Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Denzkps said:
    When?
    When AU3 will work normally with Auria?

They're releasing a new update (which is in beta status I believe) which fixed the issue.

When are the sound pack IAPs going to be availible? I have been holding off on getting apps in anticipation of them. I cant help but think this would have made a huge difference in the perception of the product.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Denzkps said:
    When?
    When AU3 will work normally with Auria?

They're releasing a new update (which is in beta status I believe) which fixed the issue.

When are the sound pack IAPs going to be availible? I have been holding off on getting apps in anticipation of them. I cant help but think this would have made a huge difference in the perception of the product.

As confirmed by @kv331audio earlier, sound pack IAPs will be available in Sep along with a new update that includes Ratings, etc. (hopefully along with the suggested new Bookmarks feature as well)

• IAPs, ratings, bookmarks, bank features. all scheduled. I hope we'll find the time to implement those while working towards SynthMaster 3 :)

IAPs, ratings, bookmarks, bank features. all scheduled. I hope we'll find the time to implement those while working towards SynthMaster 3 :)

Again....Cubasis, any progress?

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, after looking at the sale figures through July, we decided to permanently drop the price of SynthMaster One to $19.99. We hope that this will make it more "competitive", because based on low sales figures for the past couple of weeks er decided that $24.99 is not the right price point.

No offence but it has a lot of things about it that bug me that you don’t find on any other synths in this iOS price bracket. Things like changing the lfo or filter etc not taking effect until you press another key...some pretty significant fundamental ‘oddities’... maybe can raise the price again after it’s all fixed? I’ve personally only used it for a few hours since purchase down to its ‘quirks’ and not sure I’d buy it again in its current state at £25, so maybe £20 will work out better for you.

A synth this good will not go abandoned or unresolved of all the reported issues. We've seen how much it was improved in just a couple of weeks recently (with community involvement) and turned into a usable app squashing some pain-points. Any other dev would have taken ages or ignored many bug reports. We know it has some issues and it's just a matter of a little more time before the issues are resolved. @kv331audio_bulent said he would release new update in Sep which is when I think he is going to be able to focus back on this app due to other preoccupations. Let's wait - we won't be disappointed!

IAPs, ratings, bookmarks, bank features. all scheduled. I hope we'll find the time to implement those while working towards SynthMaster 3 :)

I do want to throw you gobs more money.

(I think iOS users (not neccessarily the average AB forum user) tend to lean heavily towards the preset tweaker end of the spectrum as opposed to hardcore synth programmer. )

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles said:

@mAxjUlien said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, after looking at the sale figures through July, we decided to permanently drop the price of SynthMaster One to $19.99. We hope that this will make it more "competitive", because based on low sales figures for the past couple of weeks er decided that $24.99 is not the right price point.

This isn’t good news. I hope those sales figures improve drastically as SM1, for me, is the best Synth on the platform. I get it had bugs and a shaky launch but if there isn’t enough support and discernment for truly great Pro Audio...this platform is doomed for serious music makers.

It’s definitely one of the best featured synths on the platform. But I guess the best synth is the one that someone reaches for most often and ‘wants’ to explore. For a few reasons I just haven’t gelled with this yet :(

It will become one soon! As a software developer myself, I have the experience to easily identify which apps are well-designed from ground up, have the potential to sustain and the promise to become successful. I can say SM1 is ready to be ported to a mobile phone app with not much effort involved. A well-designed app goes a long way. The dev has already proved himself by being responsive to our several reported issues which is very rare. He just confirmed even the new Bookmarks featured is roadmapped! How many devs would consider that? Only an experienced dev in UI/UX knows the value of useful suggestions that help with workflow.

• edited July 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Me too really hope that every, I mean every user on iPad that are intrested in music making is buying your app, Synthmaster One!
    Can’t imagine their will be any other synth sounding better than this beast!

And, we need both amateur developers and like you guys, PRO developers on this platform!

May all sales luck come true!

SM1's design and layout is highly optimal and well thought out and well-designed from the ground up - based on how much content and controls dev squeezed into a single screen nicely - porting an entire desktop VST into a usable iOS mobile app as-is. There may not be another synth on iOS as optimal and replete as SM1 coming from a highly experienced developer (except for SynthMaster 2 or 3). SM1 has the potential to replace Animoog wavetable synth!

