Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A feature request for AUM :- MIDI and AUDIO processing in a SINGLE fader-chain

How many here would love something like in this mock-up for an AUM2 ? To be able to do something like this:
Navichord as MIDI source feeding a chain of ROSETTA MIDI AUv3 MIDI FX, routing the resultant MIDI into SynthMaster One AU plugin ? ( or IAA app for that matter )..
... ALL in a single AUM mix-fader chain?

Would save SO MUCH SCREEN SPACE !!!

Comments

• edited September 2018

I believe the dev mentioned that AUM will have "midi-only" slots that can be used for MIDI plugins In a future update... possibly. So it should work like this but not the AU synth you added at the end. @j_liljedahl maybe you can correct me if I’m out of line here 😅

• Yes, I'm working on it right now. The idea is to have dedicated MIDI-only node slots, to avoid wasting a whole audio channel strip just for hosting a sequencer plugin, etc. MIDI routing will still happen in the usual ways (using the global midi matrix or the short-cut midi source selection menu of a midi-receiving node).

• Yes! So excited for this.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    Yes, I'm working on it right now. The idea is to have dedicated MIDI-only node slots, to avoid wasting a whole audio channel strip just for hosting a sequencer plugin, etc. MIDI routing will still happen in the usual ways (using the global midi matrix or the short-cut midi source selection menu of a midi-receiving node).

Huge👍🏼

• Just wanted to say to https://forum.audiob.us/profile/j_liljedahl I am in Awe(m) ;) at your creation. AUM is the app that brought me back to music making after 25 years, and opened new sonic worlds for this rubbish old drummer. The more I use it, the more I appreciate it’s subtlety, especially being able to make perfect loops, and run those in sync or out of sync with everything else. There are things I would like AUM to do, as I raised before - principally a fader and button automation option - but I take the point that AUM is about not being a DAW (I do have Cubasis for that.) It’s just that I find it such a creative and flexible space to work in, I’m reluctant to leave it when it comes time to mix... The day I see there is an new update to AUM will be a very exciting day for me. :) Thanks!