Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• @Hmtx said:
    I do have one real complaint: try iPad multi-tasking while holding the iPad in portrait. When iOS 10 brought us "side-by-side multitasking" I dreamed of running 2 landscape apps, one on top of the other. imagine, MID sequencer up top, synth underneath!... no, not happening.
    Or this: a full-size movie on Netflix playing at the top of the screen while I browse AB forums... nope. why oh why is Apple making developers build their apps with support for 2732 v x 749 w . What app actually is functional in that way?

Anyway, I'll end my rant with this screenshot. Apple should be embarrassed.

I’ve never tried multi-tasking in portrait mode that is ridiculous. I’d be happy if we could just run any old app split screen like that. I mean my 12.9” iPad can surely handle two iPad mini screens worth in split screen without the app needing to be designed for that. The apps I have that can go split screen in any mode are limited, and it’s like 2 music apps..

I came to look and see what kinds of speculation or solid evidence there is on logic on iOS and see you are watching my Loopy HD video in your screenshot, so I am amused.

Logic on iOS? They almost get some things right with Garageband, so even if they release something called “Logic” and make it similar to Garageband but with proper features, I’d be happy. I mostly just do jams in AUM and haven’t been overly happy with any DAW on iOS. If they release Logic, I’ll hope for the best.

• edited September 2018

McDtracy that was a great response in the earlier thread.

I was also having a little fun - Thanks for the humor folks.

• Rumor on the Conspiracy:

It will take too long to implement "MUTE" so we're safe baring any "Gag Orders". Don't read any email and you can claim deniability but expect "Restraining Orders" as the escalation path.

We need a legal defense fund ASAP. This will end in the courts.
    I'll post a PayPal account soon. (Does PayPal work in iTunes?)

HOW MANY DAYS LEFT?

• @McDtracy asked poignantly, resorting to the last refuge of old men, capital letters: HOW MANY DAYS LEFT? Only the Bard has the answer....

Tomorrow, tomorrow and tomorrow creeps this petty pace from day to day... to the last syllable of recorded time.
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death.
    Out, out brief candle, life is but a walking shadow.!
    A poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more.
    It is a tale told by an idiot,
    Full of sound and fury... signifying NOTHING! ( the Bard was old, too, by the time he reached the end of this dreadful soliloquy and resorted to all caps).

Could the Bard have known about my meaningless thread when he wrote that hoary warning over three hundred years ago? Were Shakespeare and Nostradamus really one and the same? Were Lucy and Desi?

• I’ve been following this thread and it’s hilarious and speculative simultaneously!

Apple would not hire someone like sound test room to beta logic for iOS, they would require a professional producer to really test it out. Doug is a musician not a producer and not confidential. We all know about his private life and he has asked us for help many tines

Besides, if anyone was beta testing something by Apple, they would be under close scrutiny, so there would be no mention of the word “beta” coming from such a tester anyways

It is likely that Doug is testing blip interactive forthcoming app as the dev is smart and knows that many here will only by the app on his recommendation

What we do know is that nanostudio 2 is going to be the game changer that will rule the discussions here for months

What we do not know it wether logic will actually come to iOS, if it does then that’s great but it won’t be a game changer , it would merely be a scaled down version and just another way to host AUV3

GarageBand was not a game changer was it lol although it’s now a decent app and hosts AUV3

No app to date has rivalled ns1 for sequencing and fast intuitive workflow and Eden is still a legendary synth. What to speak of ns1 low storage and low cpu usage

Even if logic did come to iOS, nanostudio 2 would blow its socks of anyway and you wouldn’t need a friggin iPad Pro to run it lol

• If Logic makes into iOS, it would pour cold water on devs who wish to take their apps subscription model

• I forgot to say

What we don’t know is when the he’ll nanostudio 2 will come out lol

We already in September 2018 and it was supposed to be our end of last year?

Shows the dev is trying to tighten up the app as much as poss before release for max impact yay

• Apple bought NS2 dev and they worked together to bring the NS2-Logic-non-compact iOS version of the dream workflow DAW right on time to this keynote! Source... too much „no sleep“

• Maybe Doug has been testing Modstep2, perhaps it’s the fabeled iOS Ableton equivalent now that they are adding audio ???