For its optimal layout and powerful features, SynthMaster One aptly deserves the Apple Design Award!

• edited July 2018

@brice said:
    Again....Cubasis, any progress?

Neither us nor Steinberg can reproduce that issue. So, we can not fix it... I tested on iPad Air, iPad Air2, iPad Pro 11.7 1st Gen, iPad Pro 11.7 2nd gen, iPad Pro 10.7 but no luck. It works in all cases.

I'd agree - we're pretty spoilt for good iOS synths these days, so there's a lot of competition. To make an impact new synths need to bring something unique to the table, or be at a price we can't resist. Just looking at a few demo vids of SynthMaster One and it does look and sound very nice.

@kinkujin said:

I think consumers (on this platform) will need to get used to paying more for all of this R&D from the developers and years of work. Or it may be relegated to hobbyist developers.

I can't see that happening, we've had loads of new and updated top class music apps this year so far, one of the best years I can remember for good stuff. But put up prices and sales will drop - consumers only have a certain amount of cash to play with, so if prices rise they'll just buy fewer apps - or stick to the cheap ones.

• edited July 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

I'd agree - we're pretty spoilt for good iOS synths these days, so there's a lot of competition. To make an impact new synths need to bring something unique to the table, or be at a price we can't resist. Just looking at a few demo vids of SynthMaster One and it does look and sound very nice.

@kinkujin said:

I think consumers (on this platform) will need to get used to paying more for all of this R&D from the developers and years of work. Or it may be relegated to hobbyist developers.

I can't see that happening, we've had loads of new and updated top class music apps this year so far, one of the best years I can remember for good stuff. But put up prices and sales will drop - consumers only have a certain amount of cash to play with, so if prices rise they'll just buy fewer apps - or stick to the cheap ones.

I think the various iOS 'quirks' are really what keep people still seeing the platform as 'budget' and in my opinion, rightfully so. 'Files' is a good start but it clearly needs more evolution or an audio player app that can let you play directly from 'Files' and highlight 'open in' ranges to other apps etc without having to copy the file first etc.

Anyway, more to the point of this thread... Apple, lift the AU 360meg limit - infuriating that this is a problem. In BM3 I can get a half dozen instances of a supremely kick ass AU synth (we know the one), be getting my groove on, then when I go to load the song it just crashes and/or everything is blank (not pointing fingers as it is clearly not the various devs faults).

• consumers only have a certain amount of cash to play with, so if prices rise they'll just buy fewer apps - or stick to the cheap ones.

That may be so, but it's hard to be in business when there is more and more pressure to lower price or to keep prices low. At some point, the business person has to say, am I in this for charity (not a bad motivation if that's what you're into) or to make money, and maybe a comfortable living? I know of what I speak. I would imagine, you'd have to sell a slew of $2.99 apps to pay for insurance these days.

• edited July 2018

@kinkujin said:
    consumers only have a certain amount of cash to play with, so if prices rise they'll just buy fewer apps - or stick to the cheap ones.

That may be so, but it's hard to be in business when there is more and more pressure to lower price or to keep prices low. At some point, the business person has to say, am I in this for charity (not a bad motivation if that's what you're into) or to make money, and maybe a comfortable living? I know of what I speak.

App prices have always been lower than desktop, that’s the payoff for the platforms‘quirks’ we all face, mentioned by Gus above. However in the case of some apps, Gadget for example, they’re comparable - and sometimes higher than desktop - since the App Store doesn’t support upgrade discounting.

Bear in mind app developers don’t have to maintain and promote their own ecommerce website. There’s no issues of stock control, shipping, or customer returns - everything is handled by Apple. For a price, but it’s cheaper for smaller developers than doing it themselves.

Whether a dev sells ten copies, or ten thousand copies of an app - there’s no change in costs to them, so selling cheap won’t make a difference to their production costs. This allows them to try out different prices without cost, and see what brings in the best return.

At the end of the day most tech businesses will get hit at some point by competition pricing, and have to adapt to survive. I run a web design company, and we’ve been hit by cheapo diy sites like Wix. I’m on 75% less this year compared to a few years ago. But that’s business, you work out a new plan and carry on.

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:

In iOS land this part seems key. So many other developers have almost great apps (Blocs wave, Groovebox etc) then transition into sample providers. This app is already great, pump out some packs and my guess is the numbers will go up.

