Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• At first I thought it was a coffee cup.....I was like oh no...BO................but its not.

Check out vid.

I thought it was interesting to be honest.

• edited September 2018

Nice but ... it's windows 10 .. so no way for me ... Had six months installed Windows 10 on my cryptomining rigs and it was terribly painfull experience .. can't imagine use that crap OS for music making, essential evil.

• Doesn’t look very comfortable to use…

Why not use the touchsreen, that’s the whole point of using a tablet right? Otherwise better use a laptop…

• edited September 2018

@dendy said:
    Nice but ... it's windows 10 .. so no way for me ... Had six months installed Windows 10 on my cryptomining rigs and it was terribly painfull experience .. can't imagine use that crap OS for music making, essential evil.

So exaggerating!! Windows 10 is not that crap. I’m an IT worker and can assure you only real issue with W10 is with big updates. But you can manage them manually with gpedit.msc. It’s a stable platform once tweaked a little bit, this is what you have to do for every advanced computer use IMO. Oldest troll of all time, PC vs MAC. At least Windows tablets have full featured DAWs.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2018

Right now, it's actually surprisingly difficult to find a modern OS that is close to perfect for an efficient working environment...

• Windows 7: Good overall, but soon abandoned. Outdated UI.
    • Windows 10: Has all this online / ad / phone home stuff, seems good otherwise
    • Ubuntu Linux etc.: Too many rough edges and hardware compatibility and software availability issues, but nicely customizable
    • macOS: inefficient UI/UX, unstable and slow

Time to start working on "SystemSeven" ;)

• edited September 2018

We can imagine the same kind of device with bluetooth connection on ipad. There is already Rotor and its pods, but they have to be put on the screen. This thing opens much better perspectives.

I also wonder if leapmotion device could be connected into iOS. Would enable to play music in thin air.

• @SevenSystems said:
    Right now, it's actually surprisingly difficult to find a modern OS that is close to perfect for an efficient working environment...

• Ubuntu Linux etc.: Too many rough edges and hardware compatibility and software availability issues, but nicely customizable

Great idea. In the mean time however, could I bug you for a feature request:

Please consider putting a time line graphic above the onscreen keyboards in Xequence - sometimes I really need to know where I am in the tune as I’m playing live section :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Please consider putting a time line graphic above the onscreen keyboards in Xequence - sometimes I really need to know where I am in the tune as I’m playing live section :)

Yeah, I've wished for that a few times too... for the "record": if you have the song loop enabled, you can actually see the position in the loop, there's a little progress bar at the bottom of the loop menu button in the top toolbar...

But let's not detail the thread any further. I'm a good forum citizen B)

• @SevenSystems said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@SevenSystems said:

Yeah, I've wished for that a few times too... for the "record": if you have the song loop enabled, you can actually see the position in the loop, there's a little progress bar at the bottom of the loop menu button in the top toolbar...

But let's not detail the thread any further. I'm a good forum citizen B)

I have donned my pirate costume, so thread piracy is to be expected :D

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:

Yay +1 on Systemseven!!
    Please clone yourself and open time.zip!!! :D

Windows 7 was really stable and mature. Windows 10 is also more ressources intensive and works better with better CPU. Older machines with W10 is often not a good match. Also SSD is more than suitable for everyday use, but it is also very recommended for music production.

Windows tablets are interesting, but I feel it can be quite difficult to use with Ableton Live. This is what still brakes me at this time, as I don’t want to learn another whole DAW workflow, but Bitwig seems to be a very nice touchscreen experience.

• @Janosax said:

@dendy said:

So exaggerating!! Windows 10 is not that crap. I’m an IT worker and can assure you only real issue with W10 is with big updates. But you can manage them manually with gpedit.msc. It’s a stable platform once tweaked a little bit, this is what you have to do for every advanced computer use IMO. Oldest troll of all time, PC vs MAC. At least Windows tablets have full featured DAWs.

