Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine & Looper - Amazing for Dub

Yes, Yes, A great new App from Kai Aras called the RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine and it's also a Looper, very very Cool Beans

You can get the RE-1 Virtual Tape Echo here at the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/re-1/id1407764053?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Comments

• edited August 2018

I see that there's a lot more in the box here, but how's processor usage compared to Audio Damage's DubStation?

• And that’s how all my tracks came to sound like Side 5 of “Sandinista!”

• @OscarSouth CPU is pretty good, this is an Air 2 and with everything in the demo running I think it peaked at around 50% to 60%, I think you can see it OK in the video.

• edited August 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:
    And that’s how all my tracks came to sound like Side 5 of “Sandinista!”

I was living Brixton when Sandinista came out 80/81 and I'm buying this app so I can pretend I can still hear the noise coming out of the squats on Electric Avenue...

• @ExAsperis99 I remember running off to buy Sandinista when it was released because it was super cheap for a triple album, I seem to remember it being about £5, which was amazing, I don’t think they made a great deal of profit on the record.

Totally brilliant album too and yes loads of seriously epic dub. I think Something About England is probably my favourite track in the album.

• edited August 2018

I have 3 instances running in apeMatrix and the cpu was about 22% on iPad Pro 10.5

• UK £4.99

• I got Sandanista and XTCs White Noise at the same time. White Noise was old by then but I had just discovered them via English Settlement. The Clash went away, XTC will never go away.

• Brilliant app.

Thank you @ka010! Can you tell us more about the research you did into the different Roland Space Echo’s and similar? There’s a fascinating history right there.

• @kinkujin said:
    I got Sandanista and XTCs White Noise at the same time. White Noise was old by then but I had just discovered them via English Settlement. The Clash went away, XTC will never go away.

indeed, Mr Partridge will always be one of my favourite dubmeisters! :)
    not sure this app is ready for primetime yet though.. not behaving itself using au automation in cubasis, a lot of distortion ( not in a good way ) , drastically overheating the ipad pro 10.5 inch!!? like , REALLY HOT... and with battery drain to go with that..
    that occurs even in stand alone.. loving all the features for this price... but not sure I can use this in any ‘living dub’ sense presently..
    don’t like to be the bringer of bad tidings... hopefully I might be an isolated case?
    anyone else?

• Thanks for doing this Doug, you can feel the enthusiasm rippling through your voice on this one. Gonna def need to get this app!

• @kinkujin said:
    I got Sandanista and XTCs White Noise at the same time. White Noise was old by then but I had just discovered them via English Settlement. The Clash went away, XTC will never go away.

• By the way, confirmed with dev... the $4.99 is indeed a 50% launch sale price, but I don’t know how long it’ll last

• Thanks Doug- a welcome addition. I like echo apps- this brings something new to the party for me.
    The UK App Store says its on sale until 1st Sep.

• You were right about this one, @skiphunt Awesome flavor app for the arsenal.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

I was living Brixton when Sandinista came out 80/81 and I'm buying this app so I can pretend I can still hear the noise coming out of the squats on Electric Avenue...

& Coldharbour Road...... Or was that near “Red Records”, just around Brixton Underground?...... Can’t Remember now?....

• @studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

& Coldharbour Road...... Or was that near “Red Records”, just around Brixton Underground?...... Can’t Remember now?....

Anyone a fan of the Alabama 3 around here? Just checking ... :)

• @brice said:
    You were right about this one, @skiphunt Awesome flavor app for the arsenal.

I thought you’d like it :) haven’t played with my real world DYI cassette looper ever since I got this. The dev says he’s definitely making it universal for the iPhone as a field looper, but wanted to get the iPad version launched first.

Also, I just noticed the newly added extra transport link and time stretch features I’ve been mentioning didn’t make it into launch. Dev says he’d already submitted and approved an earlier version for launch, but there should be an update with those features later today.