• @kv331audio: I have bought SM1 on OSX/Win already and would appreciate some kind of crossgrade price for the iOS version. Any plans?

• @akeia said:
    @kv331audio: I have bought SM1 on OSX/Win already and would appreciate some kind of crossgrade price for the iOS version. Any plans?

Unfortunately that's not possible since Apple controls the AppStore and they do not allow coupons.

• edited July 2018

@kv331audio_bulent, it's important to emphasize and refine the features of SM1 that make it unique in a very crowded marketplace. Lowering the price to $19.99 USD makes sense, but enhancing it's amazing value also will increase sales and reputation.

I purchased SM1 for Desktop (Mac) because I knew the iOS version was in the works. I am still waiting for the cross-platform workflow to live up to its potential (syncing presets folder with iCloud, so no need for import/export between devices). As a live performer who wants access to presets used in my recordings (or to presets edited on Desktop), a seamless workflow promises to take an already powerful synth engine to the next level for usability/versatility. This is something very special!

• @rtuckr said:
    @kv331audio_bulent, it's important to emphasize and refine the features of SM1 that make it unique in a very crowded marketplace. Lowering the price to $19.99 USD makes sense, but enhancing it's amazing value also will increase sales and reputation.

I purchased SM1 for Desktop (Mac) because I knew the iOS version was in the works. I am still waiting for the cross-platform workflow to live up to its potential (syncing presets folder with iCloud, so no need for import/export between devices). As a live performer who wants access to presets used in my recordings (or to presets edited on Desktop), a seamless workflow promises to take an already powerful synth engine to the next level for usability/versatility. This is something very special!

Feature to sync presets across devices using iCloud was already suggested and hopefully, dev would consider it. Cyclops has features such as Tags, Ratings, iCloud sync, etc. for an example. Presets can be grouped using common tags, we could add our own descriptive tags or assign existing tags and ability to search/filter presets by tags would be powerful as some similar-sounding presets are located far away from each other in the Browser.

• @brice said:

Also let me ask you. I’ve made a lot of presets with the intent on releasing a complete bank or several banks if the process is easy for the end user. I’m using custom waveforms/wavetables in about 99% of my patches. Can you give me the rundown on how the end user should go about installing my files on their device? I want to make sure this can in fact be easily accomplished before I set aside any more time to building out these banks.

Ability to import individual presets or zip files into existing banks (except Factory banks) or create new banks while importing would be cool. I remember dev talked about users sharing presets from their presets user-group on their website (when we discussed about Ratings feature) and hopefully have this Import feature on their roadmap already.

• This awesome synth is worth it sooo much! It offers so much!
    I’m freezing in Cubasis and have zero problems doing so. I did have to lower number of voices per preset though but no biggie! Awesome sounding synth! One of the Best dev team also!
    Hard workers we are so blessed to have Dev teams here at the forum interacting with users! Amazing!

• edited July 2018

@AudioGus said:

Anyway, more to the point of this thread... Apple, lift the AU 360meg limit - infuriating that this is a problem. In BM3 I can get a half dozen instances of a supremely kick ass AU synth (we know the one), be getting my groove on, then when I go to load the song it just crashes and/or everything is blank (not pointing fingers as it is clearly not the various devs faults).

As a workaround, you could freeze tracks to audio. Another way is to open the project - this will crash the AUs on tracks (this was confirmed by Steinberg as "insufficient memory issue"). Unload the crashed AU tracks by setting them to No Instrument (or assign another AU) and then reassigning the desired SM1 instrument for each track. You may lose your sound tweaks this way (you can tweak them again or save your tweaks as a preset to use it as-is) but the AUs on tracks will work as long as you do not close the project. I haven't tried mixing down the project this way, as yet.

• @CrazySynthMan said:

@powerobject said:
    In GeoShred, we can also custom Sort presets.

What do you mean by custom sort?

I can custom sort in synth master one, by instrument type and style and author. If I click on bass, then it only shows me bass presets.

I think that powerobject means that you can create custom banks. In GeoShred there is a master preset list called "All Presets". Its the pool of all presets. Much like "Songs" in iTunes. You can compose custom Banks of presets called "Setlists". Really like "Playlists" in iTunes.

• edited August 2018

@moForte said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@powerobject said:

I can custom sort in synth master one, by instrument type and style and author. If I click on bass, then it only shows me bass presets.

