Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking to buy an iphone for commute music making

edited September 2018 in Market Place

Hi all,
First I want to thank you for being a great community and one of my first read every morning ;-)
Sorry if this has already been asked before.
I am on the market to replace my android phone to be able to do some beats on the phone. It would be mainly for Gadget, iMASCHINE and one day for BM3 I hope, and some indivual synth such as Tardigrain, Model D, Animoog.
I sincerly doubt I will be doing complex routing with audio, with effects chains but I would like to have a unit that will survive the coming ios updates ;-)
What would you recommend for an iphone model, given the announcement to come ?
Thanks

Comments

• I’d recommend waiting for the announcement to come ....

• edited September 2018

@jazzmess said:
    Hi all,
    First I want to thank you for being a great community and one of my first read every morning ;-)
    Sorry if this has already been asked before.
    I am on the market to replace my android phone to be able to do some beats on the phone. It would be mainly for Gadget, iMASCHINE and one day for BM3 I hope, and some indivual synth such as Tardigrain, Model D, Animoog.
    I sincerly doubt I will be doing complex routing with audio, with effects chains but I would like to have a unit that will survive the coming ios updates ;-)
    What would you recommend for an iphone model, given the announcement to come ?
    Thanks

I'd definitely recommend getting the larger-screen version if you can live with its size.
    I guess you already know that in models without a headphones port, you'll either get noticeable Bluetooth latency which is not a problem if you don't record your stuff live but rather build it up in it the piano roll ... or you have to take care of that weird little Lightning/Phone plug adapter.
    Gadget and Model D do have really tiny controls, so if you don't want to zoom-in all the time, the "Plus" model just feels better in use.

• Ok thanks to you two
    So if i understand well, its between the 6s and the new "se" to come ? There will be worlds of difference in terms of sheer power and ram, am I wrong ?

• @jazzmess said:
    Ok thanks to you two
    So if i understand well, its between the 6s and the new "se" to come ? There will be worlds of difference in terms of sheer power and ram, am I wrong ?

My 6s has the sheer power to plug in any set of headphones I want to use without needing any sort of adapter. It's an awesome feature that I'm glad apple invented and really shows progressive, courageous thinking. ;)

• @mrufino1 said:

@jazzmess said:
    Ok thanks to you two

My 6s has the sheer power to plug in any set of headphones I want to use without needing any sort of adapter. It's an awesome feature that I'm glad apple invented and really shows progressive, courageous thinking. ;)

Word

• @db909 said:

@mrufino1 said:

@jazzmess said:
    Ok thanks to you two

Word

+100 the last of the iPhone with a jack.
    Suggest you go for at least 6s or above.