• @studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Coldharbour Lane.....sigh....nostalgia for the gutter :)

• @RockySmalls said:

not sure this app is ready for primetime yet though.. not behaving itself using au automation in cubasis, a lot of distortion ( not in a good way ) , drastically overheating the ipad pro 10.5 inch!!? like , REALLY HOT... and with battery drain to go with that..
    that occurs even in stand alone.. loving all the features for this price... but not sure I can use this in any ‘living dub’ sense presently..
    don’t like to be the bringer of bad tidings... hopefully I might be an isolated case?
    anyone else?

I'm interested in ER-1 but this post makes me hesitate. Can those of you currently waxing ecstatic about this app answer whether it makes the iPad overheat and if the dev is aware of it and going to do anything about it? Almost sounds like a deal breaker to me.

Thanks

• edited August 2018

I’ve been using RE-1 for two and a half months. Never any issues at all, but I don’t use cubasis. Mostly apeMatrix and AUM, occasionally Auria Pro or BM3. Runs smooth with minimal cpu use. iPad Pro 10.5. AU automation works perfectly in apeMatrix.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@studs1966 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Anyone a fan of the Alabama 3 around here? Just checking ... :)

I’ve got a few cd of theirs, but my mate is a mega-fan and goes to all the gigs

• The original poster said the overheating occurs in standalone mode. The automation issues are in Cubasis which I don't care about as much. The overheating is what I'm more concerned about.

• @yowza said:

@RockySmalls said:

anyone else?

I'm interested in ER-1 but this post makes me hesitate. Can those of you currently waxing ecstatic about this app answer whether it makes the iPad overheat and if the dev is aware of it and going to do anything about it? Almost sounds like a deal breaker to me.

Thanks

I’m running Streemur and RE1 in AUM. DSP is 7%. No crackles.

I ALWAYS clear my iPad memory (soft reset with power button then home button) before every session.

Please do not hesitate. This app is a bargain.

• @kobamoto the panning is good in this one!

• @yowza said:
    The original poster said the overheating occurs in standalone mode. The automation issues are in Cubasis which I don't care about as much. The overheating is what I'm more concerned about.

The original poster must be isolated to that one user. I’m using in standalone mode right now on an iPad Pro 10.5 (same as the original poster) and it’s working perfectly. Running cool, smooth and no noticeable effect on battery. Perfect.

But if you’re concerned, just wait until more updates. Might miss that sweet 50% off launch sale though. :)

• Picked it up from Doug's link - have to check it out later on tonight.

• @skiphunt said:
    The original poster must be isolated to that one user. I’m using in standalone mode right now on an iPad Pro 10.5 (same as the original poster) and it’s working perfectly. Running cool, smooth and no noticeable effect on battery. Perfect.

But if you’re concerned, just wait until more updates. Might miss that sweet 50% off launch sale though. :)

I appreciate it. I've seen you ask a million questions before you decide to buy a new app so I figured I could get away with asking one. Thanks for your input! Much appreciated.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Yes, Yes, A great new App from Kai Aras called the RE-1 Virtual Tape Machine and it's also a Looper, very very Cool Beans

You can get the RE-1 Virtual Tape Echo here at the App Store
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/re-1/id1407764053?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

Haven’t bought it yet, but love where you’re slowing the tape with your fingers...I used to do that with my old WEM Copycat...

• @yowza said:
    The original poster said the overheating occurs in standalone mode. The automation issues are in Cubasis which I don't care about as much. The overheating is what I'm more concerned about.

the overheating ( for me ) is the same running in cubasis, audioshare as an iaa plug.. or stand alone.. this is with no other apps running on an ipad 10.5 512gb so it should be fine on cpu..
    i have tried, deleting and reinstalling the app, soft and hard resets of the ipad..
    I haven’t , yet, heard from anyone else with the issue, so it might just be a weird ios 11 version anomaly just hitting me.. which, of course, means its less likely to be solved until it hits others.. will get in touch with the dev when i have run out of options... which is around now.. it’s not something I absolutely have to have.. so i will probably bin it rather than update to 11.4.1 and risk the reported battery drain issues that hit other stuff when you take the leap past 11.3
    glad others aren’t experiencing this.. just wondering what the glitch is thats singled me out?