Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• edited September 2018

Sold 👏

• Whoa, super fun!

• Looks rad !... iia or au??
    Can you change the sounds

• edited September 2018

There’s midi out. (And JSON for web stuff?)

• edited September 2018

It’s cool & fun, but I’m getting a lot of crashing on iPad Pro.

iPhone install seems rock solid.

I’m pretty sure it just launched, so definitely worth $1 gamble. It’s pretty intuitive and fun :)

Edit: deleted & reinstall on iPad. Much better. No crashing & midi out works nicely

• Only Standalone atm, no IAA or AU

• That feature list is pretty damn impressive :)

• Fun but puzzling :)

• Grabbed it and will play at lunch. Cheaper than a cuppa.

• @greengrocer said:
    Video please

Add me on for that. Will get popcorn etc.

• This looks really interesting!

@greengrocer said:
    Video please

+1. Sir Doug, I summon thee!!

• spent two seconds with it on break ... simple to get going. Looks like fun.

• I picked it up and realized that while it indeed is cool, it’s not really my thing. But it sure looks like a contender for those who need this sort of thing

• Ahhh gotta work through lunch ....

• Got crashes while selecting drum samples while playing, consistently three times. Gave up after the 3rd one. Moved on ...

• No crashes here. Just fun.

• @rrc2soft said:
    This looks really interesting!

@greengrocer said:
    Video please

+1. Sir Doug, I summon thee!!

Need special spell or chant or something...

• @CracklePot said:
    No crashes here. Just fun.

I like it too. Still getting an occasional crash, but I think it’s related to just one of the instruments when I’m playing a sequence and changing instruments on a given track.

The Cumbia Percussion instrument might be the culprit, but not certain.

Still, it’s a fresh release and good fun. No regret. :)

• edited September 2018

Does this have sample import, didn’t see in the description?
    But it does sa “homage organic samples” which tells me that this person understands the need for sample import... 🤞

• Midi out, each channel can have a different midi channel, universal, fun. Yes.

• Pure wow. Praying for export / IAA and more sounds. UI is masterful.

• @Proppa said:
    Pure wow. Praying for export / IAA and more sounds. UI is masterful.

Are you enjoying it on the iPad or on the phone?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

Only iPhone so far JGY. Perfect balance of option/restraint and making our toddler waddle-dance t'boot.

• @Proppa said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

Only iPhone so far JGY. Perfect balance of option/restraint and making our toddler waddle-dance t'boot.

Thanks. I have to take the Big Toddler out later to film in a parking lot for an hour (long story) and this looks like it will be my in-car-while-waiting entertainment....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

Thanks. I have to take the Big Toddler out later to film in a parking lot for an hour (long story) and this looks like it will be my in-car-while-waiting entertainment....

I can't imagine a better place to put your Good Parenting Patience focus than making polyrhythmic microrhythms.

PS you (and all) may know this but one can tap-switch Projects without losing the beat. Sort of a manual quasi-Pattern Chain thing especially fun for hearing copied+modified sections mutate.

• @Proppa said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Proppa said:

I can't imagine a better place to put your Good Parenting Patience focus than making polyrhythmic microrhythms.

PS you (and all) may know this but one can tap-switch Projects without losing the beat. Sort of a manual quasi-Pattern Chain thing especially fun for hearing copied+modified sections mutate.

I did NOT know that, so thank you. Truth is I know nothing about the app, but I am trying to develop a love for a very few melody or beat writing apps that are effective on the phone. With school back in session I am spending a fair amount of time in the driver's seat and while I've always been an iPad fellow, I want to make the most of the time etc...starts tonight :)

• Hi everyone! I made it here finally. Okay:

• Video: https://rosano.ca/sonogrid
    • Sample import: I wanted to make a separate app that does both sample management and audio synthesis (sonogrid would be for rhythm, and for instruments/sound the other one), but I might do a basic sampler later on.
    • Link/Audiobus/IAA/AU/Export audio/fancy stuff: I want to do all of it, but the app is written with MusicSequence so I will have to write my own sequencer first, and I'm probably not as experienced with audio development as most of you, so give me some time 😋
    • Crashing on instrument change: It's not a particular instrument but some mysterious thing with AudioUnits. I believe this happens because technically you're not supposed to set kAUSamplerProperty_LoadInstrument while there are notes being played, but even if I am not playing it still crashes, sometimes, randomly - there are days when I can change the instruments willy nilly while playing back something with tons of notes and the app doesn't flinch and there are days when starting the app and changing the instrument crashes every time without even starting playback - I imagine this is also something that will be resolved once I move away from Apple's APIs and write my own sequencer (maybe with AudioKit or ?).
    • Parenting with sonogrid: this why we're here - start them early.
    • Much love to all of you for finding the app (how??) and trying it out and sharing your feedback 🙌🏽

Rosano