• Matt Borstel (NanoStudio developer) seems to prefer beta test himself or just really good friends.
    So i guess the game changer is not Logic and not NS2. What else?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Maybe just buy Komplete on finance over 3 years and install 2 pieces per week?

Finally, a financial case that I can use to get the "good stuff" and show it's the responsible thing to do (assuming I would disclose how much money I have spent since getting the new iPad in May).

LOOK NEW IPAD COMING! THE ONE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE FIRST TIME.

• edited September 2018

@McDtracy said:
    LOOK NEW IPAD COMING! THE ONE I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE FIRST TIME.

If only Apple made touch-screen MacBooks like Surface, we don't need any iPads - just use the MacBooks for everything with desktop-class apps and raw power - use as a laptop or as a tablet with 10-hour battery. Because Surface is a success, Jobs was wrong about touch-screen laptops (just as he was wrong about the Pencil).

What's holding Apple from making touch-screen Macs - when they released the Pencil anyway?

• edited September 2018

Get advised by the BEST Reviewer on YouTube...

iPad Pro 2 (2017) — In-Depth Review — 10.5", 12.9" and 9.7" iPad Pro Comparison [4K]

Apple iPad Pro (10.5" vs 12.9"): Unboxing & Review

iPad Pro 10.5 Review - Apple Got It Right

2018 iPad vs iPad Pro 10.5 - Full Comparison

Apple iPad Pro 10.5" - My Experience!

Which 2017 iPad Pro is right for you? 10.5" vs 12.9"

More ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=iphonedo+ipad+pro

• @mindscaper said:
    I forgot to say

What we don’t know is when the he’ll nanostudio 2 will come out lol

We already in September 2018 and it was supposed to be our end of last year?

Shows the dev is trying to tighten up the app as much as poss before release for max impact yay

And for this you can take your Logic iOS and flush it. Give me Nano and stat. This is pretty much my most anticipated app.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:
    What's the next rumour :D :D

My new music shed is turning me into a hippy!

Someone can't get over finally having a shed! ;)

Enjoy, they are great! I've had mine (garage) for more than a year now and only now I'm managing to use it more regularly.

Beware though: sheds have the ability to end relationships, as well as save them. Use it wisely ;)

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:
    I think I found it, it's not Logic at all but iAbleton Live :D

I'm sure someone, somewhere is working on it already with a consignment date sometime when ipads have enough horsepower to run it reliably. That's pretty soon I think. 2 more gens?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@Arpseechord said:
    I hope Nike has sizes that small

Don’t even go there. Angry so called “patriots” in my country are none to happy with that brand atm...even burning their Nike gear in the streets. In protest...of protest!.lmfao.

Fucking weanies. :D Get this...they actually call people with opposing view “Snowflakes” for having delicate social ideology.lmfao

Promise I’m not even creative enough to make this shit up. Search the Googles if you don’t believe me.

I digress...back to ill-Logic(?)al rumor specs.lol

Even the slightest suggestion to “ Search the Googles” in my realm is unnecessarily cruel :)

Self fingering and google searching - this site gets more XXX by the day >:)

You started it with all this leg talk I mean mercy me! :)

Nerp! I most certainly will not accept any responsibility for the absurdity we’ve all been party too here. The culprits are clearly @LinearLineman and @Fruitbat1919

Well rumour threads do make me laugh - I’m still trying to figure out how to use a couple of hundred other apps I already own :p

Exactly, but we do love to add shiny new ones to the fold....it’s just the constant monitoring and repairs of the fence😃

I’m on the never ending hunt for a work flow on iOS. However hard I try, I’m always finding one annoying flaw. The closest I’ve come for myself so far was BM3, but bugs and trying to get my saves to reload ok after a restart of my iPad killed that for me.

Still considering adding hardware back into the equation, but that may be asking for more trouble lol

As long as you’re having fun though while you’re on the hunt albeit it’s not fun losing progress and saves :( Who knows how things will be affected by the next iOS and beyond
    Hardware has its issues too....oh well there’s always fishing

I do think my Air2 is probably getting a bit long in the tooth for too many more iOS updates. As it is, the latest iOS requires plenty of settings turned off to work OK.....yeah always fishing!

