Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    10,000 views for nothing to see?

That's the power of rumors :smile:

• Ich schlage vor, dass wir diesen Faden für 1.000 Kommentare an deutsche Lesemitglieder weitergeben und dann nacheinander andere Sprachen ausprobieren. Fair ist fair. Für die Gruppe als Ganzes wird der Wert wahrscheinlich erhöht, wenn sie Kommentare in die Sprache übersetzen, die sie verstehen können.

Sind wir einverstanden?

TRANSLATION:

I propose we turn this thread over to German reading members for 1,000 comments and then try other languages in turn. Fair is fair. For the group as a whole the value will likely be increased as they translate comments into the language they can comprehend.

Are we agreed?

• Des lecteurs capables de parler français: après les Allemands, pensez-vous que vous pourrez obtenir 1 000 autres commentaires d'ici le 12 septembre?

TRANSLATION:

French capable readers: After the Germans are done do you think you can get another 1,000 comments in by 9/12?

• REPRESENT!

Comment in the language of your choice (but please stay on topic) and let the group attempt to translate using available resources.

başlamak
    تبدأ
    начинать
    Αρχίζω

• edited September 2018

English is not more difficult to learn than getting the best out of Beatmaker 3 :#

• @rs2000 said:
    English is not more difficult to learn than getting the best out of Beatmaker 3 :#

Englisch ist nicht schwieriger zu erlernen, als das Beste aus Beatmaker 3 herauszuholen

Ich habe dem Impuls, BeatMaker 3 zu kaufen, viele Male widerstanden. Die Zeit ist meine wertvollste Ressource. $ 25, um sich in einer tiefen, komplexen Welt zu verlieren, die für BeatMaking entwickelt wurde, ist für mich in meinen sinkenden Jahren nur eine Brücke zu weit. Plus ... Ich bevorzuge Musik ohne die offensichtliche Hilfe von Computern. Ich mag den Einsatz von Computern, um Menschen mit all ihren künstlerischen Tendenzen überzeugend zu simulieren.

NOTE: I do not speak or write in German. Google helps me function. Cut-n-Paste to:

https://google.com/search?q=google+translate&oq=google+translate&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0l4.3734j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• @McDtracy
    ¿La idea es petar el foro con comentarios en otros idiomas?
    Haber empezado por ahi...
    :trollface:

• @Dubbylabby said:
    @McDtracy

Sí. Pero solo en este hilo sin valor y para aplacar a @LinearLineMan hasta el 9/12.

and to practice using translation tools and comprehend the global nature of this forum.

Never forget you can avoid ANY thread by not following it.

• @McDtracy said:

@rs2000 said:

Englisch ist nicht schwieriger zu erlernen, als das Beste aus Beatmaker 3 herauszuholen

Ich habe dem Impuls, BeatMaker 3 zu kaufen, viele Male widerstanden. Die Zeit ist meine wertvollste Ressource. $ 25, um sich in einer tiefen, komplexen Welt zu verlieren, die für BeatMaking entwickelt wurde, ist für mich in meinen sinkenden Jahren nur eine Brücke zu weit. Plus ... Ich bevorzuge Musik ohne die offensichtliche Hilfe von Computern. Ich mag den Einsatz von Computern, um Menschen mit all ihren künstlerischen Tendenzen überzeugend zu simulieren.

NOTE: I do not speak or write in German. Google helps me function. Cut-n-Paste to:

https://google.com/search?q=google+translate&oq=google+translate&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0l4.3734j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

@McDtracy said:

@rs2000 said:

The translator is not accurate.

• @Cib said:

That's alright. In my case it might improve my message.

• @McDtracy said:

@Cib said:

That's alright. In my case it might improve my message.

Just kidding. The grammar sucks just....but my english for sure too ;)

• @McDtracy said:

@Dubbylabby said:
    @McDtracy

Sí. Pero solo en este hilo sin valor y para aplacar a @LinearLineMan hasta el 9/12.

and to practice using translation tools and comprehend the global nature of this forum.

Never forget you can avoid ANY thread by not following it.

Entendido!
    My english probably sucks too not like my perfect german speaking auch korse

• O-M-G... I just remember why I love IOS Apps over desktop apps.

The software purchase -> install -> LICENSE cycle which involves registering on 2-3 Web Sites to use your purchase.

I followed the @Lady_App_titude post to get a free version of Izotope Ozone Elements (a $129 value) and needed to buy something so I picked up SynthMaster Player for $4 for my Mac.

The world of product management on IOS is controlled and managed by the iTunes Store and just works (for a 30% management fee the developer effectively commits to).

