Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ableton Link V3 Start/Stop

Why haven’t apps updated to this? I’ve really been enjoying iBassist with AB3 and all of Lumbeats awesome drum apps and wondered thisbis awesome! Why are all the other apps not updating? Is Ableton too difficult to code into the app?

How about BM3 or Cubasis? I’m really enjoying both but Cubasis will not sync up with iBassist even in IAA mode why?

I think onc they all do, it’ll be perfect!

Comments

• It may be a ‘pride thing’.... a major company as Yamaha (Steinberg/Cubase...Cubasis) implementing an Ableton creation.. A company that brought us VST tech... etc..

I guess that’s just how the world spins...

• edited August 2018

I will be looking into adding support for Ableton Link Start / Stop in the Xequence Audiobus update, due in a few weeks time. If that's any help :)

• For a second I had high hopes of triggering iBassist and RDM inside BM3 while BM3 is hosted as IAA inside Cubasis, but it’s a no go for now. I saw a video of another forum user that was able to trigger BM3 inside Cubasis and it actually does work and in sync as well but alas, not while BM3 has iBassist or RDM loaded.

• I am having trouble with SoftDrummer Start/Stop...it seems to be waiting four beats after the start command is received before it actually starts. At least when using with Grouo the Loop.

• edited August 2018

Link synced stuff starts on the next .... some point up to about 4 bars hence I think
    All to do with quantum flux or phase capacitors or something

For a better explanation

https://ableton.github.io/link/

Has the proper technical explanation ( though it’s all voodoo to me)

A handy app if you have a spare iphone laying about is
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/beat-detect/id1288620395?mt=8

As you can get a visual clue as to when the next start times are (press just before)

• Will starting either audiobus or aum. Also start aum ( or audiobus ) on another device?

Thanks.

• @sigma79 said:
    Will starting either audiobus or aum. Also start aum ( or audiobus ) on another device?

Thanks.

Yes.

• @wim said:

@sigma79 said:
    Will starting either audiobus or aum. Also start aum ( or audiobus ) on another device?

Thanks.

Yes.

Rad wim.

Thanks mate.