Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• edited August 2018

Looks quite a bit like the Groovebox app, exports to Reason.....

• I’ll have a video live in a bit, don’t get too excited

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    What does ‘offers iMessage app’ mean? Seen ‘offers iPad app’ and ‘offers iPhone app’ before...but not iMessage?

You can make music by sequencing stickers and emojis. >:)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s like groovebox but with just one synth.

• Initial excitement seeing this, downloaded it (as it is free) only to be underwhelmed by the actual app.

• Geared at finishing in Reason which might be good for some but not happening with me I don't think. Looks like the store is unavailable right now.

• I can’t get into it- the sign up page just freezes.

• @robosardine said:
    I can’t get into it- the sign up page just freezes.

Ah right- forgot to read those terms and conditions first.
    Looking good. Looking good.
    They’re all coming out now.....🦒🐂🦏🐘🦍🦓🐫🐐🐓🐿

• I'm almost ready to delete it. Not really into these types of apps, but if you're a Reason user could be useful.

• It's free so no complaining! :smile:

• Korg Gadget = the true reason compact.

• Looks like Auxy, Figure and Groovbox had a threesome or something...

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I’ll have a video live in a bit, don’t get too excited

Looking forward to it, hope this is not the 'game changer' that was hiding behind the NDA :D

• edited August 2018

There is a pretty powerful synth lurking under there - if this had been marketed as a synth rather than as some sort of composition tool, and presented as a normal synth panel rather than spread over a ludicrous number of pages, and especially if it had been AUv3, then this would be great instead of meh.
    P.S. and why is the note grid the wrong orientation compared with just about every other music app?!

• As a Reason user this is neat, but to be something that you start mobile and pick up later in Reason it’s gonna need a little more than one synth lol.

But, I suspect these are early days. I can’t imagine this is just a Europa app. Otherwise it would just be called... Europa... app :tongue:

• @PhilW said:
    There is a pretty powerful synth lurking under there - if this had been marketed as a synth rather than as some sort of composition tool, and presented as a normal synth panel rather than spread over a ludicrous number of pages, and especially if it had been AUv3, then this would be great instead of meh.

True, everything is 'unavailable' at the moment so I guess we got the hint about the app a bit too early.

I do hope the props will release Europa as a stand-alone and AUv3 instead of 'locking it in' into a Figure, Auxy, Groovbox knock-off that feels super laggy on my Air 2...

• @Samu said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    I’ll have a video live in a bit, don’t get too excited

Looking forward to it, hope this is not the 'game changer' that was hiding behind the NDA :D

Yes....quite.... so do I now I have played around.......... I am struggling to find the parameter automation....... I’m sure it’s just me- isn’t it 🤷🏼‍♂️.... I mean Reason is fully automatable and even Figure is a bit......should I have another look?...... or get back to messing around in Wave for the time being.

• @samu No this is not the game changer...lol.

That is taking longer than expected and at the moment is not changeing anything...but it might if they get it right

• I'll be harsh and just delete it right now...
    In it's current state it's just upsetting annoying p.o.s. The props can do better I know, this is just bad in so many ways...

• So no connectivity with Reason desktop then?

Pass.

• @MonzoPro said:
    So no connectivity with Reason desktop then?

Pass.

You can send the project over to the desktop to open in Reason 10 or use the 'cloud stuff' once signed in...

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Pass.

You can send the project over to the desktop to open in Reason 10 or use the 'cloud stuff' once signed in...

Oh ok, that’s cool.

• @MonzoPro said:

Oh ok, that’s cool.

Just deleted if from my iPad. Don't see any point in keeping it there for the time being...

• @Samu said:

@MonzoPro said:

Pass.

Does it actually import the project as an editable file though? Or do we get the same flat file treatment we get from Figure? Cause, don’t need that really lol...

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @samu No this is not the game changer...lol.

That is taking longer than expected and at the moment is not changeing anything...but it might if they get it right

Are you able to say roughly even to the nearest quarter of a year- when the game changer is expected? Or you could maybe tell us when your next holiday is planned for? Snugglyuphintypootickleonthechin....

• edited August 2018

Is this a joke? Looks like an amateur rip off of groovebox... and because it’s dark themed I’ll never use it no matter how awesome it ever becomes.