Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM into Logic Pro X

For some reason I seem to have a mental block for doing something that is probably simple. Using my iCA4+ interface, iPad and iMac, is there a way to get the audio from each of the channels in AUM into seperate tracks in Logic? I know I can set the input to 5/6 in a.Logic track to get the whole mix, but is there a way to seperate the AUM channels into different tracks?

Comments

• AUM makes separate audio files for each channel you have record enabled automatically when you record in it. After you record , click on the menu icon then go to files and scroll down until you see the recordings folders. All the separated audio files are in their own folder. Just make sure you name each session before you record something , otherwise all your files end up mixed together in the same folder

• @Strizbiz said:
    AUM makes separate audio files for each channel you have record enabled automatically when you record in it. After you record , click on the menu icon then go to files and scroll down until you see the recordings folders. All the separated audio files are in their own folder. Just make sure you name each session before you record something , otherwise all your files end up mixed together in the same folder

Thanks for your reply but I was wondering if you can record into separate tracks in Logic while you’re playing into separate AUM channels. For example you’re playing guitar into channel 1 of AUM, drum app going into channel 2, a synth in channel 3 is being run by steppolyarp unit in channel 4 etc. I’m NOT talking about recording in AUM and transferring those files into Logic. Using my iCA4+ interface with both my iPad and my Mac connected to it, if you set up a track in Logic using input 5/6 you are able to record into Logic what you got going on in AUM (without recording in AUM) but it records all the AUM channels into the same track. I want to be able to record each channel of AUM into separate Logic tracks, realtime. I’m sorry that I probably am not explaining my setup and my intentions clearly. Maybe it can’t even be done.

• You‘ll have to change settings inside ICA-software. Normally each connected device routes 2 Channels out, you‘ll have to tell the ICA to route 4 channels from wherever your iPad is connected. I had this running (with an ICM4+, though, which is able to have three devices connected). In Logic, choose your relevant inputs on monochannels. Have fun.

• It's also worth mentioning that the iPad will send it's Audio and MIDI outputs into a Mac over the Lightning Cable using the IDAM
    (Inter-Device Audio and MIDI). So, using a rinse and repeat approach you can get all tour tracks in Logic Pro X by playing them into Logic as using the iPad like an external sound module.

The one thing I have figured out is the synchronization method that should be used. I just hit play on Logic then AUM and trimmed off the extra silence. What's the right way to trigger Logic's Transport controls and have AUM get started? MIDI Clock? Ableton Link? Other?

• hummmmm.. Seems like something I need to investigate and report back in video form. Adding it to my list of to-dos.

• @animal said:
    You‘ll have to change settings inside ICA-software. Normally each connected device routes 2 Channels out, you‘ll have to tell the ICA to route 4 channels from wherever your iPad is connected. I had this running (with an ICM4+, though, which is able to have three devices connected). In Logic, choose your relevant inputs on monochannels. Have fun.

Thanks! I kind of assumed that was the case but I’ve always been a bit intimidated by the routing in the iCA4+ App.

• @gmslayton said:
    hummmmm.. Seems like something I need to investigate and report back in video form. Adding it to my list of to-dos.

That would be great. Thanks!

• @McDtracy said:
    It's also worth mentioning that the iPad will send it's Audio and MIDI outputs into a Mac over the Lightning Cable using the IDAM
    (Inter-Device Audio and MIDI). So, using a rinse and repeat approach you can get all tour tracks in Logic Pro X by playing them into Logic as using the iPad like an external sound module.

The one thing I have figured out is the synchronization method that should be used. I just hit play on Logic then AUM and trimmed off the extra silence. What's the right way to trigger Logic's Transport controls and have AUM get started? MIDI Clock? Ableton Link? Other?

Thanks! If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re saying that using the IDAM method I’d be able to record from AUM into Logic, but only 1 channel/track at a time.