My iPad mini retina is still working lol
    Time for a device refresh🙊🙉🤑🤑🤑🤑
    Or second option go fishing🐟🐠🐙

Yeah tell my wife I need an iPad Pro :D

Use reverse psychology 🧠😀

I tried - we ended up with a new sofa thoughj :D

Now you have the sofa it is clearly the time for pro.

• @pauly
    Just (started) importing those Model 15 patches from Dropbox. Seven patches, seven operations to import each one - using IOS. That's 49 operations, compared to one (drag and drop) using a mouse.

@pauly most of those are banks of sounds.. the 5 banks I’ve put up each have 40 sounds.. so that’s 200 sounds you get from 5 imports..

• @supadom said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@hansjbs said:
    What's the next rumour :D :D

My new music shed is turning me into a hippy!

Someone can't get over finally having a shed! ;)

Enjoy, they are great! I've had mine (garage) for more than a year now and only now I'm managing to use it more regularly.

Beware though: sheds have the ability to end relationships, as well as save them. Use it wisely ;)

With great shed comes great responsibility :D

• @Dawdles said:

@McDtracy said:

@Dawdles said:
    Gotta shop around ;) Desktop is no more expensive than iOS. Cheaper in fact. Except for 1:1 ports like Fabfilter.

I don't think I should shop. I'm having trouble keeping my iTunes spend under control. But I did buy a lot of desktop add-ons and I tend to want the best sample based instruments: PianoTeq for example. I settle for Addictive Keys to get a Rhodes added to some decent Pianos for around $80. PianoTeq starts at $129 and requires another $59 to add a Rhodes. When I look towards Orchestras it only gets more expensive.

I might go back to Logic and use the iPad as a sound module.

Maybe just buy Komplete on finance over 3 years and install 2 pieces per week? works out around same as ios prices when you break it down to apps and sample library IAP ;) plus 100s of free Kontakt instruments, free reaktor stuff etc....

Komplete is the best value software I’ve ever bought. I got the upgrade in the sales last year, from the basic/free version that came with my Mikro for £149.

Can’t remember the figures exactly now, I worked it out at the time, but it was something like two quid for each thing. So two quid for Absynth, for example. Made £20 Korg apps look expensive in comparison.

And once a week I visit the community Reaktor site and download a bunch of new, free sample, rhythm, synth ensembles etc.

• @Dawdles said:
    Totally! Confuses me why we still have the ‘ios Is cheap. Desktop is expensive’ conversation come up. It’s just not the case, unless you choose it to be ;)

Where should I look for the cheaper Desktop software?

@Lady_App_titude recommended Plug-in Boutique and I jumped on that to get iZotope Ozone Elements for free. I got the Hybrid and VacuumPro Synths for free. I grabbed Reason Lite for free.
    Of course, "free" usually means giving them an email to keep selling (or trying to) more stuff. I have practically stopped reading email at all.

I think I like having the iPad in the music rack of my Casio and how clean the whole layout is to quickly make projects. It's just the more complex projects start to show the limitations of IOS for doing complex editing tasks.

I should combine them.

• @Dawdles said:

@McDtracy said:

@Dawdles said:
    Totally! Confuses me why we still have the ‘ios Is cheap. Desktop is expensive’ conversation come up. It’s just not the case, unless you choose it to be ;)

Where should I look for the cheaper Desktop software?

@Lady_App_titude recommended Plug-in Boutique and I jumped on that to get iZotope Ozone Elements for free. I got the Hybrid and VacuumPro Synths for free. I grabbed Reason Lite for free.
    Of course, "free" usually means giving them an email to keep selling (or trying to) more stuff. I have practically stopped reading email at all.

I think I like having the iPad in the music rack of my Casio and how clean the whole layout is to quickly make projects. It's just the more complex projects start to show the limitations of IOS for doing complex editing tasks.

I should combine them.

