Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Whoa! Looks like fun :)

• And now we know what everyone will be obsessed with this week...

• edited August 2018

Hella nice surprise today; just now bought it. Never got either of the other two electribe apps, but this one looks like it could be a lot more powerful & useful. Sounds amazing.

• edited August 2018

Weird release. Thought it was hardware at first. Kind of hoped it was hardware. From the pictures though it looks like it has effects for each sound, compared to one master effect on the old iElectribe.

-shrugs shoulders-

It'll probably be solid at least.

• @Telstar5 said:
    No auv3?

unfortunately not. Loads just fine in AUM with Inter-App Audio though. Also can export audio with Itunes File Sharing or Audiocopy.

• edited August 2018

What the? Grooverider knockoff? :trollface:

• any videos?

• @AudioGus said:

My exact thought.

Thank god there were no IAPs.

• Scythe (wavetable) in expensive?
    No thanks.

• @Satie said:
    Scythe (wavetable) in expensive?
    No thanks.

But a nice GUI.

• Will run it through it’s paces. Was always interested in Electribe but never bought it since it hasn’t been updated in 4eva.

• A NEW ELECTRIBE! 😍

@e121 said:
    Weird release. Thought it was hardware at first. Kind of hoped it was hardware. From the pictures though it looks like it has effects for each sound, compared to one master effect on the old iElectribe.

-shrugs shoulders-

It'll probably be solid at least.

I thought it was hardware as well at first. I wonder how much that would have cost 🤭
    £19.99- I’ll take one straight away please- and a free one for my other iPad 🤗

• edited August 2018

Looks like a nice bit of kit. Not sure it’s what I’m after right now, though. Looking forward to hearing more about this one.

• It’s got ableton link

• Only itunes and audiocopy for export though... it is like they saw our Gadget export bitching and did this to spite us lol

• It has a Kaoss Pad........

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:
    Only itunes and audiocopy for export though... it is like they saw our Gadget export bitching and did this to spite us lol

Seems like iTunes means files ....

EXPORT
    This exports patterns and songs as audio files. The audio files are saved in 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV format.
    Select the export destination to save the entire song.
    iTunes: This saves the exported audio file to an iPad. The saved file can be transferred to a computer through iTunes. AudioCopy: Transfer the bounced audio file to AudioCopy.

• edited August 2018

Not sure if this will work but here's a short sample of one of the factory preset patterns:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f92jjpx10f2dqd0/Pasted audio(2).wav?dl=0

A couple of the interface elements do look very much like Grooverider, but unfortunately there's no way to import your own sounds (at least that I've found) ... I do prefer the well laid out full page views for mixer, sequence, motion, etc - very intuitive and easy to use, though not as powerful overall as GR.

• @RajahP said:

@AudioGus said:
    Only itunes and audiocopy for export though... it is like they saw our Gadget export bitching and did this to spite us lol

Seem like iTunes means files ....

EXPORT
    This exports patterns and songs as audio files. The audio files are saved in 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV format.
    Select the export destination to save the entire song.
    iTunes: This saves the exported audio file to an iPad. The saved file can be transferred to a computer through iTunes. AudioCopy: Transfer the bounced audio file to AudioCopy.

You mean iOS ‘Files’? I hope so, but I don’t see how that is implied...

• @AudioGus said:

Considering Grooverider was essentially a hardware electribe knockoff that would be weird.

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:
    Not sure if this will work but here's a short sample of one of the factory preset patterns:

A couple of the interface elements do look very much like Grooverider, but unfortunately there's no way to import your own sounds (at least that I've found) ... I do prefer the well laid out full page views for mixer, sequence, motion, etc - very intuitive and easy to use, though not as powerful overall as GR.

Does export use ‘Files’ app?

• @99476598326 said:

@AudioGus said:

Considering Grooverider was essentially a hardware electribe knockoff that would be weird.

Hehe

Sounds smooth! Thanks for the taste.

• edited August 2018

@AudioGus said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

Yep.. on the presets window is a "bounce" button, under "export" - Just select "itunes file sharing" and it'll save in Electribe Wave folder in files app.

• I am wondering if it is Audiobus compatible?

@AudioGus said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

Yep.. on the presets window is a "bounce" button, under "export" - Just select "itunes file sharing" and it'll save in Electribe Wave folder in files app.

Woah. Nice! thanks! Hope Gadget gets it soon.

I think I may like this... ...the only thing that has put me off of Grooverider really is it is too hardware like with the menu system. This seems nice and friendly.