I think that powerobject means that you can create custom banks. In GeoShred there is a master preset list called "All Presets". Its the pool of all presets. Much like "Songs" in iTunes. You can compose custom Banks of presets called "Setlists". Really like "Playlists" in iTunes.

"powerobject" was my old username that got changed to @MobileMusic (to sync with my YouTube channel name - youtube.com/MobileMusic).

I remember, GeoShred used to have sorting feature of presets inside Setlists - we could rearrange presets in a setlist in a top-down order anyway we wanted but apparently, they removed that feature later on. However, lack of sorting in SM1 doesn't matter now as we can create our own user banks (I posted a message saying these - after the above message).

By the way, what you are referring to, "tapping Bass to show only bass presets" - that's filtering.

(Sorting is arranging items in a top-down order).

• This Auria Pro/Synthmaster One instant crash (Auria Pro crashing), is it a solution on that yet?

• 12.9 pro 2 issues need a bugfix still too, Audio unit is broken, unusable in Audiobus, crashes instantly changing a preset. Must be related to same issue.

• For Auria Pro users, I received the following this morning from Corey at WaveMachine Labs:

"We have a copy of Synthmaster One and are currently working with their developer to determine the reason it is crashing in Auria Pro.
    Hoping to have it up and running soon."

:)

• @sch said:
    For Auria Pro users, I received the following this morning from Corey at WaveMachine Labs:

"We have a copy of Synthmaster One and are currently working with their developer to determine the reason it is crashing in Auria Pro.
    Hoping to have it up and running soon."

:)

Ha! Great news!!
    Thanks!

• @MobileMusic said:

@moForte said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@powerobject said:

"powerobject" was my old username that got changed to @MobileMusic (to sync with my YouTube channel name - youtube.com/MobileMusic).

I remember, GeoShred used to have sorting feature of presets inside Setlists - we could rearrange presets in a setlist in a top-down order anyway we wanted but apparently, they removed that feature later on. However, lack of sorting in SM1 doesn't matter now as we can create our own user banks (I posted a message saying these - after the above message).

By the way, what you are referring to, "tapping Bass to show only bass presets" - that's filtering.

(Sorting is arranging items in a top-down order).

Okay, I've just realized that the sorting of presets in top-down order (that I discussed before) is available in Geo Synthesizer (not: GeoShred).

• edited September 2018

@kv331audio_bulent,

My previous suggestions here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/512406/#Comment_512406
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/509389/#Comment_509389
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/502024/#Comment_502024

I thought of making my new round of suggestions for SM1 before you release your next version :smile:

NEW SUGGESTIONS

Rename, Delete, Move to iCloud, Send to AirDrop, etc. options are not available in standalone mode but only while using SM1 as an AU.

Add/Remove to/from Favorites menu item does not refresh until app is relaunched.

Record in standalone mode, save and audio-copy/export recordings as WAV, MP3, M4A or MIDI (see: Sunrizer).

Share recordings on to Files, AudioShare, SoundCloud, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc.

VIBRATO - Setup > Keyboard > Y-Axis dropdown > add new Vibrato option - this should render vibrato on swiping up the keys for EXPRESSIVE playing - similar to GB. This would offer on-demand, dynamic vibrato as opposed to static vibrato through VLFO. Y-Axis > Modwheel currently does not work :neutral: Also, the swipe up action is not accurate/complete on black keys (apparently due to their height compared to white keys' height) - they are like 50% of what white keys can vibrate. Further, swiping up does not max out vibrato and we end up swiping our finger into the synth areas at which time it makes a noise. See GarageBand which has NAILED this vibrato feature on keys and set an example.

Microtones/Quartertones - ability to generate microtones for expressive playing and creating subtle vibratos. Ideally, there should be 3 microtones between semitones (25%, 50% and 75% frequency) or ideally support for .tun and .scl files or an effect the micro-tune instruments. Should send out microtone MIDI into other apps.

GarageBand has Note Labels - available under iOS Settings > GarageBand > turn ON switch and relaunch GB to see note labels on keys (single language only) with flats/sharps shown together on black keys.