Daw/modular -
    VCVrack
    Reaper
    Bandlab Cakewalk

Fx -
    Tbh most of my fx plugins aren’t super cheap but I’m sure if you google ‘freeware vst fx’ there’ll be tons and many that are comparable in quality to iOS.
    Also VCVrack can be used as fx. And Klanghelm make some great affordable plugins - https://klanghelm.com/contents/main.php

Instruments -
    IIRC you get a free version of Kontakt? And there are hundreds of very useable free instruments floating around online. I grabbed a ton of free strings, brass and oddities recently. Mostly very good. Just google ‘free Kontakt + ‘whatever sound you’re looking for’ ;)

I don’t have many super cheap synths or know what’s out there but I’m sure there are loads of decent/interesting freeware stuff and some £15/£20 ios type price ones too. Google is your friend ;) And again, you can build and save almost any kind of synth etc you want in VCV rack for free if push comes to shove... I HEAVILY recommend buying Repro-5 and/or omnisphere if you can swing it tho. There’s not much else you’d ever really need and they sound incredible... Omnisphere looks expensive on paper but its huge and covers almost every sound you might amass after buying tons of synths in iOS over a couple of years..

Drums - can’t remember where but there’s a free download floating around that has samples from hundreds of drum machines. Shouldn’t be too hard to track down. And there are loads of other free drum machine sample packs people have made scattered online too...

World’s your oyster ;)

Thanks. That should keep me busy!

• edited September 2018

The tool I used back in the day to find free and cheap software. Hit the search at right top.
    https://www.kvraudio.com/

• edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Dawdles said:

@McDtracy said:

@Dawdles said:
    Gotta shop around ;) Desktop is no more expensive than iOS. Cheaper in fact. Except for 1:1 ports like Fabfilter.

I don't think I should shop. I'm having trouble keeping my iTunes spend under control. But I did buy a lot of desktop add-ons and I tend to want the best sample based instruments: PianoTeq for example. I settle for Addictive Keys to get a Rhodes added to some decent Pianos for around $80. PianoTeq starts at $129 and requires another $59 to add a Rhodes. When I look towards Orchestras it only gets more expensive.

I might go back to Logic and use the iPad as a sound module.

Maybe just buy Komplete on finance over 3 years and install 2 pieces per week? works out around same as ios prices when you break it down to apps and sample library IAP ;) plus 100s of free Kontakt instruments, free reaktor stuff etc....

Komplete is the best value software I’ve ever bought. I got the upgrade in the sales last year, from the basic/free version that came with my Mikro for £149.

Can’t remember the figures exactly now, I worked it out at the time, but it was something like two quid for each thing. So two quid for Absynth, for example. Made £20 Korg apps look expensive in comparison.

And once a week I visit the community Reaktor site and download a bunch of new, free sample, rhythm, synth ensembles etc.

You have to compare desktop/ios apps on a similiar scale of innovation, sophistication and marketing.
    NI and Waves shell out stuff that's practically available for free on the net.
    Main developement costs have been compensated ages ago.
    Probably 90% of their developement efforts falls into the service category of patching due to OS changes.
    This 'model' mainly works for Waves got a reputation from those 'good old days' and NI would likely be broke if they hadn't their Kontakt cashcow. ;)
    But of course the desktop market (in general) didn't ignore the appstore model either...

• Well, we have reached the 10k hit mark with no end in sight. However, as founder of this meaningless rumor thread I have to again remind members that their attempts to imbue this thread with meaning are of no avail. All the @Telefunky's, @Dawdles and @McDTracy's (McD, I am surprised at you... Leaving off your great conspiracy work, which showed so much promise here, for maudlin freebies and sweaty, mouse driven workflows.
    Tsk, tsk... There was greatness there once) can not budge the incomprehensible gravitas of a @Fruitbat1919 's monomaniacal shed obsession and how such miasmic, fantasies of devotion lift all our boats to new levels of meaningless expostulations such as: "With great sheds come great responsibilities!".
    Can one ever hope to reach such nihilistic milestones ever again? We can only try .

So, my friends, there are still THREE DAYS LEFT! Those mentioned above, I beg you to return to the fold that has spawned you. Majestic vistas of absolutely nothing await you if you do. The CCI is rumored to be merging with the ICC with the CIC in the middle! McD could have alerted us to this approaching rumatic apocalypse but did he? Sadly, no. His grey matter is awash with thoughts of free vsts. The desperate search for desktop truth is a myth, my friend. Eldorados of meaningless meanings have loosened your support beams and threaten to unhinge you. Return to the womb of the CCICICICC. Spiritual refreshment awaits you. The other path is mute... I mean moot.