Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LOGIC iOS RUMOURS!/ NEW USB-C RUMOUR + Why JOBS did not let his kids use iPad!

Comments

• Wish I could INVERT the week like we invert chords so next Wed is yesterday :neutral:

• @MobileMusic unless you are going to buy a new one it seems like we know everything, no? Even if, in our wildest imagination, something like ios Logic is a reality would they announce it at a hardware event? Have they done that in the past?

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MobileMusic unless you are going to buy a new one it seems like we know everything, no?

That's what we'll find out. Was Apple able to keep the product(s) secret? They rarely do when they are made in China.

BUT THERE IS A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING TO ROCK YOUR WORLD!

Here's the real RUMOR. Apple is creating a new Crypto Currency to make purchasing "Eazy Peazy" (tm). From 9/12 forward you will only be able to buy Apple products using their new Crypto Currency (rumored) to be called "World Transaction Funds" (WTF's). Just like iTunes killed the record store, WTF's will make banks insolvent.

Ideally most of the world will convert to WTF's from their current monetary standards and WTF's can be used for purchasing more than just Apple Products but World Domination starts with a single step.

Microsoft is RUMOR'ed to be preparing a response with "Clippies 2" - the money you keep in your pocket on a [Device Yet to Be Invented]. The MS "Clippies" will be announced and the Killer App phone sometime in the next 5 years... maybe after they buy Samsung(?).

Eazy Peazy will be an App requiring IOS 11 so plan ahead.

PS - Doug signed an NDA. The fact that he doesn't comment should not be construed as a comment. Refusing to comment is a type of comment. Sometimes silence is just a lack of noise.

Make noise for 6 more days!

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    @greengrocer so glad you have made an appearance! You inspired me and deserve at least half the credit! Yes, it has been a lot of fun. I think 10k is wishful thinking but here we are on page nine. Perhaps you can breathe a little life into this by telling me where you read the Logic, FCP rumors in the first place? I looked several times and couldn't find a thing.

At least a rumor about the rumor!

Thanks :) Searched but can't find it back. Maybe I used wrong words/abbreviations. Maybe the whole thread is deleted. Not sure what to make of it. I saw this rumor/ leak about LP and FC somewhere on Twitter earlier this week. I thought this would make a nice bonus to the new iPad Pro renders/specs post. The huge response surprises me. Anyway we will know what happens in 5 days :)

btw although I'm a long time visitor of this forum I'm not really an addicted

• Thanks @greengrocer , a truly misty provenance to this rumor. Perfect. Now it's here, now it's not. So much appreciated! That is good for 1 k hits at least!

@McDTracy, your scenario may not be far from the truth... there is a RUMOR about a new currency that is currently being used and poised to invert everything. My wife, a lovely Turkish lady, told me this. Would she lie?!

• edited September 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    [...] Even if, in our wildest imagination, something like ios Logic is a reality would they announce it at a hardware event? Have they done that in the past?

Yep, I believe every big GarageBand iOS release (original 1.0 and the big 2.0 update) has coincided with a new iPad announcement.

and it makes sense. "Look at our new iPad, here's some fancy new software that it can run!"

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McDTracy, your scenario may not be far from the truth...

It's not a scenario. WTF's are more Virtual and trendy than real estate or a performance piece.

I Googled for WTF and got more clues. Everyone across the Globe is asking "WTF" assuming they can speak english. I'll try converting WTF into other languages and see what I get.

Currently 90% of WTF references are coming up as questions... like WTF? I'm guessing the use of "?" is like $ but I really need a Powerpoint to have complete documentation. Let's not jump to conclusions on rumors without better documentation, right?

It looks like a WTF Unit will be tied to the cost of Apple Airbuds to make hearing more "Eazy Peazy" after getting the new iPad and asking "WTF? No headphone adapter in the Box?"

• edited September 2018

@McDtracy said: all that stuff ^

lol its gonna be a long 5 days

• @McDtracy said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @McDTracy, your scenario may not be far from the truth...

It's not a scenario. WTF's are more Virtual and trendy than real estate or a performance piece.

I Googled for WTF and got more clues. Everyone across the Globe is asking "WTF" assuming they can speak english. I'll try converting WTF into other languages and see what I get.

