Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy bindings with different interfaces

edited September 2018 in Support and Feedback

I’ve always thought of myself as fairly intelligent but this has got me stumped. All I want to do is control loopy from an FCB1010 which I have borrowed from a student of mine. I have looked at all the available Hardware loopers but at best they only allow you to record just three tracks in serial mode. Therefore I have decided to go with loopyand to also have a try with ableton as well.....

I have three different interfaces and have managed to create loopy bindings using just one of them, an alesis io dock 1. Trouble is, I can only use it with my iPad 2 and its audio ins and outs are faulty.

I hoped that the bindings would be saved to the FCB1010 but it seems like they are only to saved to loopy on my iPad 2?? I got the FCB app onto my PC and tried a system exclusive dump from the FCB to the app but there seems to be nothing stored in the FCB?? I have neither the time nor the brainpower to program the FCB 1010 using the PC app and would rather program my bindings using loopy.

So the big question is.....are the bindings only stored on Loopy HD and not actually stored on the FCB 1010? Please could somebody clarify this for me ? Yes I have the manual but it will not explain how to use it with loopy and all my interfaces.

What I want to do is use the same bindings with loopy but on my iPad Air 1...using either my Behringer XR18 or my focusrite scarlet 18i20 for now. Loopy sees both interfaces but will not let me add bindings for them? After doing a bit of research I concluded that I need an app called midi Bridge on my iPad but I don’t want to spend any more money on apps!!!!

However, I would like a much more portable 4 input interface and I would like to try mapping the FCB to ableton on a MacBook Pro as well.......if I buy an iconnectivity audio 4+ ......will it all just work? Will loopy see the iconnect and allow me to reprogram the bindings onto my iPad Air?

I then want to find a way to store the settings on the FCB so that my student can then use the bindings with loopy on his iPad Pro!!!!

I’m not asking for a lot really......am I?

Comments

• Hi @Tronlady - no, Loopy doesn't store anything on the MIDI controller; configuration is saved within Loopy. You don't need any other apps though. Can you tell me what you mean by Loopy not letting you add bindings? What does that look like?

Yep, Loopy will be able to use the iCA4+.

I know it's a pain that Loopy doesn't import/export MIDI profiles - that's something I'm considering working on soon.

• @Tronlady said:
    I’ve always thought of myself as fairly intelligent but this has got me stumped. All I want to do is control loopy from an FCB1010 which I have borrowed from a student of mine. I have looked at all the available Hardware loopers but at best they only allow you to record just three tracks in serial mode. Therefore I have decided to go with loopyand to also have a try with ableton as well.....

I have three different interfaces and have managed to create loopy bindings using just one of them, an alesis io dock 1. Trouble is, I can only use it with my iPad 2 and its audio ins and outs are faulty.

From the io dock or from ipad itself? Which are the faulty ones?
    If you use iPad attached to any (proper) audio midi device the internal get overrided... if these are the io dock, change it for another device.

I hoped that the bindings would be saved to the FCB1010 but it seems like they are only to saved to loopy on my iPad 2?? I got the FCB app onto my PC and tried a system exclusive dump from the FCB to the app but there seems to be nothing stored in the FCB?? I have neither the time nor the brainpower to program the FCB 1010 using the PC app and would rather program my bindings using loopy.

As @Michael said midi bindings are stored in the app and unluckily these aren’t exportable ATM.

So the big question is.....are the bindings only stored on Loopy HD and not actually stored on the FCB 1010?

Please could somebody clarify this for me ? Yes I have the manual but it will not explain how to use it with loopy and all my interfaces.

Yes.

What I want to do is use the same bindings with loopy but on my iPad Air 1...using either my Behringer XR18 or my focusrite scarlet 18i20 for now. Loopy sees both interfaces but will not let me add bindings for them?

Why not? Can you select them as misi source in loopy? Did you attached the fcb1010 to any of them?

After doing a bit of research I concluded that I need an app called midi Bridge on my iPad but I don’t want to spend any more money on apps!!!!

Midi bridge or midiflow could manage midi presets? Any middleware could help to make the task once and share the preset across all the iOS devices. Check first which one in the case you finally decide to go that route (and expend it means)

However, I would like a much more portable 4 input interface and I would like to try mapping the FCB to ableton on a MacBook Pro as well.......if I buy an iconnectivity audio 4+ ......will it all just work?