On Mac OS X there are:
    License Managers (iLok in my case)
    License/Serial Numbers you get from creating Product Registrations with the Sellers and/or Product Makers

Anyone moving from IOS to Mac OS will find this whole process frustrating and (probably) unneccesary. Apple makes the IOS Devloper play by their rules or not get to play and OS X has to compete with Windows so they play by these Windows Software patterns.

It's not something I'll forget until the next time I buy something for the laptop and swear "Never again."

• MacOS has the exact same store that IOS has, and a lot of my software on MacOS has no licence manager or serial number, and i still prefer a serial number to a store where the developer can disappear and take away your ability to use the software you rented (App store)

• edited September 2018

The IOS store method only works because the vast majority of users seems not to be interested in tampering with the OS.
    Partly due to customer attitude, partly by the original ultra-low price philosophy.

In Windoze and even pre OSX versions of the MacOS it's a different story.
    The latter's protection schemes were easy to break, but it didn't matter too much.
    The majority of customers used to pay for software and a Pro Tools rig for hobby was't affordable anyway. The software required both processing cards and io-converters by Digidesign, an investment of at least $3 to $10k for an entry system.

Protection schemes in the PC world needed to grow with increasing talent of crackers.
    Today (regular !) sales-sites will deliver ANY software 'opened' for about one third of the regular price, including highly specialized industrial solutions.

The significance of the 'problem' becomes obvious in a case about Microsoft, where some of their system sounds were produced with a cracked version of an audio editor.
    The editor stamps files with the owner id which was the label of a well know cracker group.
    Afaik the generally estimated ratio is 1:100 for legal versus illegal copies.
    Btw the demo versus purchase ratio is below 5% in PC world.

That's why there are iLoks and cloud/abo solutions.
    It's not that bad if you compare the once regular challenge/response method of a simple serial number. I have several apps that can't be installed anymore because the makers went out of business. There won't be any responses for challenges...

Apple's price policy with Logic Pro is quite considerate imho, taking all this into account and setting an acceptable price tag.
    My main DAW (SAW-Studio) comes without any protection at all, the developer relies on his customers' honesty to not pass on copies - which obviously works for decades.
    Needless to mention it's a relatively high priced product - but there haven't been any update charges and it's totally convenient to use.

• @greengrocer said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:
    I don't really care about Logic, I still don't think traditional DAWs work on ipad (as in they are always inferior to desktop workflow) unless someone comes up with a different way.

I am more interested in Final Cut on an iPad though. I would use that. Lumafusion is pretty good but in need of lots of basic features to make it pro. I need a Pro video editor on ipad, so I'm hoping this will happen.

Agree/

I am literally don't have Cubasis or any DAW on 3 out of 4 of my iOS devices for that reason.

I find the whole premise for my approach to iOS music making that it wasn't using a LAPTOP OR DESKTOP!

Yeah, I think it would have to be a complete rewrite of Logic to make it work for Touch, but who knows? At least Apple have the resources so they could in theory make it work. Much harder for indie devs with limited resources :).

I find that things like the Circuit are really making me see things differently.

Curious why things like the Circuit are really making you see things differently. Please explain.

I myself was into getting iOS music with Cubasis etc. But all this Mac/ Windows based workflows are just a painful. I see iOS audio stuff nowadays more as sketch and fun tools rather than Pro and efficient tools for doing complete audio production. The best things for me are simple apps like TriqTraq or Nanoloop or the unique apps by Apesoft, Nadzharov and Vasiliev that let you do interesting things with live input.

For instance.

Last night I did a 1 song/jam type performance for a small intimate crowd.

I used one iPad to run vocals into.

I used one iPad for controlling AB REMOTE

I used one iPad for my Keys(Klev Tines x 2 + 1 Jussi) and Animoog into Loopy HD in AB2 with EXTERNAL AUDIO COMING IN FROM AUM w/ external mixer and interface.

I HAD THE CIRCUIT AND USED THAT FOR DRUMS and BASSLINE and ELECTRONIC PERC TYPE SOUNDS.

I didn't even use the MacBook stuff on Ableton I had cued and ready to be honest.

Never launched that.

What I mean is that CIRCUIT has lowered the onus of the iPads to provide all music and controls.

Less chance for issues, easier workflow.

The Cir to me gives better Punch for drums and live energy.

I find that drums on iOS often lack depth compared to hardware or even my MacBook running DJ software, ABLETON,, or Remix Live.

It is also to control MANY MORE things on Cir than iOS for me.

I can launch drums, or play single notes or chords with left hand while using right to control iPads, Midi keyboards, Launchpad Pro or other midi gear.

