Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[Exclusive] Apple iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) Images, Specs Leaked Ahead of Company’s September 12 Launch

Full specs and info here:
https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/ipad-pro-12-9-2018/

In other leaks seems that Logic and Final Cut Pro X going iPad. But you seem to need at least 4GB. So only available for Pro models. Also I read on twitter that the iPhone Xs 6.5 would support iPad apps. Not clear if this is a leak, rumor or wishful thinking.

Comments

• My wallet is ready.

• Source of the Logic and Final Cut leak?

• more e waste..

• @nrgb said:
    Source of the Logic and Final Cut leak?

[2]

• I hope what the article suggests is not true in that the removal of the home button means that the only way to unlock will be through the camera’s facial recognition.

• Surely there will be a way to disable the faceid and have the usual number password to type instead. It would be silly to have only one option to unlock the ipad.

• @theconnactic said:

@nrgb said:

[2]

• There must be another way to unlock other than face id which can't be perfect/ always in portrait mode. Plus almost all 12.9 apps are designed for landscape.

• Surely facial recognition wouldn't be the only way? What about the "old fashioned" six digit passcode method?

In many ways, I've waited so long for Logic Pro X to get onto my iPad, but I'm afraid that stupid Apple will charge a shitty subscription fee for it instead of their one-time asking fee of $199 as it is in the Mac app store. Wonder if that's the "game changer" Doug @thesoundtestroom mentioned. ;)

• I'm getting things done in BM3 and Cubasis without Logic, so I would be in no rush to get it. I assume that it would have fewer features than the desktop, if it's really coming to iOS at all.

• There are some articles on line( not hard to find unless they’ve been scrubbed) that show how facial recognition can be fooled and or is less secure than a PIN number. Easier for thugs to get your face to unlock your iPad when you’re out and about especially if you haven’t had the chance to disable the facial recognition before you’re threatened. If you do have a second tier of secuirty after the facial id namely a six digit pin they can’t access your iPad unless they use unsavory force against you. Not to mention the articles on line about the real science backed facts how infra red used in these facial recognition are a real danger to eye health. Let’s approach all this with caution

• I am sure facial recognition must use lots of thread power as well that we can better use in music apps instead. I will probably use only PIN number if it's still a thing.

• @Norbert said:
    Surely there will be a way to disable the faceid and have the usual number password to type instead. It would be silly to have only one option to unlock the ipad.

FaceID reverts to passcode.

• edited September 2018

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:
    Surely there will be a way to disable the faceid and have the usual number password to type instead. It would be silly to have only one option to unlock the ipad.

How does one access the passcode if there is no home button? Plug in the device?

• You would assume that existing Logic Pro users would be able to port to iPad. It would seem that the biggest benefit (or among the biggest) would be the ease of sharing projects from Mac to iPad. If this is the case, I'll do the thing I have NEVER done and by the latest iPad straightaway.

• edited September 2018

@Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:

How does one access the passcode if there is no home button? Plug in the device?

A swipe, like we do to get the music controls or the camera without login in ios11.

• @Norbert said:

@Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:

A swipe, like we do to get the music controls or the camera without login in ios11.

Ah okay that makes sense thanks :)

• @Norbert said:

@Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:

Also, if FaceID fails, it asks for your passcode.

• @nrgb said:

Not seeing anything anywhere on this.

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:

@Arpseechord said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Norbert said:

Also, if FaceID fails, it asks for your passcode.

Good to know thanks

• @greengrocer said:
    Full specs and info here:
    https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/ipad-pro-12-9-2018/

In other leaks seems that Logic and Final Cut Pro X going iPad. But you seem to need at least 4GB. So only available for Pro models. Also I read on twitter that the iPhone Xs 6.5 would support iPad apps. Not clear if this is a leak, rumor or wishful thinking.

Seems end of homebutton and 3.5mm plug. Also interesting to note that it will contain A12 proc this is 2 steps up from the iPad Pro of last year that contains a A10.

• If this Logic Pro reference turns out to be unsubstantiated then it will rank up there as one of the most irresponsible posts ever on ABForum :D

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@nrgb said:

Not seeing anything anywhere on this.

I saw this Logic Pro X and FC Pro X story a few days ago on some Twitter threads. Did a Twitter search but can't find them back... Don't remember if this were leaks or speculation. The sources pointed to some Chinese website. Don't understand Chinese so not to verify by me.

• Some DAW apps could have a tough time if Logic is offered at a reduced mobile app price.

Luma Fusion would have a tough time with it’s current track and limitations if FCPX is offered at a reduced mobile app price.

• Hmmm, wondering if ios Logic is what Doug @thesoundtestroom signed his NDA over? That would be a game changer, wouldn't it?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hmmm, wondering if ios Logic is what Doug @thesoundtestroom signed his NDA over? That would be a game changer, wouldn't it?

Probably missed something here Doug @thesoundtestroom signed NDA over something. That should be a huge thing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It must to happen someday but I think it will be the day macbooks came with ARM chips... if not a full version doesn’t makes sense (IMHO). It will be probably hard to use.

ITOH garageband iOS has functions like live loops that aren’t available on garageband nor logic. :confused:

• Remind me how we get audio out of an iPad after the removal of the headphone socket?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.