Yes but you will need to setup FCB once again.

Will loopy see the iconnect and allow me to reprogram the bindings onto my iPad Air?

Yes if by reprogram you want to say program once again. For me reprogram means make changes to original programing, that’s why I specified my answer.

I then want to find a way to store the settings on the FCB so that my student can then use the bindings with loopy on his iPad Pro!!!!

Not possible since there is no “default preset” which you can program the FCB to see it in any Loopy session ( @Michael maybe it could be a useful idea to have this kind of basic hardware preset so the user just set the hardware and Midi port...)

I’m not asking for a lot really......am I?

A bit, sorry...

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Not possible since there is no “default preset” which you can program the FCB to see it in any Loopy session ( @Michael maybe it could be a useful idea to have this kind of basic hardware preset so the user just set the hardware and Midi port...)

I'm planning on doing that actually - Loopy already has default presets for the Blueboard (which is the #1 most used device with Loopy). I plan to add defaults for other devices, I just need to crowdsource them.

• @Michael said:

@Dubbylabby said:

I'm planning on doing that actually - Loopy already has default presets for the Blueboard (which is the #1 most used device with Loopy). I plan to add defaults for other devices, I just need to crowdsource them.

Awesome!

• Speaking of FCB1010 I highly recommend the Eureka rom since it has an IOmode which you can program . The main advantage is you can have visual feedback from the LEDs

https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/io

• @Michael would you consider making a friendly txt or xml file for editing easily and fast the midi bindings ?

• Does Loopy have a built in set of bindings? Are they published? It might be easier in my case to map my midi controller to those then I know they’ll work any time I plug into Loppy on any device.

• @Michael said:
    Hi @Tronlady - no, Loopy doesn't store anything on the MIDI controller; configuration is saved within Loopy. You don't need any other apps though. Can you tell me what you mean by Loopy not letting you add bindings? What does that look like?

Thank you so much for your prompt reply michael. It just says that it is waiting for a signal from the FCB and when I press the pedals nothing happens! Yes I have MIDI OUT from the FCB to MIDI IN on the interface.

Yep, Loopy will be able to use the iCA4+.

It looks like this is the one then!! I just hope it’s not as complex as some people say it is.

I know it's a pain that Loopy doesn't import/export MIDI profiles - that's something I'm considering working on soon.

>
    Marvellous! You’re a superstar michael!

• Body is required? Sorry I’m on my phone and I’m not sure what this means?

• Any updates soon with midi templates/ profiles @Michael ?

• Not yet @Tamir_Raz_Mataz - I’m focusing on finishing Loopy Pro right now.

• @Michael can‘t wait for Loopy Pro!

• You and me both @Samplix! I’m quite excited about getting it out the door. I don’t wanna toot my own horn or anything, but it’s pretty good 😄

• @Michael Wow - now I'm even more exited!! :)
    Would love to beta test it!

• Best new year news!

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Best new year news!

+1

• @Michael said:
    You and me both @Samplix! I’m quite excited about getting it out the door. I don’t wanna toot my own horn or anything, but it’s pretty good 😄

[cough]youhavemytestflightbrojustsaying[/cough]

• @syrupcore said:

@Michael said:
    You and me both @Samplix! I’m quite excited about getting it out the door. I don’t wanna toot my own horn or anything, but it’s pretty good 😄

[cough]youhavemytestflightbrojustsaying[/cough]

A sly 'ditto' from me on this.

• 😄

Not too long now!

• edited January 2020

@Liquidmantis not was that topic but this sorry...

Edit: I'm still searching where @SecretBaseDesign confirmed working on something

How can I search by user comments in this forum?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

Thanks!

Edit: I'm still searching where @SecretBaseDesign confirmed working on something

It's not the easiest, but if the standard search doesn't work you can go to the user's profile page, find Comments on the right, and then search in page via your browser.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Thanks!

It's not the easiest, but if the standard search doesn't work you can go to the user's profile page, find Comments on the right, and then search in page via your browser.

I will try next time. Thanks mate!

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

Hey -- saw that I got mentioned. Yup. Working on something. Pretty damned close, and should be out before the end of the month.