The latest update installs software that stops people disabling updates, it is a lot more involved now than just editing group policies, there is a lot of discussion about this on various music making boards and developers boards, we are already starting to see a trickle of extra support from developers for Linux as a nice consequence.

The last two big updates of Windows have been absolutely terrible for professional users, I work in audio IT and we are seeing a lot of customers wanting to downgrade to Windows 7, unfortunately it really is a downgrade with the latest hardware, right now there are two trains of thought, Clean install every big update or have the computer offline, and that is ridiculously enough exactly what people did with Win 98.
    It is like some peverse MS twenty year celebration, hopefully they get over the joke soon and give us a post update usable OS, rather than leaving more than half their users in 100% activity hell after each big update.

• edited September 2018

@Turntablist said:

@Janosax said:

@dendy said:

The latest update installs software that stops people disabling updates, it is a lot more involved now than just editing group policies, there is a lot of discussion about this on various music making boards and developers boards, we are already starting to see a trickle of extra support from developers for Linux as a nice consequence.

The last two big updates of Windows have been absolutely terrible for professional users, I work in audio IT and we are seeing a lot of customers wanting to downgrade to Windows 7, unfortunately it really is a downgrade with the latest hardware, right now there are two trains of thought, Clean install every big update or have the computer offline, and that is ridiculously enough exactly what people did with Win 98.
    It is like some peverse MS twenty year celebration, hopefully they get over the joke soon and give us a post update usable OS, rather than leaving more than half their users in 100% activity hell after each big update.

GPO Windows update manual control still works on my W10 Pro laptop, that’s strange as I’ve done latest updates too. I just set automatic Windows update GPO to disabled.

It’s in french on my site but this is basically what I do:

https://www.mediacareservices.fr/2018/03/20/desactiver-les-mises-a-jour-de-windows-10-professionnel/

• Just wait, you will see it magically re-enable.

• edited September 2018

@Turntablist said:
    Just wait, you will see it magically re-enable.

Still disabled after one month, will wait a bit more. Have worked well for two years.

• Must just be my imagination, sorry about that.

• Regarding "Take Windows 10 computer offline": wouldn't it be enough to just block DNS lookups of *.microsoft.com or *.windowsupdate.com or whatever MS uses nowadays?

• @Turntablist said:
    Must just be my imagination, sorry about that.

I don’t say it’s your « imagination », just strange I didn’t have the issue yet.

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    Regarding "Take Windows 10 computer offline": wouldn't it be enough to just block DNS lookups of *.microsoft.com or *.windowsupdate.com or whatever MS uses nowadays?

Unfortunately most of our customers are Studios and Musicians, turn off Wifi is acceptable, anything else garners distant stares and mouth breathing haha.
    But i am not sure that would actually work anyway to be honest.

• After finally migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I need to say, that it's great!
    Realy.

Not sure which problems you may had, @dendy

Only thing that is crap, is the remote control of updates and the automatic reboots.
    Those can easily control those with blocking some Microsoft domains in your router.

• I switched to Linux (Debian ) some years ago and never looked back ....

• Also, I find it’s needed to update the GPO or it will not works.

Another way of disabling windows update with services and metering connection. This guy also made Switch10 but I haven’t tested it:

https://www.rizonesoft.com/disable-windows-10-updates-anniversary-update/

• @SevenSystems said:

I've been working with Linux for a while now, and there aren't really any rough edges anymore. Everything works great! I'm using it with a native version of Reaper. There is one downside though, and it is a big one--very few native plugins--very few! However, with the current capability of WINE, almost all Windows audio apps work without problems--even the ones using PACE or iLOK. I'd sure like to see some growth in native apps though....

• @AudioJunkie you must have been very lucky then, or I have a very bad "aura" for Linux... here's the "issue log" of my last "Linux Mint as a serious Desktop" attempt:

http://seven.systems/linux-mint.txt

(it's far too long to post in a forum, hence the link!)