Nevermind the way it sequences if you want it to your iOS stuff.

Hope that helps.

• @mrcanister said:
    what i'd really like to see is a complete ban on...
    GAME CHANGER.

But doing that would change the game :D

• @u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

@u0421793 said:

@brambos said:

An iPad != Desktop …

Actually, I wouldn’t agree that they’re equal or equivalent. The fact that I can’t freely move something made in one app into any other app that uses the same type of thing – on the same machine – makes iOS far inferior to a laptop OS unless you stick to only using one app, like angry birds or something. I’m increasingly discovering that it wasn’t just Gadget audio into Auria Pro that can’t be done, there’s a dismaying array of apps that can’t inter operate with media created in another app on the same machine, when they clearly should be able to. If it is audio, any app capable of using audio must be able to accept audio freely and easily. If it is midi, the same. If it is pixel graphics, there’s no excuse for any graphics app to be able to read any others work. If it is vector graphics, they need to get their act together to allow inter operation, after all, there’s only a few ways to describe vector art, so it shouldn’t be impossible to interchange accurately. I expect any app that works with a certain type of work to be able to freely take it from any other app or give to any other app, without making it difficult to pass it on to another app. Going outside the iOS machine – halfway round the world through an independent proprietary cloud system – is unacceptable. It must work in an easy and not frustrating way. A laptop or desktop doesn’t have stupid arbitrary limitations like that, so an iPad mustn’t either. Hence, I disagree.

We agree. “!=“ means “is not equal to” :)

Really? Since when? I was taught at school that = meant equals.

Also, there’s a mistyped exclamation mark in there – obviously, grammatically it can only come at the end of the sentence. In recent decades, since the internet in fact, I’ve noticed a lot of people just allowing mistyped exclamation marks in the middle of sentences like that. It was irritating at first, now I just ignore it. It’s like when people just in the middle of a thread and for no apparent reason simply say the word “this”. It’s meaningless, and irritated the fuck out of me for a long time. Also, in recent years I’ve noticed a prevalence of idiots responding to threads all over the place (not necessarily here) replying to a person called ‘Jajaja’, but there’s no such person anywhere else on the thread, so they can fuck off, meaningless cretins. If it happens over and over and over like that, it just really pisses me off.

:D

• So, now we have to go to sleep only two times until the revealing of Logic Pro iOS, so happy :smiley:

• @MobileMusic said:

@qryss said:
    But it’ll have full emoji support.

Emojis are no fun without the (cough) revolutionary technological breakthroughs - Memojis and TONGUE DETECTION :neutral:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:
    What's the next rumour :D :D

My new music shed is turning me into a hippy!

Judging by the hangings, you are already a hippie :)

• @kinkujin said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

Sofa with pillows looks like a big happy dog🐶

This is the dogs sofa

A happy dog= A happy home🐶🏠

Wow man, that shed has really come a long way in a few days!

:D

• Late to the party but had a blast reading this :D

• Welcome aboard @AndyPlankton! You were missed! So far your posts have been neither meaningless nor meaningful. Perhaps you don't realize that we are playing a war game (changer) on Har- meggidon here on this very thread! The forces of Gog (meaningfulness😇) and MaGog (meaninglessness😈) are pitted equally against each other, it seems. Perhaps you are the game changer! In two days the iOS messiah may arrive. Will you be there to greet him (her, it) with empty hands like the rest of us vacuous vacuum packed devils such as the notorious @McDTracy, who has been speaking in tongues of late, here with MaGog in Our Detroit headquarters? Or will you prance with the sissies of Gog in Malibu, huzzahing, genuflecting and offering tidbits of meaning to the Cupertino hedgemon?

It is up to you now, Andy. You are late to the game, as you say, but you can save this meaningless thread! Cast your lot with Lot
    ( yes, he's here, too. Just asked for someone at the table to pass the salt) and bring home the anti matter bacon! And you might actually make the final down on the 15k goal for nonsensical reading material!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@greengrocer said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:
    I don't really care about Logic, I still don't think traditional DAWs work on ipad (as in they are always inferior to desktop workflow) unless someone comes up with a different way.

I am more interested in Final Cut on an iPad though. I would use that. Lumafusion is pretty good but in need of lots of basic features to make it pro. I need a Pro video editor on ipad, so I'm hoping this will happen.

Agree/

I am literally don't have Cubasis or any DAW on 3 out of 4 of my iOS devices for that reason.

I find the whole premise for my approach to iOS music making that it wasn't using a LAPTOP OR DESKTOP!

Yeah, I think it would have to be a complete rewrite of Logic to make it work for Touch, but who knows? At least Apple have the resources so they could in theory make it work. Much harder for indie devs with limited resources :).

