Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

KDJ-One app for iOS, free

Comments

• edited August 2018

@Trueyorky said:

@stormbeats said:
    Anyone know where the “load sample” button is Thanks in advance

Tracks have three types - synth, drum and clip. Choose clip then voice settings for that track show audio editing and import button. Here I imported audio I made earlier using the export option.

Cheers for info is that the method for adding samples to the pads?

• Ok it seems the app has no audio import Just record audio in? Am I right?

• This is great.... Reminds me simular to the Roland Grooveboxes... Hope the dev will take this further on iOS?...... Maybe an email, or 1000 to the Dev?...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@purpan2 said:
    Has anyone found a way to start playback from a point other than the first beat?

Tap above the timeline in the blue band area

Thanks. Seems to work in song mode but not in pattern edit.

• edited August 2018

@stormbeats said:
    Ok it seems the app has no audio import Just record audio in? Am I right?

At this point anyway, the option is drop .wav into documents via iMazing, iFunbox, iTunes, and they end up in the clips directory (for clips to use in time line) looks like there isn’t a way to import to the drum machine (which is drum synth rather than sample based, looks like)

• edited August 2018

@Littlewoodg said:

@stormbeats said:

At this point anyway, the option is drop .wav into documents via iMazing, iFunbox, iTunes, and they end up in the clips directory (for clips to use in time line) looks like there isn’t a way to import to the drum machine (which is drum synth rather than sample based, looks like)

Ok cheers Yes I imported via iFunbox previously but the app says there are no clips Maybe in the near future via an update - I imported the wav files to the Samples folder Will move to the apps Documents folder

• edited August 2018

@stormbeats said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@stormbeats said:

Ok cheers Yes I imported via iFunbox previously but the app says there are no clips Maybe in the near future via an update - I imported the wav files to the Samples folder Will move to the apps Documents folder

Exactly the steps I followed...they didn’t appear until I dropped them into the Documents first tier folder

Also the selection for which instrument voice you want for your pattern one choice is “clip”
    Which I think means that the stuff you add to documents can be sent to that voice, a sample that will be playable on the keys...will try this, this morning before work, it looks like user samples are an option for the sampler as well as clip/loops for the timeline.

Edit: that clip voice is for wav. That you have generated in app or imported, but they are the same kind of clips that are used in the timeline, after all...rather than samples as in kicks etc

And the drum machine does call it’s sounds “samples” so I’m wrong to say it’s a drum synth it seems. PCM I spoze, rather than full on synthesis there, in those drum kits

The “synth” choice for voices includes pathches that are drumsynth indeed, with the same up to 2 oscillators, and all the params for tweaking

• @Littlewoodg said:

@stormbeats said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@stormbeats said:

Exactly the steps I followed...they didn’t appear until I dropped them into the Documents first tier folder

Also the selection for which instrument voice you want for your pattern one choice is “clip”
    Which I think means that the stuff you add to documents can be sent to that voice, a sample that will be playable on the keys...will try this, this morning before work, it looks like user samples are an option for the sampler as well as clip/loops for the timeline.

Edit: that clip voice is for wav. That you have generated in app or imported, but they are the same kind of clips that are used in the timeline, after all...rather than samples as in kicks etc

And the drum machine does call it’s sounds “samples” so I’m wrong to say it’s a drum synth it seems. PCM I spoze, rather than full on synthesis there, in those drum kits

The “synth” choice for voices includes pathches that are drumsynth indeed, with the same up to 2 oscillators, and all the params for tweaking

Ok cheers Much appreciated info Will try it too in a short while

• edited August 2018

@Littlewoodg Ok cool managed to import samples and trigger them Mute groups dont work here though Now trying to find sample edit window This app is cool Sort of reminds me of a Roland sp404 and the pads SP1200ish The bit reduction effect is very good
    Hope this app gets an Open In from Audioshare etc in near future and Inter App sampling - not complaining though for a freebie its very good
    Iam testing on my Air2 going to put it on my Pro 12.9 Will make the functions appear bigger and clearer
    EDIT : mute groups are working

• @stormbeats said:
    @Littlewoodg Ok cool managed to import samples and trigger them Mute groups dont work here though Now trying to find sample edit window This app is cool Sort of reminds me of a Roland sp404 and the pads SP1200ish The bit reduction effect is very good
    Hope this app gets an Open In from Audioshare etc in near future and Inter App sampling - not complaining though for a freebie its very good
    Iam testing on my Air2 going to put it on my Pro 12.9 Will make the functions appear bigger and clearer

Bigger will be good, the 10.5 is cool with it. Definitely a fun box, reminds me of Timbaland’s project on the PSP: Beaterator...