• edited September 2018

@Audiojunkie said:

@SevenSystems said:

I've been working with Linux for a while now, and there aren't really any rough edges anymore. Everything works great! I'm using it with a native version of Reaper. There is one downside though, and it is a big one--very few native plugins--very few! However, with the current capability of WINE, almost all Windows audio apps work without problems--even the ones using PACE or iLOK. I'd sure like to see some growth in native apps though....

macOS takes about 3-4 week’s to get used to it’s UI and nerdy keyboard shortcuts and after that, you’ll never go back to anything else. It is actually faster than windows and beautiful. It is stable and runs for months without a restart. MacBooks last for years. For graphics, audio, video editing and students there is no better o/s. For kids who keep downloading malicious software, macOS is the best (happened in my kid’s case who ruined his windows laptop beyond repair - once on MacOS, no issues). And there is no equivalent ecosystem on windows. Since macOS is built on top of Unix it is the best of both worlds for web development. Been on macOS since 2007 and couldn’t be happier. At work, I use W10 but I liked windows 8.

• @SevenSystems said:
    @AudioJunkie you must have been very lucky then, or I have a very bad "aura" for Linux... here's the "issue log" of my last "Linux Mint as a serious Desktop" attempt:

http://seven.systems/linux-mint.txt

(it's far too long to post in a forum, hence the link!)

Ah! That's quite a list! I've experienced many of those issues myself. I guess I need to clarify my comment a bit. :smile: My comment on my fairly trouble-free experiences with Linux audio were specifically referencing the usage of the DAW and synthesizers. Everything beyond that (including everything you mentioned) was outside of the scope of my comment's intent. I was specifically referring to my experience of using the DAW and plugins within Linux.

In other words, once I've waded deeply through the setup and configuration process, spent hours to days researching how to set up or configure things, it works really great! Using Reaper in Linux is just as easy as using it in Windows, and just as stable (as far as I've experienced). However, I have a long list of notes that I've taken on what steps I need to take to get my system configured and ready for usage. :smile: So, in that sense, there are definitely rough edges in Linux (I'm still struggling with them.)--I just didn't feel like there were rough edges in the DAW usage once everything was properly set up. I was solely referring to the usage experience of using a Linux DAW after it has been properly configured. Does that make sense? :smile:

• edited September 2018

@Audiojunkie haha yes, makes sense, definitely. I actually have another list that describes all the odd steps I had to take to make the system roughly usable, so... cheers!! ;)

etc. :)

• @MobileMusic said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@SevenSystems said:

macOS takes about 3-4 week’s to get used to it’s UI and nerdy keyboard shortcuts and after that, you’ll never go back to anything else. It is actually faster than windows and beautiful. It is stable and runs for months without a restart. MacBooks last for years. For graphics, audio, video editing and students there is no better o/s. For kids who keep downloading malicious software, macOS is the best (happened in my kid’s case who ruined his windows laptop beyond repair - once on MacOS, no issues). And there is no equivalent ecosystem on windows. Since macOS is built on top of Unix it is the best of both worlds for web development. Been on macOS since 2007 and couldn’t be happier. At work, I use W10 but I liked windows 8.

I've always been short on the cash needed to keep up a macOS lifestyle. Hehehe!! :smiley: That's probably the biggest reason I use my iPhone and not an iPad (my job requires that I have a phone, so I have one). Linux is free and doesn't have the corporate big brother attitude, which is probably the big reason why I prefer it. But I don't really have a loyalty to any OS. I work in IT and have enough experience with each of the main OSes to know that they each have their strengths and weaknesses. The ideal solution would be to have an OS that contains the polish and ease of use of the MacOS, the application and industry compatibility/acceptance of Windows, with the freedom, flexibility and cost of Linux.

• And while I'm at it, I need to say that a lot of things in Linux is poorly documented (or even undocumented). That make it really hard to get things working. :smile: