Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CONGRATS: MARK WATT "Spacecraft Synth" Developer

I want to thank you and congratulate you for really bringing some forward thinking, technical know how, and creative spirit to the iOS music platform.

Very seldom have I seen a truly original app take hold and bring about massive waves of creative excitement and overall coolness.

You should be very proud.

Those of us who have the app, lets make sure to rank/rate in the iTunes Store.

Hats off Mark!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacecraft-granular-synth/id1391256308?mt=8

Comments

• Here Here!!!

• @echoopera said:
    Here Here!!!

OHHHHH

Thats a classic from back in the wild days of internet shenanigans!

• +1 👍

Just giving a 5 Star written review in the German AppStore.

It’s a shame that someone just gave a 1 Star. I mentioned it in my review.
    It’s such a great app! Thank you Mark! 😊

• @chandroji said:
    +1 👍

Danka She!

• @RUST( i )K said:

@chandroji said:
    +1 👍

Danka She!

Gern geschehen, it’s my pleasure!

• The enthusiasm for this app, plus me wanting some new weird sounds, has persuaded me to buy this. Will report back later

• Five stars in France too! Bravo!

• edited August 2018

@RUST( i )K ! That really is uber kind of you to say that, with a massive umlaut! ;) I really do appreciate the sentiment. Thank you to everybody on this thread and on this forum for your support! This forum has always been ground zero for me since the release of this thing.

It's been a while since I've released an update but believe me I've been busy working on big improvements:
    1. state saving/presets (this is taking way longer than I expected, sorry!)
    2. midi (this is way more awesome than I expected! really excited about this)
    3. a special optional live sampling mode (see the 'J.A. Deane' page on my website)

These are still in internal beta and I'm waiting for the appropriate time to put into external beta testing. I have a lot of work still to do on this thing! Once the above are released I plan to celebrate with some additional options for choosing different colour schemes :)

Here's a taster for you guys showing full 128 chromatic notes manipulation. The interface switches to this when midi input is activated. Clearly, the notes are so small that you can't really do accurate note manipulation via the touch screen (hence the reset button); however, you can see that there's a lot of fun to be had drawing on the notes haphazardly! sonic madness!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkt90uwhebq7cl3/ScreenRecording_08-13-2018%2012-44-15.MP4?dl=0

Sentiments like these really give me the boost I need to keep working on this in my spare time. Thank you all for bearing with me as I've been adding AU features and fixing bugs etc.

• @deltaVaudio said:

Here's a taster for you guys showing full 128 chromatic notes manipulation. The interface switches to this when midi input is activated. Clearly, the notes are so small that you can't really do accurate note manipulation via the touch screen (hence the reset button); however, you can see that there's a lot of fun to be had drawing on the notes haphazardly! sonic madness!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkt90uwhebq7cl3/ScreenRecording_08-13-2018%2012-44-15.MP4?dl=0

>

This totally nuts in a very good way!

Scales might reduce the clutter a bit and make the notes easier to paint in ;)
    (And well, since you mention midi, an external sequencer could be used to feed it too no?).

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @RUST( i )K ! That really is uber kind of you to say that, with a massive umlaut! ;) I really do appreciate the sentiment. Thank you to everybody on this thread and on this forum for your support! This forum has always been ground zero for me since the release of this thing.

It's been a while since I've released an update but believe me I've been busy working on big improvements:
    3. a special optional live sampling mode (see the 'J.A. Deane' page on my website)

These are still in internal beta and I'm waiting for the appropriate time to put into external beta testing. I have a lot of work still to do on this thing! Once the above are released I plan to celebrate with some additional options for choosing different colour schemes :)

Sentiments like these really give me the boost I need to keep working on this in my spare time. Thank you all for bearing with me as I've been adding AU features and fixing bugs etc.

That’s all great stuff Mark, love the new 128 note manipulation so expressive.

• @Samu yes, midi notes in from any source will work, although I haven't tried that yet. Here's with a keyboard...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cahociny4ck4b37/20180810_203349.mp4?dl=0

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Samu yes, midi notes in from any source will work, although I haven't tried that yet. Here's with a keyboard...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cahociny4ck4b37/20180810_203349.mp4?dl=0

Cool! I guess I need to turn on a timer as with sound-scapes like that it's easy to get lost in time :D

• @RUST( i )K said:
    I want to thank you and congratulate you for really bringing some forward thinking, technical know how, and creative spirit to the iOS music platform.

Very seldom have I seen a truly original app take hold and bring about massive waves of creative excitement and overall coolness.

You should be very proud.

Those of us who have the app, lets make sure to rank/rate in the iTunes Store.

Hats off Mark!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spacecraft-granular-synth/id1391256308?mt=8

+1

• 5 points from the Norwegian jury

• Wow!!! Wow!!! Absolut wow!
    The new update seems to blow it out! So ambient and atmospheric! Great work on this @deltaVaudio
    Nice to see the face behind SC in this video!
    Keep up your incredible work!!
    (The time to wait for samplr 2 is over. Mark took the scepter!!!)

• The fully happy lone star six gun from Texas.

• Such an inspiring app, simple, intuitive, sounds amazing, the list goes on! Looking forward to future updates. I think you should raise the price :smile:

• edited August 2018

@Dchild I'm thinking I'll raise the price a bit at some point but not until state saving, presets and midi are properly implemented and live and well. Not planning on doing IAP

• Awesome app - for me the most instant musical granular playground on IOS.
    So happy to see it developing further.

• Here's a taster for you guys showing full 128 chromatic notes manipulation. The interface switches to this when midi input is activated. Clearly, the notes are so small that you can't really do accurate note manipulation via the touch screen (hence the reset button); however, you can see that there's a lot of fun to be had drawing on the notes haphazardly! sonic madness!!!

the chromatic notes actually might be usable on screen on a 12.9 ipad :)
    pointing a Rozetta particles or collider ( or indeed any of them ) at Spacecraft will be mandatory for all perhaps?
    very much appreciate yr giving us all this flexibility.

• @RockySmalls the extra octaves really open up the sound , you can have some really interesting textures if you just draw notes randomly . You can also draw a path and have it follow. It's way more fun than I imagined, so really excited about that one :)

• @deltaVaudio - Bravo, Mark! We are all excited and grateful for your time and talent, and we look forward to the continued development of your inspiring app. Carry on!

• This forum should be changed to Spaceraft forum because there are so many threads about it. I just got it a few days ago and I'm obsessed too

• @deltaVaudio said:

Looks like fun, I’m working on another appJam thing which uses Spacecraft for the track intro, prob post it in next few days

• edited August 2018

It’s definitely getting my vote for app of the year so far.

• Cool looking forward to the update, different colour options will be much appreciated too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So pleased and impressed with Spacecraft since its release. A true original for atmospheric soundscaping. Glad to see it’s been well received and going from strength to strength. The proposed updates sound awesome! Thanks Mark keep up the great work, this app will become a classic if not already @deltaVaudio

• OKokok, I got it :D