• edited August 2018

I dont think you can edit audio clips imported onto the pads Only recorded samples can be edited via sample edit - am i right?
    I was thinking maybe you have to WRITE/Save then can edit I can not find anyway to type in a Name etc via WRITE
    EDIT : Ok WRITE via Arrow keys/cursors above Jog Wheel

• @stormbeats said:
    I dont think you can edit audio clips imported onto the pads Only recorded samples can be edited via sample edit - am i right?

I think you’re right but I’m still digging-

• Fun. Thanks for sharing. Hurrah for iPhone support.

• Trying this out on iPhone and I can't figure out how to get a new blank project. I can get to that screen and then it asks for a project name but the keyboard doesn't come up so all I can do is hit OK which cancels the operation. Can someone point out what I'm missing? iPhone 6s, iOS 10 here.

• @syrupcore said:
    Trying this out on iPhone and I can't figure out how to get a new blank project. I can get to that screen and then it asks for a project name but the keyboard doesn't come up so all I can do is hit OK which cancels the operation. Can someone point out what I'm missing? iPhone 6s, iOS 10 here.

I am using this on iPad but if you see the roller wheel on the right hand side, push that for each letter and use cursor arrows to move forward.

• @Trueyorky said:

@syrupcore said:
    Trying this out on iPhone and I can't figure out how to get a new blank project. I can get to that screen and then it asks for a project name but the keyboard doesn't come up so all I can do is hit OK which cancels the operation. Can someone point out what I'm missing? iPhone 6s, iOS 10 here.

I am using this on iPad but if you see the roller wheel on the right hand side, push that for each letter and use cursor arrows to move forward.

The 4 buttons on the left work for letters/symbols and movement on the naming of clips, projects etc. A throwback to game boy and PSP type consoles...
    Top and bottom buttons are forward and back through alphabet and digits etc, the left and right move the cursor left and right respectively

• Has anyone got external midi in working? I tried a keyboard through irig midi and there didn’t seem to be any choice available in the global settings.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Trueyorky said:

@syrupcore said:

The 4 buttons on the left work for letters/symbols and movement on the naming of clips, projects etc. A throwback to game boy and PSP type consoles...
    Top and bottom buttons are forward and back through alphabet and digits etc, the left and right move the cursor left and right respectively

Aha! Thanks.

• @syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Trueyorky said:

@syrupcore said:

Aha! Thanks.

Is it a worry that 58 yr old is conversant with gameboy/psp UI

• @Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Trueyorky said:

@syrupcore said:

Aha! Thanks.

Nah. You still used conversant in a sentence.

• @syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@syrupcore said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Trueyorky said:

@syrupcore said:

Aha! Thanks.

Nah. You still used conversant in a sentence.

I hesitated to use it...

• I might buy the hardware...when it’s out
    Sheesh

I keep wondering if I’ve hit my head

• edited August 2018

@MrSmileZ said:
    I might buy the hardware...when it’s out
    Sheesh

I keep wondering if I’ve hit my head

Likewise
    Diabolical little thing

• Brilliant, this. Combines just the right ratio of versatility and fun. Not sure I’d sell a kidney to fund getting the hardware, but maybe a spleen. (Unsure of spleen function, I admit.)

• I don’t get the excitement. It’s one of the most unintuitive apps I’ve encountered, and the UI looks a mess. I know, it’s free, that makes it easy to delete.

• @gsm909 said:
    I don’t get the excitement. It’s one of the most unintuitive apps I’ve encountered, and the UI looks a mess. I know, it’s free, that makes it easy to delete.

I think you put your finger on it

• @gsm909 said:
    I don’t get the excitement. It’s one of the most unintuitive apps I’ve encountered, and the UI looks a mess. I know, it’s free, that makes it easy to delete.

I agree - i tried with it but got a headache Way too fiddly

• The UI makes me smile. That’s sometimes as important as workflow.

• I love how cheap it sounds! In a good way

• edited August 2018

To me it’s one of those mad genius odd boxes, like Rytmik (Lite, Ultimate, or Ultimate Complete, or the forthcoming Studio maybe for iOS), or Zillidrone, or WR6000, or Frum or nanoloop or bleep!BOX or Rhythm or