Currently 90% of WTF references are coming up as questions... like WTF? I'm guessing the use of "?" is like $ but I really need a Powerpoint to have complete documentation. Let's not jump to conclusions on rumors without better documentation, right?

It looks like a WTF Unit will be tied to the cost of Apple Airbuds to make hearing more "Eazy Peazy" after getting the new iPad and asking "WTF? No headphone adapter in the Box?"

Don't forget OMG although in some parts of the world this is seen as blasphemy

• Oh, @McDtracy I forgot to mention the outbreak of anthrax in Turkey in my pm to you. This is not a rumor! In a country with plenty of cattle they are importing diseased animals and throwing the dead ones in the Bosporus! Throw a steak on the Barbie for me! ( not the doll, of course).

• @RUST( i )K said:

Sweet doggie dreams🐶

• @LinearLineman said:
    Oh, @McDtracy I forgot to mention the outbreak of anthrax in Turkey in my pm to you. This is not a rumor! In a country with plenty of cattle they are importing diseased animals and throwing the dead ones in the Bosporus! Throw a steak on the Barbie for me! ( not the doll, of course).

Please do not include facts on the rumor thread you started yourself. Better to make stuff up. Save facts for other threads like "Why are Internet Downloads Getting Larger and Larger and we still only get 4 wires?"

• @McDtracy said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Oh, @McDtracy I forgot to mention the outbreak of anthrax in Turkey in my pm to you. This is not a rumor! In a country with plenty of cattle they are importing diseased animals and throwing the dead ones in the Bosporus! Throw a steak on the Barbie for me! ( not the doll, of course).

Please do not include facts on the rumor thread you started yourself. Better to make stuff up. Save facts for other threads like "Why are Internet Downloads Getting Larger and Larger and we still only get 4 wires?"

Is the internet about to split into many?

Dark

Medium Dark

Bright

Free

Green

I predict a future where there are multiple internets like universes in the cosmos.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @MobileMusic unless you are going to buy a new one it seems like we know everything, no? Even if, in our wildest imagination, something like ios Logic is a reality would they announce it at a hardware event? Have they done that in the past?

They used Affinity Photo to show the very power of the iPad Pro 10.5. So I think it could be possible to show off the new iPad... we will see ;)

• All the fuss about Logic on iOS, I don’t see much about what features people are needing, and why a more powerful version of GarageBand is not considered worthy of its own rumor mill?

I wonder what the demand is for a full version of Logic for mobile? People want to run their studio from a little iPad? I’d like to see a DAW for mobile that has the sequencing and editing capabilities of Logic, some of the instruments like a full Alchemy, more import/export… but I’m not ditching the desktop for it. GB may remain the vessel for future development. I think if Apple wants to, it can be made into a powerful enough DAW, but maybe that’s just me.

• While I think it would be interesting to see Apple shake the market up with a full on DAW for iOS, it could also be problematic. Think of these scenarios:

1. Apple release a full on DAW at peanut iOS prices and no one else can compete! - people moan it’s still not as good due to screen and ram limitations. The devs moan they can’t compete.
    2. Apple release a full on DAW at MAC prices (I.e. the current price of logic) and no one can compete - people moan that it’s still not as good due to screen and ram limitations and moan about the price!
    3. Apple release a cut down DAW that is still substantially more than their current effort. People still moan as they believe they want logic on iOS.

Personally I’m getting less and less interested in seeing Mac and PC ports. I want to see the scope and tools of this so called high end software, but I want to see it done ground up for the touchscreen and limitations of the device (iPad). Even Auria comes across as too stuck in the PC / Mac design ethic for me at times. I want to see iOS software with the tools, but wrapped up in a UI that is iPad iOS through and through

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Fruitbat1919 said:
    While I think it would be interesting to see Apple shake the market up with a full on DAW for iOS, it could also be problematic. Think of these scenarios:

1. Apple release a full on DAW at peanut iOS prices and no one else can compete! - people moan it’s still not as good due to screen and ram limitations. The devs moan they can’t compete.
    2. Apple release a full on DAW at MAC prices (I.e. the current price of logic) and no one can compete - people moan that it’s still not as good due to screen and ram limitations and moan about the price!
    3. Apple release a cut down DAW that is still substantially more than their current effort. People still moan as they believe they want logic on iOS.

