Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Updated to include AuV3 Midi!

Just tried it with Ruismaker’s on screen pads and it recorded the midi just fine. Now, to try out the Rozeta Suite!

Comments

• Wow so much going on! Thanks Rim!

• Do report back. I just tried and couldn’t work out how to get rozetta xox working with ruismaker.

• @purpan2 said:
    Do report back. I just tried and couldn’t work out how to get rozetta xox working with ruismaker.

Update went just fine, but I couldn't figure out how to get rozeta stuff working either. Posted a note on the auria forum, but no reply yet.

• Great job RIM. I love Auria Pro

• edited August 2018

You have to put your Synths to be controlled by Rozeta on an audio tracks channel strip as a plugin then it will show up as an option for Rozeta in the midi out instrument options. I asked for more midi routing options but I think that's the only way you can do it for now. Don't forget to arm the tracks also.

Please also request more midi routing options in the forum. So far I don't think there's a way to use Twin Two with Rozeta since it has to be on the audio tracks. Ideally Auria needs a mid matrix for routing.

However, great to see midi plugins in Auria, it's got me playing with it again :)

• Trying to load SynthMaster 1 crashes Auria

• @yowza said:
    Trying to load SynthMaster 1 crashes Auria

Has done that for me ever since SynthMaster came out.

• I’d heard there was a fix coming but obviously it isn’t here yet.

• @Carnbot said:
    You have to put your Synths to be controlled by Rozeta on an audio tracks channel strip as a plugin then it will show up as an option for Rozeta in the midi out instrument options. I asked for more midi routing options but I think that's the only way you can do it for now. Don't forget to arm the tracks also.

Please also request more midi routing options in the forum. So far I don't think there's a way to use Twin Two with Rozeta since it has to be on the audio tracks. Ideally Auria needs a mid matrix for routing.

However, great to see midi plugins in Auria, it's got me playing with it again :)

Hmmm... I tried that with no luck. And yes, it was armed. Maybe I'll try a hard reset and see if that works.

Just to be clear... I set up a midi track... I put another AU synth like Zeoon in the audio channel strip. On the midi control panel, I select rozeta rhythm, arm track, generate a pattern in rozeta, and hit play?

That doesn't work for me... unless I record the midi from rozeta into the track first. Is there no way to audibly preview it before recording the midi... like you do in other hosts such as apeMatrix, AUM/AB3? Or is recording the midi first the only way?

thx!

• Quick test recording MIDI via Rozeta Bassline...success. Super cool.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

Hmmm... I tried that with no luck. And yes, it was armed. Maybe I'll try a hard reset and see if that works.

Just to be clear... I set up a midi track... I put another AU synth like Zeoon in the audio channel strip. On the midi control panel, I select rozeta rhythm, arm track, generate a pattern in rozeta, and hit play?

That doesn't work for me... unless I record the midi from rozeta into the track first. Is there no way to audibly preview it before recording the midi... like you do in other hosts such as apeMatrix, AUM/AB3? Or is recording the midi first the only way?

thx!

No, you can do it live. Are you putting the AU synth on the channel strip of a separate Audio track, not the same channel strip as the Rozeta midi track? It only works for me if I place the synth on a different track, although I hope we get more options sometime.

• edited August 2018

I’m having trouble with this new version, all my projects are affected. When an AU audio effect is inserted in the Master Strip or one of the 8 Subs the mix turns to mono. It doesn’t happen with Auria native plugins or IAA, just AU audio effects. Individual channels seem to be ok, it’s just the Master Strip and the Subs.
    Can anyone please check if this is also affecting other installations or just my iPad?
    iPad Pro 9.7, IOS 11.4

• @skiphunt are record-enabling the audio track? It works for me if I do that.

• I also have never been able to use SynthMaster One with Auria Pro. A consistent crash.

Elliott Garage EGSY01 used to make Auria Pro crash but now works fine. Yay!

And I have never been able to get a sound out of Volt. Can anyone else use Volt in Auria Pro? I wrote to the Volt developer about this but never got a response.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

No, you can do it live. Are you putting the AU synth on the channel strip of a separate Audio track, not the same channel strip as the Rozeta midi track? It only works for me if I place the synth on a different track, although I hope we get more options sometime.

yeah...that’s what I had to do also to get it to work.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

thx!

