Zeeon. Thanks

• Just get it, you know you will anyway.

• I would def get Sunrizer again. So, yeah get Sunrizer.

• I have Model 15 but not Sunrizer. They are completely different things!! I had the iPhone version of Sunrizer but deleted it because the iPhone version isn’t worth going forward with. I decided against getting the iPad version, not because the sound, but because I just don’t need another synth!! Sometimes I look through my files on my computer and find the quick “cars” cover I did with a Bass Station 2, iPhone Sunrizer, and Garageband drummer. Sunrizer is great really. I have other synths I like, including Zeeon.

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Just get it, you know you will anyway.

Yeah ha if I’m honest I was probably subconsciously hoping people would say no don’t bother for x y z reason. I just have too many synths and not enough billboard top 100 songs to show for it ... yet

• @kinkujin said:
    I would def get Sunrizer again. So, yeah get Sunrizer.

Arm ... twisted ...

• @DMan said:
    I have Model 15 but not Sunrizer. They are completely different things!! I had the iPhone version of Sunrizer but deleted it because the iPhone version isn’t worth going forward with. I decided against getting the iPad version, not because the sound, but because I just don’t need another synth!! Sometimes I look through my files on my computer and find the quick “cars” cover I did with a Bass Station 2, iPhone Sunrizer, and Garageband drummer. Sunrizer is great really. I have other synths I like, including Zeeon.

Yes I hear ya. I’m trying to be more discerning with my synth choices rather than a synth hoe.
    But it looks like my hoeing days are not quite over yet ...

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

@reasOne said:
    I dnt feel as bad now 😂 you have at least five more apps than me

That's only one of three screens of musical Apps, with Synths and Sample Apps.
    The others are:

1)
    DAWs, sequencers, progressions Apps, instruments, MIDI Apps, Drum Apps, Loop Apps and anything like AudioBus, AUM and apeMatrix

2)
    Effects, Generative Apps, Equalizer, Sonic and Mastering Apps

Yes, much too much :/

• Hahahaha I have almost every synth on iOS...and I will say Zeeon and model 15 both sound really fat!
    Sunrizer sounds like a roland jp8000 almost identically, but I really find myself using poison 202 more...as it is quite a bit more punchy and aggressive. If propellerheads would have made a better GUI and gave the entire engine I would highly recommend Reason Compact (europa) but it’s missing some stuff...so I won’t.

• Also don’t forget about synthmaster one!

• Model15 does not require you to have Sunrizer (see wot i did there?).

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Hahahaha I have almost every synth on iOS...and I will say Zeeon and model 15 both sound really fat!
    Sunrizer sounds like a roland jp8000 almost identically, but I really find myself using poison 202 more...as it is quite a bit more punchy and aggressive. If propellerheads would have made a better GUI and gave the entire engine I would highly recommend Reason Compact (europa) but it’s missing some stuff...so I won’t.

Agreed on all that. Poison is very fat indeed. And reason compact has some amazing sounds. If it was AU I’d totoally buy the unlock.

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Also don’t forget about synthmaster one!

A great synth to be sure

• @AudioGus said:
    Model15 does not require you to have Sunrizer (see wot i did there?).

I do indeed mr gus the wizard of wit ;) I’m not being sarcastic either

• I'm at the point where I'm starting to migrate to using both desktop and IOS to achieve my goals. The only remaining synths I have on my pad are the three Crown Jewels of Moog and SM1. Go based on your ear. Sunrizer just doesn't do it for me, neither does Zeeon. Some people love Zeeon but at the end of the day the sound just didn't get me to where I wanted to go. That Moog tone though... I could spend all day listening to it for some reason.

• edited September 2018

Before Gadget, I've been using Sunrizer, Zeeon, thor, Cube, Cassini and Model 15 regularly. Sometimes Nave and Poseidon too if I had the time to experiment.
    They're all great synths with different sound, different UI and different capabilities.
    If I needed analog, warm and character, I'd go Zeeon or the Moogs.
    If I wanted to go colourful, exciting, shiny and Pop, I'd choose Sunrizer.
    If I had a complex sound in mind that I need a flexible and deep synth to realize it, I'd use thor, and if thor wouldn't exist, Cassini.
    If I wanted something between additive and FM sound, Cube was the choice.

Sunrizer and Model 15 are so different!
    If you know Model 15 well but sometimes just want to have a different sound character, use presets and tweak a little here and there, Sunrizer could be a good choice.
    Watch a few Sunrizer vids to get an impression of how it sounds. I like both very much.

• Sunrizer has an excellent randomizer which Model 15 and Zeeon unfortunately do not.

• The short answer: Yes.
    Sunrizer is unique and has a great character. JP8000 like. Model 15 is very different.

• @universe said:

@echoopera said:

Ummm

• edited September 2018

Sunrizer and Model 15 are very different in sound. Both I consider must-haves in order to cover as wide a sound pallet as possible, along with Zeeon, Model D, Synthmaster One, Animoog, Synth One and Thor. If I had to downgrade to an ipad with small storage, those would get priority treatment, along with a few of the Korg apps & perhaps FM4 and Layr.

The closest thing to m-15 is perhaps Model D or it's clones Mood/iMini, and though they are good in their own right, they aren't in the same ballpark when it comes grit and majesty of Model 15.

Sunrizer is akin to a lush Roland sound imho.

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    Sunrizer and Model 15 are very different in sound. Both I consider must-haves in order to cover as wide a sound pallet as possible, along with Zeeon, Model D, Synthmaster One, Animoog, Synth One and Thor. If I had to downgrade to an ipad with small storage, those would get priority treatment, along with a few of the Korg apps & perhaps FM4 and Layr.

The closest thing to m-15 is perhaps Model D or it's clones Mood/iMini, and though they are good in their own right, they aren't in the same ballpark when it comes grit and majesty of Model 15.

Sunrizer is akin to a lush Roland sound imho.

Thanks!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@universe said:

@echoopera said:

Ummm

Ha ;)