Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Most powerful iOS Synth

123457»

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Sometimes the idea of power is overrated. Sometimes it’s things like subtlety or movement or airy etc that come more to mind. Power can mean many things obviously, but it does tend to lead the mind in certain directions.

What direction do you think it leads?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Sometimes the idea of power is overrated. Sometimes it’s things like subtlety or movement or airy etc that come more to mind. Power can mean many things obviously, but it does tend to lead the mind in certain directions.

The dark side

• edited February 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Power in synths leads my thoughts to the big analog synths of yore. Opinion only though and where it leads my mind, so when you read ‘lead the mind’ I should have said my mind lol

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

The dark side

No, the cheating side. I find it amazing that somewhere there’s a town that has quite carefully divided itself up into two sides – the cheating side of town, and what one must presume to be the non-cheating side of town. How they maintain the equality of the border is unclear – presumably the cheating side keeps moving the boundary, and the non-cheating side puts it back where it should be.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Power in synths leads my thoughts to the big analog synths of yore. Opinion only though and where it leads my mind, so when you read ‘lead the mind’ I should have said my mind lol

When I think of power, it honestly has me thinking of that VCV Rack. Haven’t tried it yet, but it sure looks mighty powerful.
    In a generic sense, I guess I think modularity when I think of power in synth-sense.

• @AudioGus said:

@ageezz said:

@david_2017 said:
    I would also say LayR (just amazing sounds) and I love zeeon to turn the knobs and stuff :-)
    (Beside that I would list Thor and mood from apesoft)

They are my two go-to synths.

LayR is a bit like Marmite (sorry to those around the world that can’t get it) - I love it. By far the best iOS synth, IMO. Hugely flexible - persevere with the programming and it will reward. As Brice says - interesting thing to come.

If it gets AU, I will certainly consider it.

Best warm up the consideration engine ;)

• @brice thanks to your presets! Your cinematic stuff is beautiful beyond description! Seriously! Can’t recommend these packs enough you made for Andy! Absolutely brilliant sounding patches!!!

BTW, what FX did you use In the screenshot? The yellow and red one?!
    And if you mind, how is your routing? I am always interested to see routing possibilities in AUM. Where do you send bus a and b :) thanks in advanced!

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@ageezz said:

@david_2017 said:
    I would also say LayR (just amazing sounds) and I love zeeon to turn the knobs and stuff :-)

LayR is a bit like Marmite (sorry to those around the world that can’t get it) - I love it. By far the best iOS synth, IMO. Hugely flexible - persevere with the programming and it will reward. As Brice says - interesting thing to come.

Big news!

• @brice next you’ll be telling us it’s getting a randomizer :wink:

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@ageezz said:

@david_2017 said:

I will definitely buy LayR when it’s AU :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@ageezz said:

@david_2017 said:

found a twenty in a coat pocket this morning. Almost fully considered now.

• @AudioGus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@ageezz said:

@david_2017 said:

found a twenty in a coat pocket this morning. Almost fully considered now.

Ah, you found my coat – thanks.

• @david_2017 said:
    @brice thanks to your presets! Your cinematic stuff is beautiful beyond description! Seriously! Can’t recommend these packs enough you made for Andy! Absolutely brilliant sounding patches!!!

BTW, what FX did you use In the screenshot? The yellow and red one?!
    And if you mind, how is your routing? I am always interested to see routing possibilities in AUM. Where do you send bus a and b :) thanks in advanced!

Thank you for the kind words. Happy to hear you enjoyed the sounds!

The two apps In that screenshot are DirectionalEQ and NYCompressor, both by DDMF. Also Filterstation2 by Audiodamage. A and B are always reverb and delay.

• So.. LayR got AUv3 (as you all know by now), and WOW! The synth is insane! The sound capabilities are wide, and the quality of sound is top notch. Instantly became my #1 fav synth. Well, after couple of days of owning it actually. You kind of feel your way around and figure it out and the more you do, the more you’re able to do. The UI is (now) very intuitive, everything is labeled clearly. The only confusion is initial, but entire synth (instance) is all on a single screen so once you figure out which is what, it becomes the most efficient to use. The only cons with it, UI is a bit hard to use without the zoomin in (double tapping zooms in). Hope this gets improved in the future. But yeah, that’s the only downside. Super happy I got it - totally recommend!

Another great one recently released - SynthMaster One. Supports your own wavetables, and can even be used for real-time fx processing.