Ah, no... I have them on the same track. Makes sense since you also have to have them on separate tracks in AUM.

However, it is kinda cool that it works for recording with them on the same track though.

• Bummed! It was getting AP to actually work with SynthMaster 1 that I had hoped this release would solve. Double-plus bummed!

• Ah. I just found a post here from June that says Volt should work if Auria Pro’s buffer is set to 256. I’ll have to try that when I get a chance.

• @skiphunt said:

yeah I don't mind routing to a different track, and the midi recording is nice but would be great if you could route the midi to the input of a midi track so you could use it with Twin 2.

Maybe there's a way with streambyter or something, not sure.

• Would be easier if Rim simply allowed Twin and One to be added on an audio track to record it’s audio output like any other IAA...

• An odd thing... using rozeta xox and ruismaker it seems impossible to get snares or claps to sound on the same beat as the kick drums. They sound fine on any other beat, or if the kick drums are removed.

• @purpan2 said:
    An odd thing... using rozeta xox and ruismaker it seems impossible to get snares or claps to sound on the same beat as the kick drums. They sound fine on any other beat, or if the kick drums are removed.

Confirmed. Seems it only allows one voice at a time. Even using cells on a synth... can’t get more than one note.

• Hey, I thought the fabfilter plugins fullscreen display bug on 10.5 would be solved with the new update. It's not the case and I am getting pissed off right now.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

yeah I don't mind routing to a different track, and the midi recording is nice but would be great if you could route the midi to the input of a midi track so you could use it with Twin 2.

I thought I could just have Rozeta playing in AUM and route it out to an Auria Twin2 track... but can't get it to work. Seems like that worked at some point, but I could be mistaken. Should it work? It might've been Refraktions that I was sending midi to Twin2 though. Vaguely remember it working with Rozeta too... however, it's been awhile since I tried.

• edited August 2018

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:
    An odd thing... using rozeta xox and ruismaker it seems impossible to get snares or claps to sound on the same beat as the kick drums. They sound fine on any other beat, or if the kick drums are removed.

Confirmed. Seems it only allows one voice at a time. Even using cells on a synth... can’t get more than one note.

This is not isolated to Auria. I used to get this happening all the time in AUM using XoX with Ruismaker. Buzzkill

Edit: Dunno about the cells part, just speaking on the drums setup

• @oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:

This is not isolated to Auria. I used to get this happening all the time in AUM using XoX with Ruismaker. Buzzkill

Whoa really? How did it get fixed? I’m assuming it was patched on Bram’s end?

• @DCJ said:

@oat_phipps said:

@DCJ said:

@purpan2 said:

Whoa really? How did it get fixed? I’m assuming it was patched on Bram’s end?

What do you mean? I was referring to having multi-voice triggering problems in AUM as well (since you posted about having problems with it in Auria) with the xox and Ruismaker.

I haven't yet opened the Auria update, was only sharing that the problem seems to extend beyond Auria.

• For the record, in AUM, I'd also get instances where multi-voices would play, but only one would be at the programmed velocity. Any others would be super quiet.

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

I thought I could just have Rozeta playing in AUM and route it out to an Auria Twin2 track... but can't get it to work. Seems like that worked at some point, but I could be mistaken. Should it work? It might've been Refraktions that I was sending midi to Twin2 though. Vaguely remember it working with Rozeta too... however, it's been awhile since I tried.

Yeah that still works for me if you send Rozeta to Auria Pro virtual port in AUM.
    It's pretty crazy why you can't do this inside Auria though :D

Auria is great, but these kinds of things need updating so hopefully it'll happen one day.

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:

Yeah that still works for me if you send Rozeta to Auria Pro virtual port in AUM.
    It's pretty crazy why you can't do this inside Auria though :D

Auria is great, but these kinds of things need updating so hopefully it'll happen one day.

Oh FFS! Classic... didn't have the track armed. What can I say? It was late. lol ;)