Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM & Soft Drummer -- Off By A Beat? (also palette hiding?)

I've just started using Soft Drummer and am putting together some practice tracks with it and iFretless Bass using AUM. I am finding that Soft Drummer is off by a beat. I am recording in 4/4. If I set a one measure count-in in AUM, Soft Drummer starts playing on the second beat of the second measure rather than on beat one.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting somewhere that I might have set up wrong?

Also, is there some way to hide the AUM control palette. When I am in iFretless, it appears in a position that interferes with some notes that I want to play on the fretboard.

Thanks

Comments

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

Confirmed. Looks like bug. You’re not doing anything wrong. It happens in Rock, Funk, and Future Drummer as well. It also happens in Cubasis.

They start properly in AudioBus 3, which might be a workaround for your IAA panel hiding problem as well. The AB3 panel may be in a more convenient spot, and can be slid off the screen if needed. AB3 doesn’t have a metronome, however.

Another workaround would be to use song mode in Soft Drummer, and put an empty 1-bar pattern at the beginning before the pattern you want.

• Tx for comfirmimg. I'll report it to Lumbeat

• @wim said:
    Confirmed. Looks like bug. You’re not doing anything wrong. It happens in Rock, Funk, and Future Drummer as well. It also happens in Cubasis.

They start properly in AudioBus 3, which might be a workaround for your IAA panel hiding problem as well. The AB3 panel may be in a more convenient spot, and can be slid off the screen if needed. AB3 doesn’t have a metronome, however.

Another workaround would be to use song mode in Soft Drummer, and put an empty 1-bar pattern at the beginning before the pattern you want.

I am not finding Soft Drummer to be better behaved in AB3, unfortunately. And I just noticed that in Cubasis, it also starts a beat late.

I tried it with Group the Loop using Ableton Link and SD started 4 beats late when start/stop linking was on,

I keep thinking I am doing something wrong because I don’t see these issues widely reported.

• I think AB3 and all of Lumbeats apps have the latest version of Ableton Link v3. Maybe the reason why they all sync up perfectly with Start stop.

@wim said: