Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ApeMatrix Update AU sampler!

Comments

• Oh ok, now this is interesting...

• Tried it quickly and seems it works like a loop player ? Can not figure out how to trigger playback via midi

Oscilloscope looks useful though

• The sampler is pretty cool. Simple, but way fun to just record a few seconds within apeMatrix of whatever.. then in the sample folder, you can export it right into the AUv3 so that it shows up within the sampler. The loop point fade in the sampler works well tool with no fuss.

Another extra bonus is that the new Sampler and Oscilloscope modules ALSO show up in AUM, AB3, etc. hosts :)

• I think this is a big feature to be honest gonna open up this app even more as it’s a AU unit.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    I think this is a big feature to be honest gonna open up this app even more as it’s a AU unit.

That has been my experience. It's simple, easy to use... and you can just whip up stuff inside the app and drop several of them with various effects, etc. Easy, and loads more options for composition. You can even throw an LFO at it to modulate the playback... which is fun.

I've found that with some of the more complex synths... after your record a bit for the Sampler... them play back super slow... there's all kinds of goodness revealed.

• Very, very helpful.

• Big Thanks for the Oscilloscope!!!🤪

• As soon as I saw it was thinking Ableton clip launcher syndrome! Is it midi learnable?

• edited August 2018

How do you sample using the built in sampler ? Couldn’t route audio from other app :(
    Or it’s not sampler but a sample player?

• No way! The scope has three modes! Scope, XY and spectral! XY scopes just flip me completely out. Off to try and create a mushroom

• Sheesh. This is another one of those weeks. Unreal! Thanks!!

• I wasn't going to going to buy ApeMatrix...

• Assigning LFO to the sampler ratio is crazy what a fab tool.

• Screenshots of Oscilloscope?

• Sampler and oscilloscope are really useful :)

You can't record into the sampler yet, it's an instrument not an AU effect.
    Midi triggerable start points are potentially on the wishlist.

For now I find it's an excellent way to play with mixdowns like using the AUM sample player and now we also have a great AU oscilloscope for other hosts too.

• edited August 2018

Feature Requests for the Sample Player

• Sampling (quantized to tempo measures)
    • Note triggering
    • Simple Attack, Release
    • Reverse button when linked to tempo

Edit : Already emailed the dev :tongue:

• Soooo - I could use this to launch clips in BM3 or any AUV sequencer yes?

• @kinkujin said:
    Sheesh. This is another one of those weeks. Unreal! Thanks!!

:)

• edited August 2018

Am I supposed to see these sampler and oscilloscope AUs in the AU list when I tap to add a node?

Edit: the scope, but not the sampler, shows up in AUM, but neither show up in apeMatrix.

• @ALB said:
    Soooo - I could use this to launch clips in BM3 or any AUV sequencer yes?

No since (currently) can’t find a way to trigger the clip . It starts playing when the host is started.

• The sampler and scope AUs sometimes take a while to show up, might be the database needing a refresh or something, same thing happened to me

• @Carnbot said:
    The sampler and scope AUs sometimes take a while to show up, might be the database needing a refresh or something, same thing happened to me

Cool, it worked after a reboot. This is fantastic.

• Dalís mushroom :#
    I’ve updated my App Store review!

• @Korakios said:

@ALB said:

No since (currently) can’t find a way to trigger the clip . It starts playing when the host is started.

Thanks - tried it in BM3 and I see that there is no way to trigger this (yet) without just starting the host.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@ALB said:

@Korakios said:

@ALB said:

Thanks - tried it in BM3 and I see that there is no way to trigger this (yet) without just starting the host.

Any videos on the sampler yet? Any new functions/tricks available using it in bm3 instead of the bm3 sampler?

I guess the scrubbing function would give you something just a little more easily achieved with the ApeSampler from a performance standpoint. Having futzed around with it in BM3 for 10 minutes or so, that's my takeaway.

What opens this up for me is the ability to load samples in ApeMatrix like I do in AUM. So the two hosts are now more comparable, though still different.

• Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

Already used it - already a massive addition to apeMatrix. And the Oscilloscope for free?!??!?!?!! You've given such a gift to the world of YouTubers - now I can do my Behringer D to Model D app comparison for real....