Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit - Macro Editor ( One Big Page )

edited July 2018 in Other

Have you ever wanted to see all your Circuit’s Macro Destinations and values on one big page? Yep. Me too! :) #mididesigner #midifire #wearenovation #workinprogess

Comments

• Wow, that’s quite a bit of work on that. I just use the MIDISynth-Circuit app, and that’s good enough for me.

• @DMan said:
    Wow, that’s quite a bit of work on that. I just use the MIDISynth-Circuit app, and that’s good enough for me.

Yeah, I beta tested for that app. It has some great features but also some slightly annoying "unintuitvness" about it. Also, it's Macro page is behind tabs.

Which is why I worked on one big page with everything visible. :)

• Will be adding Synth 2 and improving the look this week hopefully.

If anyone has both MidiFire & MidiDesigner apps and are interested in this, just let me know and I can share the files when done.

• improved the look tonight. 3am now. zzzzzzzzzzz

• Wow, 5:24 am and I'm discovering your lovely post :)

• edited July 2018

Synth 2 page finished.

Just waiting on MidiFire to update (should be this week) and I can then share the files for both MidiFire & MidiDesigner.

Just inbox me if interested.

• edited July 2018

My One-Page Circuit Macro editor is now working with current versions of MidiFire & MidiDesigner, (you'll need both). Have fun! :)

You can download the files from my dropbox here.... http://bit.ly/MACROS1

• nice work!

• edited July 2018

@syrupcore said:
    nice work!

Cheers. Fun project! :)

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Want.

Link above. :) http://bit.ly/MACROS1

• edited July 2018

Quick vid of the layout hooked up to Circuit...

• Deciphering the Circuit patch sysex.

With some help from the Circuit programmers guide.

https://us.novationmusic.com/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/12118/circuit-midi-parameters-v4.pdf

• @SpookyZoo going back to your post, I've got a couple of questions for you...

I'd like to do something a bit different, but I think lot simpler than that.
    Purpose is to get values of some parameters of some IAA or AUv3 synths and sending back to a midi controller like a MidiFighterTwister, a Berhinger BCR2000 and a Quneo.

It seems for AUv3, only host can access to the parameters of what is hosting...
    For IAA, parameters might not even being public...
    See here:
    http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/518/streambyter?page=1&scrollTo=3029

Did you test successfully with IAA or AUv3 synths to get some parameters with Midi Designer Pro ?
    I'd like to do this first with DRC, as an example...

I'm also interested with your "get values" button...Can MDP could handle a "push values" action also ?
    Ideally, there would be a "get values" button to get values from an IAA/AUv3 synth, then a "push values" that would send values to different controllers...
    These 2 buttons would be midi controllable.

I thought all could be achieved with AUM (and his midi routing) and Stream Byter (AUv3 version) but I have no clue on to create a "get values" cc action and a "push values" with Stream Byter...

Any advice would be very welcome :)

• @crony said:
    @SpookyZoo going back to your post, I've got a couple of questions for you...

I'd like to do something a bit different, but I think lot simpler than that.
    Purpose is to get values of some parameters of some IAA or AUv3 synths and sending back to a midi controller like a MidiFighterTwister, a Berhinger BCR2000 and a Quneo.

It seems for AUv3, only host can access to the parameters of what is hosting...
    For IAA, parameters might not even being public...
    See here:
    http://audeonic.boards.net/thread/518/streambyter?page=1&scrollTo=3029

Did you test successfully with IAA or AUv3 synths to get some parameters with Midi Designer Pro ?
    I'd like to do this first with DRC, as an example...

I'm also interested with your "get values" button...Can MDP could handle a "push values" action also ?
    Ideally, there would be a "get values" button to get values from an IAA/AUv3 synth, then a "push values" that would send values to different controllers...
    These 2 buttons would be midi controllable.

I thought all could be achieved with AUM (and his midi routing) and Stream Byter (AUv3 version) but I have no clue on to create a "get values" cc action and a "push values" with Stream Byter...

Any advice would be very welcome :)

Hey @Crony Thanks for the interest in my layout.

The ‘Get Values’ button was a eureka moment I had when I realised I could use 3 specific things in combination. These being a 9 byte sysex message sent to the Novation Circuit via a button in Midi Designer, which then gets the Cilrcuit to send back a 350 byte patch dump sysex message. This gets fed into MidiFire’s StreamByter module which has a bunch of rules to read and feed the specific midi array values back to the Macro controls in the Midi Designer layout.

Which unfortunately I don’t believe would be possible with AUv3 synths.

A few iOS synths are bidirectional midi (The Moogs I believe), but I’m not aware of any that have a command or button to ‘send all values’. I doubt this would even happen with a programme change.

I’ll have a think anyway, to see if there’s a way, but I doubt it.

Do you have a Circuit btw?

• @McDtracy Hey, thanks.

You can grab all the MidiFire &Midi Designer files from this link http://bit.ly/MACROS1

Let me know how you get on. :)

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Deciphering the Circuit patch sysex.

With some help from the Circuit programmers guide.

https://us.novationmusic.com/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/12118/circuit-midi-parameters-v4.pdf

UTTER BOFFIN MAN NOISE OF SCIENCE

• Did another thing...

Combined my love of Midi Designer & Affinity Designer to bring my Circle of Fifths poster design to life with midi! :)

Notes from the Novation Circuit...

• @SpookyZoo well you are crazy, that’s official 😉
    I don’t own a circuit and my quest seems doomed 😆
    Anyway Getting much fun seing your work !

• @crony said:
    @SpookyZoo well you are crazy, that’s official 😉
    I don’t own a circuit and my quest seems doomed 😆
    Anyway Getting much fun seing your work !

Ha, perhaps! ;)

Thanks!