An even more powerful implementation is in GeoShred > Settings > Note Font that displays notes in various languages. This is a SLICK marketing feature and also offers a HUGE educational value. This feature - in conjunction with Vibrato on keyboard Y Axis and Microtones - would quickly entice an EXTRA 3rd of the world's iOS music users (India, Gulf, China, Korea, Australia, Japan, etc) to purchase SM1. Currently, these users use Animoog, GeoShred, GeoSynth, ThumbJam, BeBot and other expressive apps that offer Legato and Vibrato. Unfortunately, not many apps offer Legato and hardly any apps offer Vibrato. Fortunately, SM1 has already Legato and also a special Vibrato LFO and it just needs to be added to Y Axis dropdown and rendered to automate that process.

SM1 can highlight keys based on selected scale as an educational feature and so, an option to display Note Lables on keys in various languages only makes more sense.

Option to display Note Labels on All keys or White keys only or Octave keys only (current default) as a config setting (see FM Player or Synth One settings).

Make the scrollable/scalable Keyboard (with Wheels) available in AU mode for EXPRESSIVE playing with dynamic Vibrato.

The above Legato, Vibrato, Micro-Tones and Note Labels are small features -=> BIG BANG!!

Depress keyboard keys with more shadow as they are hardly visible as pressed when tapped on.

Feature to Export, Import multiple presets or entire banks. Brice Beasley created many presets in SM1 and would like to share them with the community but there is no way to do it currently. Please advise...

All Presets bank - that shows presets from all banks in a single place so we don't have to wade through each bank in some situations (see: Synth One).

Link Banks - Why not take the suggested Bookmarks feature one step further and instead add a feature to create Link Banks and display them with a flag or in a different color? Whatever presets get added to these link banks will be just links to the presets and not copies (similar to Favorites) and this will allow us to create multiple favorite banks for say - Fav Strings, Fav Pads, Fav Bells, Fav Leads, etc. Please keep the Favorites bank as-is as a system bank (undeletable). Link Banks would store links to presets and can be renamed/deleted/etc. User banks would store COPIES of presets and can be renamed/deleted/etc.

OR => ability to store a Link to a preset or Copy a preset into a user bank and indicate if they are a link/copy with a color/flag/etc :smile: (we'll leave the design-decision to you)

Display the star favorite mark in preset list in different colors based on if it is a favorite or a link or both stored in banks.

You can see Tagging, Rating, iCloud sync features implemented in Cyclops.

Option to turn off wheels for more keys and room (see: Cubasis).

Pitch Bend wheel - when tapped on goes to top/bottom unnecessarily resulting in inaccurate bending.

Key width - Narrow, Medium (default), Wide (see: Sunrizer). The current setting is medium and not wide enough for adult fingers.

While dragging Amp and Mod envelope headers, we can see the dragged header title all the way until it is dropped on a knob in your NAMM 2018 demo on YouTube but not in the app anymore as it disappears once it leaves its synth section. Please display a drag icon or the header title while dragging for a visual cue:

Tapping on any knob/fader should briefly display its value without having to change its value - to SEE its current value.

Organize Settings into multiple pages by category (see: Cubasis > Setup).

LOW-PRIORITY

Punch in/out keys to create and save custom keyboards to match a scale (see: Animoog, BeBot) or option to hide/disable non-scale keys when a scale is chosen so we don't touch wrong/out-of-tune keys.

Scroll all keyboards synchronously (linked) or individually (unlinked).

Zoom in/out knobs (expand their size briefly) on tapping on them to see bigger controls for people with impaired vision and better tweakability.

SYNTHMASTER PLAYER

Port SMP presets to SM1 and make them accessible from SMP for more control and tweakability and have all presets in one app.

Convert SMP into AU with Legato and a dynamic Vibrato keyboard exposed.

Align list items in SMP to left. The current center alignment is difficult on the eye to read.

• @MobileMusic said:

NEW SUGGESTIONS

Rename, Delete, Move to iCloud, Send to AirDrop, etc. options are not available in standalone mode but only while using SM1 as an AU.

I can confirm the absence of iCloud/Airdrop save options when in Standalone mode.

Additionally, the Synthmaster One folder does not show in my iCloud Drive (except for on iPad). I've tried resyncing my other devices with no luck.

Along with resolving these issues, I do hope Mr. Bulent can create functionality for easily syncing presets between Desktop and iOS versions of SM1 (e.g., via Documents folder in iCloud).

This discussion has been closed.