I find that things like the Circuit are really making me see things differently.

Curious why things like the Circuit are really making you see things differently. Please explain.

I myself was into getting iOS music with Cubasis etc. But all this Mac/ Windows based workflows are just a painful. I see iOS audio stuff nowadays more as sketch and fun tools rather than Pro and efficient tools for doing complete audio production. The best things for me are simple apps like TriqTraq or Nanoloop or the unique apps by Apesoft, Nadzharov and Vasiliev that let you do interesting things with live input.

For instance.

Last night I did a 1 song/jam type performance for a small intimate crowd.

I used one iPad to run vocals into.

I used one iPad for controlling AB REMOTE

I used one iPad for my Keys(Klev Tines x 2 + 1 Jussi) and Animoog into Loopy HD in AB2 with EXTERNAL AUDIO COMING IN FROM AUM w/ external mixer and interface.

I HAD THE CIRCUIT AND USED THAT FOR DRUMS and BASSLINE and ELECTRONIC PERC TYPE SOUNDS.

I didn't even use the MacBook stuff on Ableton I had cued and ready to be honest.

Never launched that.

What I mean is that CIRCUIT has lowered the onus of the iPads to provide all music and controls.

Less chance for issues, easier workflow.

The Cir to me gives better Punch for drums and live energy.

I find that drums on iOS often lack depth compared to hardware or even my MacBook running DJ software, ABLETON,, or Remix Live.

It is also to control MANY MORE things on Cir than iOS for me.

I can launch drums, or play single notes or chords with left hand while using right to control iPads, Midi keyboards, Launchpad Pro or other midi gear.

Nevermind the way it sequences if you want it to your iOS stuff.

Hope that helps.

Certainly it helps. I understand your point and agree with bass/ drums and iOS not being that punchy even if you do some iOS in device saturation and eq. Thanks!

• All the rumors in one place.... plus the most startling non rumor of them all!!! No mention of the iPad. Period.

https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-xs-iphone-xc-2018-iphone-x-plus-release-date-launch-date-prices-specs-sept-12/

• @DMan said:

@Hmtx said:
    I do have one real complaint: try iPad multi-tasking while holding the iPad in portrait. When iOS 10 brought us "side-by-side multitasking" I dreamed of running 2 landscape apps, one on top of the other. imagine, MID sequencer up top, synth underneath!... no, not happening.
    Or this: a full-size movie on Netflix playing at the top of the screen while I browse AB forums... nope. why oh why is Apple making developers build their apps with support for 2732 v x 749 w . What app actually is functional in that way?

Anyway, I'll end my rant with this screenshot. Apple should be embarrassed.

[...]
    I came to look and see what kinds of speculation or solid evidence there is on logic on iOS and see you are watching my Loopy HD video in your screenshot, so I am amused.

Ha, I'm glad you noticed ;-) I figured in this thread of meaninglessness, everything has equal meaning. So if I'm going to bother to make a screenshot, I wanted to promote something I care about. I loved your recent outdoor NeoSoul jam, then went to your youtube channel to see a few other vids. Loopy HD is my all-time favorite iOS app. If I were to become a youtuber I would be doing live Loopy HD performances out under the blue sky. ...So I picked your Loopy video on YouTube while ranting about how awful iOS multitasking is.

• LATEST RUMOR! Unbelievable click bait ( ban on phrase click bait, please!) The founder of this meaningless rumor thread refuses to put it in discussion title, thereby losing at least 3k clicks.... but you, faithful viewer, get it free!

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/9/10/17841152/apple-ipad-pro-2018-usb-c-lightning-charger-rumor

• USB-C?
    Just shoot me now. Sometimes faster means you have to buy accessories again and backwards compatibility is a myth.

Someone talk me don’t wn from Jerry st tossing Apple products in the trash if they make big changes with letting us vote first!

I ho’s was ugh me!

Please reply in German thank ncrease the noise level to 11. I get an iTunes gift card if you e hit 20,000 views.

• @McDtracy said:
    USB-C?
    Just shoot me now. Sometimes faster means you have to buy accessories again and backwards compatibility is a myth.

Someone talk me don’t wn from Jerry st tossing Apple products in the trash if they make big changes with letting us vote first!

I ho’s was ugh me!

Please reply in German thank ncrease the noise level to 11. I get an iTunes gift card if you e hit 20,000 views.

@McDtracy said:
    USB-C?

I ho’s was ugh me!

Sorry. iPhones 5s from jail. Only 5 minutes to comment. Typos and spell check. No Ho’s!