Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Acoustica Mixcraft is what ios should be

This simple app is easy, wonderful, and under $200 usd plus it renders audio nicely . I wish it was on iPad. Any users? It’s also ultra simple . Thinking about getting a Surace Go to run this . BTW it imports AIFF files . And you can export stems .

Comments

• @Telstar5 said:
    This simple app is easy, wonderful, and under $200 usd plus it renders audio nicely . I wish it was on iPad. Any users? It’s also ultra simple . Thinking about getting a Surace Go to run this . BTW it imports AIFF files .

Supposed to be a Cakewalk Sonar Clone... you can get ‘Sonar’ for free..

https://cakewalk.bandlab.com

• edited August 2018

@RajahP : Not at all .. That’s the stripped down version of Cakewalk. It’s an entirely different animal.. I’ve always seen Cakewalk a serious being cluttered and somewhat difficult in reviews . Where did you read that it’s a “Cakewalk Clone”? It’s nothing like it .

• edited August 2018

@Telstar5 said:
    @RajahP : Not at all .. That’s the stripped down version of Cakewalk. It’s an entirely different animal.. I’ve always seen Cakewalk a serious being cluttered and somewhat difficult in reviews . Where did you read that it’s a “Cakewalk Clone”? It’s nothing like it .

Well, they said that it's former Cakewalk employees that are involved with Mixcraft.. Read it somewhere in the Cakewalk forum when Sonar was 'dead'... and there were discussion about alternative DAWS... Anyway, it's free... So....

• iirc I once bought a licence, but never used it in the end...
    There is something about classical DAW approaches (Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Samplitude) why they work for so many users.
    Each of the afforementioned features a different paradigm and every user has different preferences in workflow and usability.

IOS is about a small high resolution screen with direct interaction, which means it lacks 'convenience support' that's standard on the desktop (mouse dial, click modes, keyboard modifiers etc)
    Frankly said all IOS DAWs fail more or less in these basics and funnily the most considerate approach (imho) is the podcast targeted Ferrite.
    (which also has it's quirks, but at least the developer got the visual/response fundamentals right)
    Ferrite would need some significant mods to fit the DAW classification, but it's feasible with reasonable effort. (Probably Wooji is just happy with his podcast audience, where this thing rules for shure)
    Btt it's not about features you may see on a screenshot from a desktop DAW, but in it's very (!) specific implementation.

• Yeah, I think all of the pluses and minuses of iOS has been stated on this forum many times. They each have their function and place IMO. But for less than $200 Mixcraft seems like a no brained IMO. Plus it exports stems, imports wav and aiff files