Personally I’m getting less and less interested in seeing Mac and PC ports. I want to see the scope and tools of this so called high end software, but I want to see it done ground up for the touchscreen and limitations of the device (iPad). Even Auria comes across as too stuck in the PC / Mac design ethic for me at times. I want to see iOS software with the tools, but wrapped up in a UI that is iPad iOS through and through

+1. I agree DAWs tend to be too tedious to use in an ipad environment. We need something more touch and swipes friendly.

• edited September 2018

I don't really care about Logic, I still don't think traditional DAWs work on ipad (as in they are always inferior to desktop workflow) unless someone comes up with a different way.

I am more interested in Final Cut on an iPad though. I would use that. Lumafusion is pretty good but in need of lots of basic features to make it pro. I need a Pro video editor on ipad, so I'm hoping this will happen.

• @Carnbot said:
    I don't really care about Logic, I still don't think traditional DAWs work on ipad (as in they are always inferior to desktop workflow) unless someone comes up with a different way.

I am more interested in Final Cut on an iPad though. I would use that. Lumafusion is pretty good but in need of lots of basic features to make it pro. I need a Pro video editor on ipad, so I'm hoping this will happen.

Agree/

I am literally don't have Cubasis or any DAW on 3 out of 4 of my iOS devices for that reason.

I find the whole premise for my approach to iOS music making that it wasn't using a LAPTOP OR DESKTOP!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    While I think it would be interesting to see Apple shake the market up with a full on DAW for iOS, it could also be problematic. Think of these scenarios:

bottom line: there will be moaning

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:

Agree/

I am literally don't have Cubasis or any DAW on 3 out of 4 of my iOS devices for that reason.

I find the whole premise for my approach to iOS music making that it wasn't using a LAPTOP OR DESKTOP!

Yeah, I think it would have to be a complete rewrite of Logic to make it work for Touch, but who knows? At least Apple have the resources so they could in theory make it work. Much harder for indie devs with limited resources :).

• @david_2017 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Would we have it any other way? Lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@david_2017 said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Would we have it any other way? Lol

we're humans, moaning is in our DNA ;)

• I say it again....NanoStudio is IT.

• I too am anxiously awaiting Nanostudio 2. Very fond memories of the first, very first app I ever bought. Great workflow (everyone's got different styles here so it's totally subjective).

Agree with others here, don't really want to see Logic on iOS. Or Reason. Or any of these desktop softwares... they below in a place with a more accessible file system, a keyboard and mouse... it just wouldn't be fun to use.

That said, iOS music apps should strive to be as functional as possible and to sound like their desktop counterparts.

Rather than seeing Logic on iOS I'd rather see more features baked into GarageBand iOS. It's already a pretty decent platform, it's matured quite a bit over these years. The UI isn't always my favorite, it's a little goofy, but the touch instruments are amazing and the integration into the OS is top notch (which you'd expect from the company that built the OS and hardware lol...).

• @Carnbot said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Carnbot said:

Agree/

Yeah, I think it would have to be a complete rewrite of Logic to make it work for Touch, but who knows? At least Apple have the resources so they could in theory make it work. Much harder for indie devs with limited resources :).

I find that things like the Circuit are really making me see things differently.

Fx apps are so valuable to me these days more than anything.

We shall see....

• @icsleepers said:
    I too am anxiously awaiting Nanostudio 2. Very fond memories of the first, very first app I ever bought. Great workflow (everyone's got different styles here so it's totally subjective).

Agree with others here, don't really want to see Logic on iOS. Or Reason. Or any of these desktop softwares... they below in a place with a more accessible file system, a keyboard and mouse... it just wouldn't be fun to use.

That said, iOS music apps should strive to be as functional as possible and to sound like their desktop counterparts.

Rather than seeing Logic on iOS I'd rather see more features baked into GarageBand iOS. It's already a pretty decent platform, it's matured quite a bit over these years. The UI isn't always my favorite, it's a little goofy, but the touch instruments are amazing and the integration into the OS is top notch (which you'd expect from the company that built the OS and hardware lol...).

True...but i really think that Alchemy (my favorite synth in general....beside for analog tones) would be great and unique things like Sculpture or the new really amazing ChromaVerb would be nice to have.
    But i guess the chances for this are so high like a plug-in version for windows from the Logic tools.