Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dhalang MG big update (4.3)

The iOS version had been seriously behind updates because of some random issues with Apple's review, but now solved and new update is out:

New:

• Audio input sync (real-time audio input peaks trigger sync) [experimental]
  • Multiple MIDI input devices mode.
  • Vector/Matrix currently playing notes can be killed when receiving sync (Sync Kill).
  • Color theme change not requiring app restart anymore
  • Synth preset reset (to new factory presets)
  • Sampler granulizer now works differently / more musically.

Fixed:

• Sampler voice stealing rewritten for better
  • Pitch bend recording from TouchPlay to Control track.
  • Analog synth FM frequency changes with auto-glide.
  • Sample files names with unicode special characters now load ok.
  • Mixer solo/mute state load when loading project.
  • Particle surface to vector/matrix sync with different grid settings.
  • LOTS of ui fixes and improvements.

Comments

• Thanks for the update :) Audio input sync sounds interesting
    I can't see Ableton Link anymore, hopefully not removed?

• @Carnbot said:
    Thanks for the update :) Audio input sync sounds interesting
    I can't see Ableton Link anymore, hopefully not removed?

Damn, I accidentally removed Link controls from the Settings tab (it's getting crowded).
    I'll put out a quickfix update for this.

• Can we talk about this app? I heard about this through a youtube comment from @TheVimFuego Anyone else using it? You still using it? Recommend it? Thanks!

• @kinkujin said:
    Can we talk about this app? I heard about this through a youtube comment from @TheVimFuego Anyone else using it? You still using it? Recommend it? Thanks!

I think @skiphunt was into this app if I remember right (I often am mistaken though ;) )

• edited September 2018

@kinkujin

I was and still into this app. It's really brilliant and beautifully complex, but some don't seem to gel with the interface. It does take some getting use to for sure, but after you figure out the basics and watch the videos on the dev's site... it starts making it's own sense.

http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalang/tutorials.html

I'm not great at crafting great synth from the interface, but there are several randomize buttons that can get you started.

I particularly like to use it as a generative midi source for external synths, etc.

Not going to try and "sell it" to anyone... because I know it's not for everyone. But for some of us... it's a work of genius.

I'd say... get the free LITE version to try... and watch some videos... if you're not captivated after that, it might not be for you.

LITE version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dhalang-lite/id1140174264?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

FULL version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dhalang-mg/id1140174276?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

He's @Hypertonal got OSX and Windows versions of it as well.

• @kinkujin said:
    Can we talk about this app? I heard about this through a youtube comment from @TheVimFuego Anyone else using it? You still using it? Recommend it? Thanks!

@kinkujin said:

I love you the app.

But I mainly use it on Macbook to accompany iPad stuff.

It is a full creative experience and very rewarding

But this is a dedicated type process to learn the GUI

I say worth it

Check developers vids also

• Thanks @skiphunt for the write up. I’ll give the lite version a go.

• To quote Liam Gallagher ... I need more time ... it’s a wonderous boffinry thing but requires some Audulus-like dedication which I’m not summoning right now.

• Yeah. I’m not sure if I’ll have the time to summon either. Read the big article and became excited and a bit daunted. Thanks @RUST( i )K @TheVimFuego @skiphunt @Fruitbat1919

• Daunted is exactly the right word for we mortals.

• Well, to revist this necrothread ... I did finally get it. I'm suitably impressed with it and pretty darned excited by it. This after a few days of digging into it. Have watched the first video about 3 times and that got me started. I need to watch the others too.

One thing that has me flummoxed it the grid/vs tempo thing. This beast is a tad confusing as it has a bajillion options but I'm finding that it's well worth it (so far).

• A somnithread, not a necrothread. A sleeping giant awaiting the next update.

• edited June 2021

Dhalang MG blew me away. Got the Lite version, went to Settings and rolled the dice. The randomized sounds that came out of it I haven’t heard generated anywhere else (I’m big into experimental sound.)

I’ll probably dig into the GUI a little bit later, but just randomizing the sounds gives me more than enough to play with. Genius app!