Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Real time sequencer AUM?

Any suggestions?
Need a real time sequencer for the effects slot in aum. Just want to play a synth (via midi kyboard)
and have its midi notes sequenced for looping.
-thx

Comments

• This is something I really want. Hoping in the future AUM can do this internally.

• As a workaround, it is very easy to just send the synth to Xequence and record the MIDI loops there. You don’t need to change your AUM session other than routing the MIDI to Xequence and adding the synth in the Xequence track.

• edited August 2018

does it need to be in the fx slot? What about auv3 midi - I have something nearly completed.....

• @gusgranite said:
    As a workaround, it is very easy to just send the synth to Xequence and record the MIDI loops there. You don’t need to change your AUM session other than routing the MIDI to Xequence and adding the synth in the Xequence track.

Will try it thx

@[Deleted User] said:
    This is something I really want. Hoping in the future AUM can do this internally.

I would imagine theres lots of us awaiting the same 🤞🏼

• @midiSequencer said:
    does it need to be in the fx slot? What about auv3 midi - I have something nearly completed.....

Interesting... ;)

• @midiSequencer said:

😀

• @midiSequencer said:

Whoa!👍🏼
    Well was thing effects slot since then the notes played from instrument would be recorded directly below it. Then if you want to chage the sound you simply adjust the instrument above it. A good work flow.....i think.

• @midiSequencer said:

Then again i know little but what i think i want and will try anything.
    Thx!

• edited August 2018

@midiSequencer said:

Go on...

• @midiSequencer said:

Depending on how it’s incorporated, this would be an absolute game changer in my workflow. Insta-buy if you can solve this need

• @breilly said:

@midiSequencer said:

Whoa!👍🏼
    Well was thing effects slot since then the notes played from instrument would be recorded directly below it. Then if you want to chage the sound you simply adjust the instrument above it. A good work flow.....i think.

I am not sure it has to be in the FX slot. It could run much in the same way as Rozeta does - with AU3 midi you should be able to route the midi out of the sequencer to any Synth in AUM and record into the sequencer using AU3 midi from any synth that supports it.

@midiSequencer If it does what I hope it does - sold - take my money.

• @breilly said:
    Any suggestions?
    Need a real time sequencer for the effects slot in aum. Just want to play a synth (via midi kyboard)
    and have its midi notes sequenced for looping.
    -thx

@midiSequencer said:

It’s going to get pretty amazing around here... can we have a peek...................

Please..

😇

• @midiSequencer said:

Quantum as auv3 midi ? Need beta tester ?

• edited August 2018

AUV3 midi recorder.
    You can record midi (notes, ccs, sysex etc) - quantise it as you are recording, filter by channel into a buffer.
    You can trigger recording from first note or first midi message.
    Save it to the app documents folder as a .mid file (standard type 0).
    Share it using airplay to apps like Mail or Audioshare.
    Load it from the documents folder to the buffer.

The above is all completed.....

I then have some pads ready (just 4 for now, lit when populated) - you will be able to load tracks to these and trigger them (they play out of the AUv3 midi along with your input) - so you can use this as a looper (there will be some looping options).

So basically this gives you the ability to record, playback & manage your recordings as midi files to share with other apps.

• @gfcalvi said:

@midiSequencer said:

Quantum as auv3 midi ? Need beta tester ?

I will be creating step/generative sequencers at some point but to put Quantum into auv3 is not easy due to the UI. This is the first time I've used Apple UIKit and I'm doing this in swift language too (Quantum is ObjC & c).

• edited August 2018

@midiSequencer said:
    AUV3 midi recorder.
    You can record midi (notes, ccs, sysex etc) - quantise it as you are recording, filter by channel into a buffer.

I have some pads ready (just 4 for now, lit when populated) - you will be able to load tracks to these and trigger them (they play out of the AUv3 midi channel along with your input) - so you can use this as a looper (there will be some looping options).

So basically this gives you the ability to record, playback & manage your recordings as midi files to share with other apps.

Can you get it to record midi in sync to host by bar length and have recorded midi play back and loop automatically in sync?

• edited August 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

Can you get it to record in sync to host by bar length and have recording play back automatically in sync?

Playback in sync (Link or host) is essential. I've not sync'd the record bit yet (its triggered by midi in the input) but yes I have access to the link beat or sample as this is supplied by the host - so I think this is easy to offer.

Also looking to include bpm changes as well - as the host tells me that too.

Might be good to have a record setting that says record 4 bars then playback in a loop automatically? So you set a fixed length - would need to add a visual clue (not just rely on the host display)....

• Will it loop?

• @midiSequencer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Can you get it to record in sync to host by bar length and have recording play back automatically in sync?

Playback in sync (Link or host) is essential. I've not sync'd the record bit yet (its triggered by midi in the input) but yes I have access to the link beat or sample as this is supplied by the host - so I think this is easy to offer.

Ok bit of a game changer if I understand correctly 🤤

• That looks great! :)

• edited August 2018

@midiSequencer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Might be good to have a record setting that says record 4 bars then playback in a loop automatically? So you set a fixed length - would need to add a visual clue (not just rely on the host display)....

Yes please 🤤 could you add an audio cue? Metronome if possible? Visual cue is cool too.

• @midiSequencer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Can the visual clue be made so it tells you where the link phases are?

• @midiSequencer oh wow. If this integrates with AUMs transport/record controls so you can record audio (to AUM) and midi loops at the same time this will be wonderful!

• @midiSequencer said:
    AUV3 midi recorder.

The above is all completed.....

I then have some pads ready (just 4 for now, lit when populated) - you will be able to load tracks to these and trigger them (they play out of the AUv3 midi along with your input) - so you can use this as a looper (there will be some looping options).

Looks fab looking forward to this one.

• @breilly said:
    Will it loop?

yes - playback via the pads - you will be able to set some parameters (transpose, loop times etc).
    and auto playback option when you limit the record (spinning plate analogy).

• @brambos said:
    That looks great! :)

thx @brambos - I'm still waiting to hit that technical challenge (other than Apple's quirky UI that is) but I've been testing my midi files against MuseScore etc to make sure the midi is standard (& therefore shareable).

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Yes please 🤤 could you add an audio cue? Metronome if possible? Visual cue is cool too.

This is aumi - so I think only midi can come out, but I have an audio buffer available otherwise

• @BiancaNeve said:

Can the visual clue be made so it tells you where the link phases are?

Quantum does this. I'm not sure if host (like AUM or AB) displays the Link timeline or its own - will need to check, but I can reuse the code I have to get Link beat. I've not added Link yet - most other auv3 midi apps don't seem to present the normal Link pop-up - not sure why but I intend to.

• @gusgranite said:
    @midiSequencer oh wow. If this integrates with AUMs transport/record controls so you can record audio (to AUM) and midi loops at the same time this will be wonderful!

ah, audio recording is not my forte atm - so its probably just midi loops. AUM would allow you to record the audio much better I'm sure.....

• @midiSequencer said:

@breilly said:
    Will it loop?

yes - playback via the pads - you will be able to set some parameters (transpose, loop times etc).
    and auto playback option when you limit the record (spinning plate analogy).

My saturday has gotten a whole lot better!
    You and all these developers are gods to us knob fiddling,
    button pushing, sound shaping, rhythm building, freaks.